Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 01:03AM

I think I should first say that I am a conservative and always liked Beck. I haven't watch him for awhile but I know he has become very popular and very hated. I was in Target today in my favorite section-books! I saw Becks crying face on the cover of one and picked it up. It's Tears of a Clown" by Dana Milbanks. I looked at the table of contents and chapter 3 is White Horse Prophsey. i know that's been talked about on this board,but I had never heard of it before.Is it a joke? Give me some more info about it please. Is it a mormon thing? Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tiff ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 01:06AM

What I've heard about tis, via a NPR article, is that the prophecy basically talks about Mormons saving the country. Supposedly, the "Constitution will be hanging by a thread" and Mormons take over (a littler iffy on the details here) and save the country.

I do know the article said that less than 5% of members know about the prophecy.

I'll see if I can find a link to the story to post.

*Edit* here you go. http://www.npr.org/tablet/#story/?storyId=130470858

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2010 01:07AM by tiff.

Posted by: Nina ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 01:59AM

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 02:13AM

These men certainly are narsasists aren't they? The mormons to the resuce. Thanks for the links.

Posted by: stationarytraveler ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 02:18AM

the elders will NOT save the Constitution. Please folks, who in the hell do these people think they are? Who's gonna do it? Romney? Hatch? Reid? Leavitt?

Another myth just like the trip back to Missouri or the 3 Nephites meandering about. Gimme a break. Let's not forget the fellow in the BOM that got his head chopped off and was gasping for air. Hahahahaha!!!! That's a good one.

ST

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 10:02AM

Last Saturday evening as we listened to Tal Bachmann speak. They were very real. And they all liked red wine.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 03:21AM

And yes, the White Horse Prophesy was mentioned. Milbank mentioned how Beck "spoke in code words" to other Mormons, particularly regarding the "end times."

He also--I think erroneously--tied in Beck's "recovery" from alcoholism and cocaine addiction (I use the term recovery loosely), a disclosure that prompted me to send a long e-mail to the show (had it been on Chris Matthews' "Hardball," I would've sent it directly to Chris) detailing how Beck does not in any way represent orthodox 12-Step recovery (with its emphasis on a personal, private relationship with a High Power of an individual's own choosing and definition in addition to relying on a support group to combat "stinkin' thinkin'" and develop new, sobriety-based behaviors). Too, his "anonymity break" is at odds with the very principles on which 12-Step Recovery was founded.

Anyway, I'll post a vid cap of the segment when it becomes available (it wasn't, and that assumes, of course that ADMIN will permit this thread to continue even though it walks along the edge of politics).

BTW, loveskids, the "White Horse Prophesy" isn't the only bit of Mormon crapola the Beckster is hyping. He put in a plug for "The Lost Civilizations of North America" not long ago (the only show of his I ever sat through all the way), which is a DVD Rodney Meldrum is hyping--along with Wayne May--that purports to tell of extensive Old World/New World contacts before 1492. I dropped in on a screening of this last spring, and it was pure tinfoil hat stuff... Here's a link that's still around to a review of mine of some of that material...

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,15396,15406#msg-15406

Beck obviously believes this nonsense...

And here's one in need of a big-time bullchip warning...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/20/glenn-beck-joins-the-rank_n_770331.html

Note the Revisionist History; at least we can take some comfort that Beck is aware that the earth is round...

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: October 24, 2010 05:47AM

As I noted above, it appeared on Lawrence O'Donnell's "The Last Word" last Wedenesday's program...

http://rackjite.com/archives/5783-Former-Liberal-radio-host-Crying-Glenn-Beck-follows-the-money.html

Milbank mentions that it is "an obscure Mormon prophesy" that has been kicking around for 150 years...

Posted by: top cat ( )
Date: October 24, 2010 01:49PM

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 24, 2010 04:16PM

The Mormons have helped tear down the Constitution. They supported the Bush Administration even after they did in habius corpus and the fourth amendment with The Patriot Act. Harry Reid is a Mormon and has been a major player in helping Obama flank the Constitution and bring the country closer to being a fascist dictatorship.

The people who are standing up and calling the hypocrites out are people like Howard Stern. The Mormons don't have the balls to stand up to anything. They will bend over just like they did for Hitler ratting out any members working in the resistance just so the organization won't get in trouble. The Mormons will kiss the butt of who's in power to save the organization and will rat any member out to save the organization.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 24, 2010 04:22PM

Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin hijacked the Tea Party movement and brought it into the Republican Party. For the Tea Party to have been successful, it needed credability with the independant voters and moderate Democrats. Having a fruit nut like Glenn Beck endorsing it scares the moderates away and ruins the movement. Hell, I wouldn't be suprised if Glenn Beck is on George Soro's payroll because he's done a ton of damage to the Tea Party.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.