Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: January 12, 2017 07:01PM

this?

Whoever the actor playing Lucifer in the Mormon temple movie or in the live endowment must feel the Holy Ghost while literally "performing" the key role in the endowment.

So how does the Holy Ghost prompt the actor to feel the malevolence and darkest evil without feeling it Him(Her)self and by so doing subject the actor to the seduction of Satan his self.

OMG what it the actor playing Lucifer actually went to the dark side on the spot and became truly possessed? Who would the production crew call for help? Well, the Ghostbusters, who else?

And does the Holy Ghost think it's kinky to get into all that Lucifer Goosyfer stuff in the first place?

When you think about this, the Sacred Grove was nothing more than a Mixed Marshall Arts venue where Satan was tag teamed out by Elohim and Joseph Smith. Wish I had a ticket to that one!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen nli ( )
Date: January 12, 2017 07:37PM

Can you imagine tryouts for the Satan part?

"Sorry brother Fenwiggle, you just aren't Satan-y enough!"

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 12, 2017 08:06PM

You've heard of method acting. The temple play is Methodist acting.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: January 12, 2017 09:47PM

Yeah, the temple is the most sacred place in Mormonism.

And they have the devil there!!!

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: January 12, 2017 11:54PM

When I was in the MTC, one of the missionaries I knew said that she had just gone to a fireside a few months earlier, given by the actor who played Satan in the temple movie. He said that prior to the filming, he prayed to get a glimpse of Satan and hell, so that he would be able to portray Satan accurately in the movie. He told those in attendance at the fireside that if they had seen what he'd seen, they would live every day close to the Lord. That the power of Satan was real and terrifying and that he hoped they never experienced what he did when the Lord answered his prayer to really experience Satan. I am pretty sure it was Michael Ballam who gave the fireside, which explains why his Satan was particularly creepy.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 13, 2017 12:18AM

That's one of the reasons I hate the Mormon subculture, right there. Some jackass claims to have peeped into the bowels of Hell and is all preachy about it. What a corn dodger!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 13, 2017 12:31AM

more like a corn promoter.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: January 13, 2017 12:36AM

Yeah, using whatever imagination to bolster his fireside talks, making a huge impression on young minds. I mean, it's been a couple decades since I was in the MTC and I still remember a story about a fireside I didn't even attend. Who knows how far this nonsense has traveled?

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: January 13, 2017 07:57AM

Wait, I'm confused. I thought the Mormons didn't have the
concept of being sent to Hell. I thought Mormons had the
"spirit prison" followed by one of the "Three Degrees of
Glory." I thought that the concept of being sent to Hell was an
old sectarian notion (except that it's in the Book of Mormon).

Posted by: Pariah ( )
Date: January 13, 2017 03:35AM

Yes, and the actor who played Christ drifted away from the church, and started smoking and drinking, and 5 years later this same actor was chosen to play Satan....

...oops, wrong story.

Posted by: loislane ( )
Date: January 13, 2017 05:52AM

brian Mitchell, the man who kidnapped Elizabeth Smart, played the role of Satan in the temple ceremony for a while.

He took his assignment very seriously and read all he could about Satan and Satan worshipping.

Don't know what factor all this played in the man he eventually became.

Lois

Posted by: ericka ( )
Date: January 13, 2017 11:10AM

Going to the temple was extremely boring to me. I thought it was silly and weird. I had a difficult time believing a lot of what was going on in there. Those little old people should have been playing with their grandkids, not watching Satan movies.

I loved it when Michael Ballam was Satan. He did a good job. I thought he was pretty hilarious. I don't know how he did that part without laughing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.