Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: 64monkey ( )
Date: January 10, 2017 03:51PM

I've been telling my TBM sister the GA's don't pay tithing. Am I correct? And if they don't why not is her question.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: January 10, 2017 04:22PM

As someone said in a previous thread today, that's why it's called a living allowance, not an income. So they don't declare it as income to the IRS and pay tax, and don't declare it to the church and pay tithing. It is to differentiate between the rank and file (who have real jobs) and GA's who get an "allowance." So no salaried GA's pays tithing.

It's all legal in America but of course its is all a game of semantics that isn't fair when held up to what's honest.

Posted by: Mr. Happy ( )
Date: January 10, 2017 08:42PM

According to the leaked check stubs of Henry B. Eyring, he paid tithing AND had Federal and State tax dollars withheld.

It is my understanding that G.A.'s paying tithing is optional. Apparently Eyring paid it. And paid his taxes.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 10, 2017 09:14PM

I've been told (not sure about the reliability of the source) that GAs don't pay tithing on their "stipend" or anything else they get from the church, but most (but not all) do pay tithing on any other income. Some still own businesses, or hold stock, or have other investments that bring in money apart from what the church gives 'em.

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: January 10, 2017 06:36PM

I've read somewhere that GA's do not pay tithing, but the members' tithing definitely pays their penthouse rent (from what I read)!

Posted by: just sayin ( )
Date: January 10, 2017 07:04PM

I'm going O/T here, but I have to.

I hope that some how, some way, this information infects bishop's brain before he tells some poor person to starve their family in order to tithe.

What could be more un-christ-like, or more against "one of god's own?"

If this is not a seed of doubt that the leaders have nothing to say about "the christ," I don't know what is.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: January 10, 2017 10:27PM

Most GAs probably have been through the Second Annointing ceremony. As long as they don't kill someone or aposticise, they're guaranteed to go to the highest level of the celestial kingdom, to become gods of other worlds, and to create an eternal line of offspring. At least that is what the theology says. With that kind of guarantee, you would no longer need to pay tithing. You could even take up smoking and drinking if you wanted to.

Posted by: yamsi ( )
Date: January 11, 2017 08:15PM

Who would be in charge of the GAs tithing settlement?

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: January 12, 2017 01:05AM

If A GA admits that he doesn't pay tithing, would his temple recommend be taken from him? Who would be taking it from him?

Posted by: Mr. Happy ( )
Date: January 12, 2017 01:12AM

yamsi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who would be in charge of the GAs tithing settlement?

I suppose the Bishop of the ward he is in.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: January 12, 2017 12:58AM

64monkey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been telling my TBM sister the GA's don't pay
> tithing. Am I correct? And if they don't why not
> is her question.

Why not? Simple. Because they receive tithing! Some call it HUSH MONEY. "Comforts of the spirit of ignorance" if you ask me (you can quote me on that if you like.

They don't INCREASE. That's why. They DECREASE! They have nothing to offer so they offer nothing.

In Mormonism, no matter what the LDSpeak says, TITHING IS NOT VOLUNTARY! If it was, the members would offer freely, instead of having it beat out of (or into) them.

Hope this helps.

P.S.- They are propped up by tscc, which is propped up by the members. If they were to pay tithing, it would just go right back to tscc. Double tithes, which lds likes! Loves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2017 01:09AM by readwrite.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.