Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Annon ( )
Date: January 13, 2017 03:31PM

I resigned almost 2 years ago. My sister has been thinking about leaving since then but her husband is very tbm and she couldn't do it. Until Sunday when everything finally boiled over and she will not be going back! I am very happy for her, but I also know that this will be a very had year for her too. She is not sure if her dh will stay with her now she is no longer committed to the lds. She is going between the emotions of feeling relief and giddiness from leaving to anger at the church and fear that she did the wrong thing to every other emotion inbetween. I live several states away. She has no true friends in the church. The rest of my family is 12+ hrs away and her in laws are super tbm and will most likely disown her once they find out. Is there a support group of Exmo's in the Logan area? I told her about this site and told her to watch Mormon stories on YouTube. I also told her she doesn't have to talk to her bishop or stake president if she doesn't want to. She wants to save her marriage, they've been married almost 25 years and have 4 kids, but she is not sure what to do now. She can't keep pretending and going to church when she disagrees with everything about it, but her dh will be getting a lot of pressure to leave if she doesn't come back. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: January 13, 2017 03:37PM

She's close to Logan, I believe. Poopstone? Still in southern Idaho? Look up Susieq#1's testimony (pun intended), who has a long memoir on exiting LDS and still maintaining a marriage with a TBM.

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: January 13, 2017 03:43PM

I live in the Logan area, and I have a similar situation. I told my dh last March that I don't believe anymore, and stopped attending in June. He is also very TBM, and now more than ever. We are trying to work through our differences.

She might enjoy attending Cache Valley Oasis, we meet twice a month in Logan. She can look it up on face book. The next meeting is Jan 22. I have just been a few times. They have something similar to TED talks, and nice music, and refreshments. It is not religious at all, nor do they bash religions. Afterward, while eating refreshments, people often talk about their experiences leaving the church. It's very comforting. John Dehlin and family are sometimes there.

I would also be happy to talk to her if she would like. I don't know how to get personal information out here, I don't want to completely out myself. Please just tell her that I feel for her, it's so hard!

Posted by: Annon ( )
Date: January 13, 2017 07:42PM

Thank you! I will tell her about the Cache Valley Oasis, hopefully she will go and be able to meet up with you there somehow. It would be funny if you were both from the same ward!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.