Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 04:46PM

Enough"
Today in a joint priesthood/Relief society those in attendance were told in no uncertain terms that no matter what you do it will never be enough!
The members listening to this diatribe constituted less that 20% of the ward membership. Many are doing their "duty" and more.
It seems that no matter what you do they keep wanting more.

Therefore my position now is "I will do what I can. If that is not enough I will do nothing"!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 04:51PM

Well, yeah. You're married to the church. The church is a needy, whiny, judgmental bitch. Nothing is ever enough.

Posted by: evergreen ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 05:05PM

And why are people not fleeing from slavery?

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 06:13PM

They are 20% attendance proves it.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 06:20PM

Sounds like my job. At least I get paid!

Posted by: Kathleen nli ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 06:50PM

People with self-esteem issues are particularly hammered by that crap. But, at least they can ramp up their tithing, fast offerings, missionary funds, humanitarian aid, etc. to make up for their hideous lack.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 06:59PM

Much better to be a Presbyterian where each Sunday one gets forgiven and you know you are saved. One of the absurdities of Moism is the idea that we never do "all we can do". Yet Mosim teaches that Christ only makes up the difference between what we "can" do and what is needed. IOW, a gap remains. Too bad. The treadmill is forever and the result is a long, long, time in "spirit prison". Grace is only a first name of Moism and not the realization that one is saved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2017 07:01PM by rhgc.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 07:26PM

Never apologize nor admit fault. That is the true sign of a cult.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 09:36PM

In view of that, babies are pretty worthless.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 11:11PM

I do not remember the exact date or time of year, but I so very clearly remember the Sunday that my ULTRA DUMB SHIT (ULTRA ASS HOLE) MORmON male parent came home from priesthood meeting to inform us -his MORmON (secret handshake based) eternal family, of the mighty MORmON whizz DUMB that had been imparted to the mighty local MORmON priestDUD holders such as himself by the visiting mighty MORmON general authority during that MORmON priestDUD meeting. (Sorry that I can not recall the exact particular MORmON General Authority that imparted this particular spell binding MORmON Whizz DUMB, as I was quite young) I remember that occasion so well because of special emphasis of the delirious ultra cheesy MORmON dumb ass spirit (shit) eating grin that was on my MORmON male parent's MORmON face and the enthusiastic way that he finally conveyed the MORmON whizzDumb to us in a voice and style that was just way too happy and gleeful about the matter.

Such a glorious message required a certain amount of build up, so that is exactly the way that Capt Dumb shit handled the matter, telling us how profound that this message was for several minutes before telling us what the message actually was. After being baited for several minutes, we were finally allowed to hear the glorious message: The mission of THE Church is to comfort the afflicted and to afflict the comfortable!

Yah, really.

Sure THE restored gospel was supposed to make our lives better .......but it was also supposed to be an affliction to us as well. It made perFUCT sense to MORmONS. It helped my MORmON male parent feel better about always being broke after endlessly being sucked dry financially by every MORmON cause that LDS inc could come up with.

It was also a de facto admission that being a faithFOOL MORmON was not nearly as great as MORmONS wanted to think .....and not nearly as great as the ENDLESS DEMANDS and NEEDS of THE bloodsucking parasitic (MORmON) church.

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: January 30, 2017 03:09AM

on the list of cult characteristics, is that the followers feel that they are never good enough. I always felt that way. Now I don't.

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: February 01, 2017 12:38AM

Ah yes, it's King Benjamin's Unprofitable Servant routine. Because you and your priesthood leader will never fulfill your duties well enough, he takes it out on you and you take it out on whoever you have to.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: February 01, 2017 02:22AM

Never give the members any free time.
Never let the members think for themselves.
Never tell the truth, even when confronted with it.
Never let people feel good about themselves
Never allow dissent
Never permit the unworthy to participate fully.
Never, never give up on the constant pounding of unworthiness

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 01, 2017 03:02AM

Once I knew I couldn't do enough, I was done. Their call.

Posted by: thegame2017 ( )
Date: February 01, 2017 03:12AM

Our HPGL was like that. Every Sunday would berate us and tell us doing so little, jesus died for us and this is how you repay him, room barely 1 fifth full and it's our fault blah blah blah. Had a go at me personally one day in front of every one because said I wasn't attending the temple often enough. It's 5 hour drive from us and I work full time, had spent a few days there not long before but apparently it wasn't good enough. Also said we shouldn't waste our time on sports or games, instead use that time for indexing and researching family history. Guy was totally up himself.

Posted by: canary21 ( )
Date: February 01, 2017 12:01PM

That is because the Mormon Church sells Jesus and Heavenly Father short. I would encourage you to read the Bible one chapter at a time. The Biblical Jesus and Heavenly Father are bigger than what the LD$ church takes them for. Their love and mercy is infinite. All your good deeds are always good enough and plus, they don't have much value because Biblical Jesus and Heavenly Father are just interested in having a personal relationship with everyone of us.

The last words that came out of Jesus Christ's mouth before he died on the cross was "done." There is nothing else you can do to be saved other than to believe in him and accept him into your heart. Remember: without his atonement, we would all have never been gifted with eternal life and salvation. He could have been a fair God and made us pay for our sins, but instead, he chose to be unfair and chose grace and mercy. Why? Because his love for us is UNCONDITIONAL.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2017 12:01PM by canary21.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: February 01, 2017 07:02PM

Canary21 - this is preaching. Letting it stand for now. Please realize we are not all religious after our time in Mormonism. See the guidelines.

Posted by: canary21 ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 08:38PM

I wasn't intending on preaching, Eric K.

I understand you may also be RFM. I am spiritual, but I am not religious and there is a big difference between the two. Whenever you are ready, I would encourage you to enhance your spirituality :)

Posted by: kvothe ( )
Date: February 01, 2017 02:44PM

Yeah, but that's the message in all christian churches: otherwise why have a need for a savior/expiation/crucifixion, etc.

No need for grace if you can do it on your own. Just sayin'

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: February 02, 2017 03:38AM

This is one reason I left always clean the church help the missionaries feed the missionarionies over and over then tithing settlement and it STILL wasn't enough and I was like fuck this I'm taking care of myself and never looking back cause I'm spread thin and nobody gives a shit and neither does God this ain't the way to heaven just slavery to hell on earth to old men in expensive suits fuck that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2017 03:39AM by badassadam.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: February 11, 2017 09:16PM

We are a human beings--not a human doings.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 12, 2017 09:36PM

TSCC was never enough. Never had decent answers, never lively enough, never fun enough, never real enough.

A reDICKuloUS cultURE masquerading itself as a relIgIon will never satisfied.That's how superficial it is. Totally FOOL of itself! TOTALLY artificial - it's OFFICIAL!

Absolutely made up and no where to go. Makes lumps out of would-be 'saints'. Makes it impossible for members to achieve righteousness on account of it's misuse- and abuse- of it's followers' time and talents, not to mention consciousness.

M@t

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.