Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 11:52AM

This came across facebook this morning:

http://www.clickorlando.com/strange-florida/video-of-massive-florida-alligator-creates-buzz

I can imagine the conversation back in the day.

Noah to his son Ham: "Goest forth and gather two alligators to putteth on the ark."

Ham: "Can't you ask Shem or Japeth to do that? I'm more of a hamster-and-chickadee-gathering type of guy."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: 64monkey ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 04:07PM

Are we sure those three anchors didn't graduate from BYU broadcasting. that kid (male anchor) could be a poster child for a return missionary.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 08:56PM

Now I am hearing rumbles that this might be a fake animal.

What do you all think? Seems pretty real to me.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 09:20PM

I don't know if it is real or filmed in perspective of the people or what.

It's a nature center which I don't know about. However, there is something odd about the people lying on the ground who somehow felt pretty safe?

If it is real, it's magnificent!

Date: January 16, 2017 09:54PM

"Now I am hearing rumbles that this might be a fake animal."

For perspective, the largest gator ever taken was 15'9" in the Alabama River. This one looks pretty close to that.

Date: January 17, 2017 02:44PM

...about 11 feet long. Since gators never stop growing as long as they live, 15-20-year-ones can grow that large.

Here's a good article with photos about the largest specimen ever caught. It's now on display in the Montgomery Zoo.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3094393/World-s-biggest-American-alligator-caught-Alabama-family-goes-displa.html

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 09:57PM

The gator is moving like a pig not a gator. The magic of editing. If you look closely the gator is walking on seer stones and reading golden plates with a magical sword up his ass.

Date: January 17, 2017 02:40PM

"The gator is moving like a pig not a gator."

Maybe the animal is really a rare mangatorpig. Algore should rush down to Florida to investigate.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 10:09PM

Crab lice have been around a few million years. Hence Noah must have gone out of his way to ensure that a breeding pair of crab lice went for the Big Cruise.

I've had crabs twice (Thanks, Lena! Thanks, Mary Jo!). There are better things to have.

Clearly, Noah was an asshole.

Posted by: josephsmithseer ( )
Date: January 17, 2017 12:00AM

makes sense go out and pickup two white salamanders talking ones!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 17, 2017 12:35AM

I think... most Christians are now saying that Most of the O.T. was made up & passed down as FPRs, NO existing period documentation from the days of the original (claimed) events...

OR

the people who believe/repeat them are just to Wacko to deal with anyway...

Posted by: quatermass2 ( )
Date: January 17, 2017 07:22AM

What did Noah do with the two woddworm he took aboard The Ark?

(Pedants' Corner: Yes, I know 'woodworm' does not refer simply to one species of organism and is a collective-label).

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: January 17, 2017 02:21PM

Well, you see, everything was tiny back in Noah's day, which is how he was able to fit millions of species in the Ark. Sheep, for example, were about three centimeters long. The 'gators back then were only about five centimeters. Once off the Ark, with no competition from other animals, they were able to grow to the size we know them today.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: January 17, 2017 03:39PM

Posted by: ericka ( )
Date: January 17, 2017 04:26PM

According to this article, 86% of the species on this Earth still haven't had a description assigned to them yet. I highly doubt Noah lived in a place where every species on Earth just hung out around a boat he was building. There's no way the Noah story could possibly be real. It seems the story makes for a great topic in comedy routines though.

Posted by: Sonflower ( )
Date: January 17, 2017 05:35PM

I think the video of the giant gator is probably fake because if you watch it closely, none of the grass and weeds are disturbed. When it's nose comes out of the weeds, it seems to perfect. Something that big would cause the weeds to be rustling as it passes through. I think someone filmed an old gator walking, enlarged it, and superimposed it coming out of the weeds. Just a possibility.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.