Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: January 13, 2017 05:28PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: January 14, 2017 07:07AM

Almost sounds like you're a paid shill for them.

'5 weird tricks to lose weight (#3 will AMAZE you!)'

Etc...

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: January 14, 2017 04:03PM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 14, 2017 05:43PM

I'm underwhelmed by the site. Yes, it is pretty good at finding immediate family members along with one's address history within a given state. There are other sites that do the same. But I don't see how it is much help with actual genealogy. Perhaps other people have a different experience.

Posted by: Like My Privacy ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 04:14AM

This is not a legitimate site. They take the genealogy information you submit and sell the data. Thanks to the poster who described the opt out procedure. My patients don't need to know where I live or who is in my family.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 05:33AM

What bothers me about it is that the information is free. Most of those types of sites require you to pay before you get the information. Moreover, it had me linked with my husband's vile TBM ex wife and the rest of her family. I have never laid eyes on that woman and would not want to be associated with her.

And yes, it is very creepy that the site had my addresses from the past twenty years or so, as well as my aliases and even a name that shows up by mistake on a credit report due to a typo on a student loan check I got in 2000 or so. I opted out.

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 01:04PM

Meh, it did have several past addresses for me even though I have only moved once in the past two decades. Also linked me to my wife's old ex whom I've never met, I suppose just following public marriage records. Otherwise not too bad or intrusive if you ask me.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 06:17PM

Creepy. It's got all my kids and their addresses and stuff.

Posted by: Opt Out Directions ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 06:30PM

This morning, Jan 15, 2017, I saw a discussion regarding this website.

It's important to know what this website is doing with your confidential information.

You can opt out of your personal information being exposed on this website, but you have to do a few things:

1) Go to: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-and-friends/index.html

2) Scroll down until you find the Jan 14th article: "How to stop this 'genealogy' website from sharing your info.

3) Click on the informational, short video and follow the directions as given. BTW, it's simple.

I did it this morning. I was aghast at how much information they had on me. Hopefully, tomorrow when I check I should no longer be found on this website.

Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 12:23AM

Where's the Confirm button and opt-out buttons!!?? I couldn't find them on that website@

Date: January 16, 2017 01:23AM

Directions:

1) Go to: FamilyTreeNow.com

2) Type in your name: Last Name, First name and state

3) Hit SEARCH

4) Find Your name

5) Scroll to bottom where there is the PRIVACY blue colored link and click on it. It's where you see: home - my tree- about us- terms - PRIVACY - contact us - join - sign in

6) Under the section: "I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT" go to the paragraph "OPT OUT of LIVING PEOPLE RECORDS. Click on the blue link: "opt out here."

7) Click the box: "I'm not a robot"

8) It will have a few pictures and your need to identify the ones as the direction suggests: Select .....

9) When you pass the silly test it will let you know with a green check mark: I'm not a robot.

10) Click the green button: Begin Opt Out Procedure

11) It will have a screen called "Search Records". Fill in your information.

12) Hit the green search button.

13) Hit the line "living people records"

14) You will see the red box labeled "Opt out this record". Click it and you are done.

----

Check back in 24-48 hours to make sure your name has been removed.

Date: January 16, 2017 10:30AM

Hey folks, I've been anonymous for these past few posts.

UPDATE: I checked this website this morning and indeed, 24 hours after I opted out, my name and information is no longer visible.

Posted by: summer kites ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 10:30AM

I have Malignant Narcissists in my extended family that, for safety reasons, don't know my current address. But it was listed on that website. A few days ago I opted out and my name along with my spouse's name are no longer listed. I just hope our information was removed before any of the family members heard about that website and looked us up.

Posted by: NYCGal ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 10:58AM

Thanks for posting. I've opted out and am sending the link to others.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.