Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sunbitch ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 12:58AM

What are the percentage of gays in the mormon church specifically?..are they alot higher then I would think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 01:39AM

? are U counting the repressed individuals (nascent homosexuals, men & women) who 'live a straight life'?

I'm guessing about the same %, possibly slightly less than the U.S. average.

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 02:02AM

No. I am guessing more, not less.

The LDS Church has created an unnatural reproduction culture where humans born homosexual are not free to follow their natural attractions. Instead, many of them marry and unnaturally reproduce.

Is a gay parent MORE likely to produce gay offspring?

I don't know, but it would seem unlikely he or she is LESS likely to produce gay offspring.

The Mormon Church is the eternal mind fuck that just keeps on fucking up everything it touches, for all fucking time and all fucking eternity.

It especially excels at fucking up fucking.

Date: February 05, 2017 03:27AM

I have (had) two gay cousins, sons of a bishop. One of them got married and years later dies of AIDS. That was after begetting five children.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 07, 2017 07:18PM

beyondashadow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Instead, many of them marry and unnaturally
> reproduce.

Gee, I thought reproduction was always "natural," unless you did in-vitro or something similar... :)

Date: February 07, 2017 07:38PM

It's unnatural if you have to lash it to a toothbrush to get the job done.

It is unnatural to fuck something you are not interested in.

Date: February 05, 2017 02:05AM

yeah GNPE, what i'm counting is the percent of gay mormon's living a lie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2017 02:06AM by sunbitch.

Posted by: en passant ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 10:52AM

So, you want a head count? I don't think we're going to raise our hands in Sacrament Meeting.

Are you implying there are aspects of Mormonism that breed or encourage being gay? Or that there are more gay people in the church because of traits unique to Mormonism? That's silly.

Gay people are there, just as they are everywhere. We are your sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, mothers, and fathers. We exist.

The issue is not how many of us there are, but that the church is in an abysmal, homophobic state of failure in its pastoral obligation to minister to its gay brothers and sisters.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 11:35AM

According to Elder Bednar, 0%.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 02:03PM

Jeez, I'd forgotten about that

Posted by: Puli ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 10:10AM

Babyloncansuckit Wrote:
> According to Elder Bednar, 0%.

This is called "denial" from Elder Bednar.

Is he the one to fill Boyd K. Packer role in the Quorum?

Posted by: anonculus ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 12:25PM

I would think there are somewhat fewer gay people in the church than the general population of the US.

We don't have to know the specific numbers to see that TSCC's attitude obviously drives many of them out and certainly does nothing to attract them. When have you heard of someone leaving the US because they were gay?

Posted by: Inverso ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 12:37PM

I'm not a geneticist but I understand that the genetic sequences most correlated with gay men are transmitted through the maternal line, so having more gay men reproduce might not not change the equation much.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 12:55PM

Have you tried counting inside TBM closets?

Posted by: ExPapist nli ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 01:33PM

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/having-older-brothers-inc/

Big families would tend to be raising more gay boys.

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: February 05, 2017 02:35PM

Theres a few in nearly every ward

Posted by: lo ( )
Date: February 06, 2017 05:21PM

If Bro Smith's research from the 25 years ago is accurate, about a third of male gays were created because of hormonal changes in the womb that occur when there are multiple male children. Since Mormons, Catholics and Evangelicals are each more likely to have more male children following multiple other male children, you would expect somewhat of an increased percentage of at least gay men in a Mormon population. The research thought this avenue probably only accounted for about one third of those who so identify. (After BYU published this research, Bro Smith didn't publish anymore and left BYU thereafter.

Date: February 06, 2017 05:48PM

The Brethren naturally have no interest in funding research that suggests that SSA is not caused by Stan tempting young people of weak morals and character to disobey God and defile themselves and others.

This is understandable. Who would support research resulting in the conclusion that you, the sponsor, are in truth, and after all, a goddamned fucking racist, misogynistic, homophobic piece of human excrement?

And mouthpiece spokesmodel for God on Earth. Did I forget that?

Posted by: lo ( )
Date: February 07, 2017 06:36PM

I actually think that his research might have been what prompted them to consider that people could be born that way.

Date: February 07, 2017 07:32PM

Who needs research when you have a Red Phone to God?

. . .

Maybe the Red Phone connects to Stan.

That could be part of the problem, come to think more about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2017 07:33PM by beyondashadow.

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: February 07, 2017 07:34PM

I would guess that the percentage would mirror that of the percentage in the general population. Unless you believe elder Bednar that there are none ;)

Date: February 07, 2017 07:53PM

I wonder how The Brethren explain the verified existence of gay animals in the wild.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

I wonder if these gay animals had babies (somehow) ... if The Brethren would make the puppies, kittens, cute little chimps and baby seagulls (and gut worms) wait until age 18 to join the Church, providing of course, that the baby animals disavow the abominable lifestyle choices of their gay animal parents?

This brings up a question for BruceR or HughN. If gay animals have sex with other gay animals, it technically considered sodomy? And if so, would such behaviors constitute grounds for an Apostasy indictment and a disciplinary council?

And what about when a gay animal initiates sex with a human? Is there a name for that? And does it matter which orifice(s) of choice is(are) selected for the occasion?

And did the Prophet Joseph Smith have any personal experience relating to these Gospel Quandaries?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2017 07:55PM by beyondashadow.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 07, 2017 09:48PM

10%. They are the tithes and offerings to The Lord. Mormons can live without them. And how many have sacrificed their real orientation to the God of polygamy and homophobia for his "true orientation?"

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 08, 2017 09:25AM

^ +1000 :)

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 09:04AM

I'm honored.

Posted by: a nonny mouse ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 09:41AM

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 10:09AM

Anyone who isn't interested in the message doesn't need to bother with them.

Those who want to plant seeds can seek out the mishies and go at it if it helps their recovery.

Posted by: Puli ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 10:22AM

If you are omitting gay Mormons who have resigned or been ex'ed, the answer would have to that there are fewer gay Mormons than the general population. If you are also omitting those who deny their SSA and force themselves to live straight lifestyles, then there would be a lot fewer - being gay and Mormon is at best difficult even if they keep to the Mormon regimen.

As ExPapist nli pointed out, males with more older brothers have a higher incidence of being gay. Since Mormons tend to have larger families, it stands to reason that more boys are born with older brothers, and therefore, more gay boys would be born into Mormon families.

We would also need to look at the effect of conversions to TSCC's mix of gay and straight members. Certainly, far fewer openly gay people would be interested in Mormonism or accepted as baptismal candidates. Far more new converts would be straight (hopefully with families already in tow).

Lots of variables to consider. I would guess there are many fewer gay Mormons than the general population who acknowledge and accept their sexual orientation and who are active or supportive members of the LDS church.

Posted by: Hard to tell ( )
Date: February 10, 2017 09:24PM

I know several gay men that are married to women and pretend to be straight in the LDS world, and sneak off to get laid by men as often as they can. They identify as gay, but do not want to come out because they do not want to lose or hurt their family.

Because of things like this, it is not likely any count would be accurate.

When I first came out, in polling only about 1% would identify as LGBT. That was a long time ago. Now gays are more accepted and more are willing to identify as LGBT to pollsters. The last poll had 4.1%.

As long as LGBTs feel they will lose family, friends and community, many will lie about who they are

Date: February 10, 2017 09:31PM

The Church lies every day about what IT is, so The Brethren are therefore bloviating Pots calling Kettles black whenever they complain about misbehaving members.

Church Leadership are all actors pretending to be what they are not ... officiating over a giant herd of Members who are rewarded for their degree of success at also appearing to be what they are not ... either.

It's just one giant, steaming pile of LIES upon LIES, and DECEPT upon DECEPT.

Of this I bear my solemn witness,

beyondashadow

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2017 09:37PM by beyondashadow.

Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 02:06AM

I know several that haven't come out and might not ever. One guy I dated and didn't realize it till much later. He is almost 40, never married. I doubt he will ever come out because of his TBM family. Then there's the guy my childhood friend married. He was a RM, BYU grad, they married in the temple. They have 4 children. He is so obviously gay that whenever I see him I think how does nobody else know? Or maybe they don't want to admit it. It's sad that he is living a lie x2...gay and pretending to be straight, and also living as a TBM. Wow. And there's also one of my BILs...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2017 02:07AM by bluebutterfly.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: February 12, 2017 08:57AM

Not that much higher than the percentage of blacks in the KKK. At least if they stay in the closet, that is.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: February 12, 2017 01:19PM

As I think about this topic, what I wasn't taught but only learned through the "grapevine" gravitates to the top of my thoughts. I was young, curious, and just wanted information.

How sad that we all have had to endure so many twists and contortions in our life concerning the birds and bees, and how evil is the MormonCult for its huge part in this scene. The cult uses sex to keep its flock in line with fear and misinformation.

As Beyondshadow said so well, "It especially excels at fucking up fucking."

Well, from me to you MormonCult, FUCK YOU.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: February 12, 2017 06:02PM

I have no reason to think that it's the same as in the general population, regardless of their being in or out.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 12, 2017 06:31PM

As for the number of gays born into the Mormon church, I would guess that it's roughly the same percent as that of the general population (at least 4%, or perhaps somewhat more.) That means one out of every 25 people -- one in every public school classroom, and at least one in every elder's quorum, high priest's quorum, relief society meeting, etc. I would guess that a certain number leave the church as adults. It would be interesting to know what percentage.

Posted by: anonob ( )
Date: February 12, 2017 08:54PM

Shouldn't the % be a little higher than the norm among mormons give the fact that they have larger than average families and, therefore, more 4th, 5th and 6th, etc. sons?

Date: February 12, 2017 10:25PM

I was thinking myself that the percentage would be really high, since mormon parent's are so strict about there son's having girls over so they would have a higher chance of being more curious about boys!!..just a thought..

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: February 12, 2017 11:51PM

sunbitch Wrote:
> I was thinking myself that the percentage would be
> really high, since mormon parent's are so strict
> about there son's having girls over so they would
> have a higher chance of being more curious about
> boys!!..just a thought..

That doesn't make a person gay. Straight people are known to have gay experiences, but that doesn't mean they are gay.

Being gay means you are **sexually attracted** to same gendered people, not that you have had sex with the same gender. That is like saying that gay people who have straight sex, are straight. They aren't.

No, there is no reason to believe that the percentage of gay people in the Mormonism is any higher than the average population.

Sexual orientation is about who you are **sexually attracted** to, not necessarily who you have sex with. Many gay people get married and have straight sex, even though they are gay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2017 11:53PM by angela.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.