Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: January 14, 2017 02:55PM

...THINK about doing what most 19-year olds think about doing.

Pine box provided at no-extra-charge...your parent's tithing paid for it already.

Corollary:

Oh & BTW Sisters...Please do everything possible you can do to NOT survive that un-provoked sexual assault. Better dead than damaged goods.

Pine box provided at no-extra-charge...your parent's tithing paid for it already.

WTF??? Where does this mindset come from???

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bettydee ( )
Date: January 14, 2017 04:40PM

It comes from the same small minded idiots who suggest a woman is partially responsible if she is sexually assaulted.
I wonder if they think Elizabeth Smart would be better off dead?
She went on a mission after her horrific ordeal.?

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: January 14, 2017 05:16PM

There's is a TBM cultural myth that a faithful missionary who dies during his/her mission goes straight to the CK. I think this myth feeds into this statement.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: January 14, 2017 05:45PM

First off, it would be nice if Smart disavowed her religion, but she did not. I think she handled her trauma very well, grew past it, and used it to add her perspective to LDS femininity. It may not be what you like, but she made it her own, and appears to have a decent life and a good family of her own.

Regarding coming home in a pine box: It makes me think of the mothers of Spartan warriors, who told their sons to either come back carrying their shields, or carried (dead) upon them. Sometimes women become the most impassioned advocates of the worst parts of a culture.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.