Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sunbitch ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 02:02AM

will mormonism ever shut down? that would be the happiest day of my whole life.

I am just sick of it all and I just want it to go away for good.

Is it a possibility it could ever go away for good?

~sincerely, make it go away please!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2017 02:10AM by sunbitch.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sunbitch ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 02:02AM

Posted by: Pariah ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 02:16AM

LDS, Inc. is one of the largest real estate holding companies in America. It owns three of the largest cattle ranches in the US. It also owns the largest cattle ranch in Canada. LDS, Inc. is the largest land owner in Florida, as well as Utah and Idaho. Besides the beef industry (selling to McDonald's, Burger King, etc), it is big in the sugar industry, selling sugar to Budweiser (I can't spell Anhauser Busch) Coke and Pepsi. The apostles are on the boards of directors of huge companies, like Huntsman Chemical, Sinclair Oil (I think LDS owns Sinclair, right?) General Motors, the largest egg company in Cali, BYU, BYU-I, BYU HI, Bonneville Communications, to name a few. As a for-profit business, it won't go away anytime soon. (It doesn't have to pay taxes--go figure!)

As a cult, I have every hope that it will go away, or at least dimminish into a withered fringe group of frightened right-wing polygamists, huddled in bunkers in the Southern Utah desert. Big-business LSD will end up denouncing the Mormon cult-members, as polygamists, and, when there's no money left to take from them, they will cast aside the religious part of the business altogether. This will move quickly, if the US Government ever takes away the LDS tax-exempt status. This is something I pray for.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 04:02AM

Mormonism will end. Everything has a beginning and an end. No religion, no business will forever. Mormonism will die.

The sad part is it will die long after we have died. Enjoy the small pieces of Mormonisms failures while you can.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 04:26AM

The people who want to believe in mormonism don't care about the facts, logic, or ethics of it.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 04:45AM

What, and ruin a perfectly good hobby? I think I spend more time on the bashing side than I did as an active TBM.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 04:48AM

mormonism will continue to morph into different things. It will not die.

Posted by: yup ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 07:22AM

The church is too big and has too many connections for it to die overnight. You'd be better off getting on with and enjoying your own life than sitting online waiting for the church to die.

It just isn't going to happen.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 08:55AM

The mormonism I fought 30 years ago is dead.

The lies I battled are now church essays.

30 years ago it was a lonely journey to leave the mormon church. Today the internet is full of pictures of ex-mormons and ex-mormon communities.

So, mormonism is dead to me.

Many will feed off of the rotting corpse of mormonism for decades.

But more will continue to escape and use the mormon church as a stepping stone to a more enlightened life - and that is fun to watch.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 08:55AM

It will unfortunately be around awhile. Try to diminish its influence in your life, in no particular order, with hobbies, community service, books, family etc. I believe the public perception of Mormonism has diminished significantly from being a quaint benign religion in Utah to one of now being thought of as being a bit silly and nothing to take seriously. Of course my perspective is a bit skewed, but from reading articles on Mormonism then studying readers' responses, Mormonism has lost what little respect it has had. I correspond a few times a year with the Daily Beast, Washington Post and other outlets. I guess I am on their digital Rolodex. They contact me about Mormonism to get some background. This kind of contact did not occur 20 years ago. I know Richard Packham has had some as well. It is slow progress. Our main purpose here is to help those newly out of Mormonism.

Posted by: quatermass2 ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 01:24PM

Will "religion" (in the very broadest sens of the term) ever shut down?

I'm not holding my breath!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 01:26PM

It will endure, but every day it becomes less relevant.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: January 29, 2017 04:14PM

A couple months ago I got my first "floater." This is a small piece of tissue on the inside of the eyeball that breaks off and floats around in the liquid goop inside the eyeball.

They're almost always harmless, and increasingly common as one ages (I'm 65). And annoying: it's unlikely it will go away on its own, and it bugs me, floating around on the side of my vision. But there's nothing I can do about it.

In other words, it's like the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Maybe someday it will go away, but I'll be dead by then.

But trust me on this: the floater is more annoying at this point than the church.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.