Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: January 14, 2017 09:18PM

Here's my question: Why do all the men in boner pill commercials have facial hair? Are they supposedly thinking about sex more?

Observation: Maybe that's why LDS Inc discourages facial hair. haha.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: January 14, 2017 09:28PM

Well, I'm a Boner and I have facial hair! Seriously, I like being a man, and it took me a while to get comfortable with my body, biological urges, and masculinity. A lot of my former hang ups go back to Mormonism and suppressing anything that was natural--from facial hair to erections.

I had to grow a beard earlier in my life because I got chicken pox as an adult. I was covered with them. I couldn't shave and eventually the scabs and hair grew out. My beard was looking pretty great. But, it was my senior year at BYU and I had to cut my beard off.

Now, I like my beard, my low voice, my earthiness, and being comfortable in my own skin. The beard is part of me just as my hairy chest, morning wood, etc. I think the commercials are reminding men that ED is not related to being a lesser of a man. Best wishes, Gemini!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2017 09:31PM by BYU Boner.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: January 14, 2017 09:49PM

Damn hippies.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 14, 2017 10:06PM

Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: January 14, 2017 10:04PM

I got chicken pox at age 32....horrible. No beard currently but as soon as I stop officiating high school football I plan on winning easily any ZZ Top look a like contest....

Gatorman
9-4
14-3

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: January 14, 2017 10:11PM

Beards, jeans, cussing, dogs, trucks, football, coffee, and beer! Mighty fine, gatorman, mighty fine!

Posted by: boilerluv ( )
Date: January 18, 2017 07:07PM

Well, I certainly can't speak for all women, but maybe it's because women think guys with facial hair are sexier. I certainly do. Give me a good jawline with a day or two of beard growth, and WOWZER! My (ex) husband and I fell in love at first sight, and he had a moustache, and the second thing I said to him was, "I have never kissed a man with a moustache," and he said, "Let's fix that oversight right now." And then and there in a public place , on our first meeting, he took my face in his hands and we shared our first kiss. We are divorced (turned out he was not only sexy but alcoholic and I got to where I couldn't live with that any more. He wasn't mean or brutal, just always half drunk and couldn't hold a job because of it, and then there were the kids...) but we made it for 18 years and still adore each other. All I'm saying is--many women find facial hair very attractive--possibly because it is one of the primary differences in men and women--one that shows...ya' know? I love a guy with facial hair. Still.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: January 20, 2017 09:40AM

I really hate facial hair. It's scratchy and my skin is sensitive. It hides men's handsome faces. I don't like kissing a man and getting a lip full of scratchy mustache hair. It's like kissing a ferret.

Many men expect women to shave our lady bits to bald, like we're 10, nowadays, but they can't be bothered to be clean shaven. Nobody wants to go down on a ferret and I certainly don't want a ferret going down on me.

I can't WAIT until this beard fad dies out so I can get laid again. :-(

Date: January 20, 2017 10:00AM

I will agree that sensitive skin can be bothered by "beard rash" and it can be uncomfortable. I remember once showing my husband my inner thighs--all red and rash-ey looking. He eyed them and then said, "Insects?' I laughed and said, "No, love--DURING." He said, "Do you want me to shave my beard?" and I said "Never in a million years." Kissing or making love with a hairless man, to me, now, would be like making love to a woman. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but since I'm not gay, I love you the way you are. Quite frankly, I kind of enjoyed seeing the rash on my chest and thighs and neck--it didn't last forever, I had lotion I could put on it, and it just gave me happy memories. I've never slept with a ferret, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be quite the same as a guy with a beard. So--to each her own. :)

Date: January 20, 2017 10:03AM

Oh, and Mike's beard was short--not like those hideous "Duck Dynasty" horrors on TV. It was more like a 3-day growth, plus moustache. Yum. ;)

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: January 20, 2017 10:45PM

dogzilla Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I really hate facial hair. It's scratchy and my
> skin is sensitive. It hides men's handsome faces.
> I don't like kissing a man and getting a lip full
> of scratchy mustache hair. It's like kissing a
> ferret.
>
> Many men expect women to shave our lady bits to
> bald, like we're 10, nowadays, but they can't be
> bothered to be clean shaven. Nobody wants to go
> down on a ferret and I certainly don't want a
> ferret going down on me.
>
> I can't WAIT until this beard fad dies out so I
> can get laid again. :-(

Kissing a ferret? Oooo - can't imagine

Um, who has sex with armpits? Yukk

I'm not most men - people can, should, and do/ will/ must get laid - but hair ain't no fad, and I don't know any man that expects a woman to shave down there. I like nature... and it ain't natural to bush hog/ clearcut/ ruin a beautiful landscape/ painting/ view.

Hair has purposes! One is to grow.

On

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: January 18, 2017 08:35PM

I have a beard... Just saying...

Posted by: paulk ( )
Date: January 18, 2017 09:11PM

I think the Church discourages facial hair because it wants to portray a clean-cut all-American image. Don't want to risk looking either old-fashioned like the Amish, or making people think of Polygamy. Keep up appearances.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: January 18, 2017 10:00PM

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: January 19, 2017 10:46AM

A beard is a sign of high testosterone. Similarly, a bald head is a sign of brain growth and high testosterone. To be bald and have a beard is definitely being smart and sexy.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: January 19, 2017 11:16PM

Heres a lay article, you can find much more detailed research on pubmed.

http://tctmed.com/low-t-faq-testosterone-reason-balding/

Posted by: itwasnotme ( )
Date: January 19, 2017 09:22PM

I think it depends a lot on the man and the kind of beard. These guys, not so much. (My favorite author is the man in the middle.)

http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-mitch-miller-obit-pictures-photogallery.html

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: January 19, 2017 10:47PM

gemini Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... facial hair? Are they... thinking about sex more?
>
> Observation: Maybe that's why LDS Inc discourages facial hair. haha.

They don't need to be thinking about sex (though it doesn't hurt).

If men with facial hair think (ESPECIALLY ABOUT SEXXX), that's certainly cause for concern.

I think... mostly about sex/ unity/ divinity... therefore I live!

Hurrah

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 19, 2017 11:31PM

Started growing my mustache riding home from Ricks in the back seat of my dad's Oldsmobile in May of 1967. My top lip ain't been naked since except for on short period in 1973 when my new wife told me to shave it off...so I did...and when I walked out of the bathroom she yelled "GROW IT BACK"!!!!!!!

rb

Posted by: L Tom Petty ( )
Date: January 20, 2017 08:40AM

Beards are definitely righteous.

I am a little patchy on the sides so I stick to the goatee. Just wish I had more hair on top and I would grow it to my shoulders and look like my man Jesus or maybe it is just my inner hippie.

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: January 20, 2017 09:36AM

I definitely find facial hair attractive on most men (Brad Pitt is definitely an exception to the rule). So men, grow out that facial hair and while you are at it, let your chest hair grow.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 20, 2017 10:30AM

Some men are even more handsome in a beard than they were pre-beard. A good example of this is someone many of you know, Peter "Rocks-the-Beard" Danzig. Peter was made for a beard. And for some seemingly trivial but actually useless information, TBM DW, who greatly approves of Peter's look, says he's the only man she's seen who can get away with a man-bun.

I went from having a beard for many years to having none at all. When I got called to church positions and someone told me to shave, I just said, "Naw. It's who I am." But now that I'm an old man, I believe that the beard just gives me a look of persistent homelessness. I had to get a new ID badge just as I was set to deploy to a Muslim country and had began growing a beard. The badge serves as a daily reminder how ridiculous I looked. Now I shave every 3rd day. The first day looks okay. By the 3rd day, the homelessness sets in. On the good side, my hair has never thinned or turned grey. For that I'm thankful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2017 10:31AM by cludgie.

Posted by: invictus ( )
Date: January 20, 2017 11:23AM

I'll admit a tidy goatee (sp?) is kind of a turn-on to me. But I'm also into older men so maybe that's just part of it.

Freshly trimmed facial hair can be a little.. uncomfortable, in certain situations..

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: January 20, 2017 12:19PM

You're all missing the obvious connection.

Only men with beards need to take pills like that.

Why do you think the clean shaven mormons have so many kids?

I'm clean shaven myself, but neutered so I can't have kids anymore ;^) Shwing!!!

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: January 20, 2017 12:22PM

BY et al had beards and how many kids? I have a beard and have a dozen, though only one wife.

Date: January 20, 2017 04:20PM

BY didn't always have a beard, pictures show him clean shaven, so is his statue on BYU campus.

Besides, it was only after he grew the beard that he would have needed help in that department, and if he had some frontier remedy available, that would explain his prolific litter, post beard growth.

My theory stands firmly erected and shall not bend like a reed the wind until its message has spewed forth over all nations.

Date: January 20, 2017 04:23PM

"My theory stands firmly erected and shall not bend like a reed the wind until its message has spewed forth over all nations".

I figure that will take about 4 hours, maybe less :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.