Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 12, 2016 06:17PM

From my dear wife and I, we would like to wish all of you a very Merry "holiday of your choosing".

Ron & Merna Burr

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Princess Telestia ( )
Date: December 12, 2016 06:20PM

Thanks can it be a made up holiday? Like Happy Day of the Celestial Pizza Roll day?

Date: December 12, 2016 06:48PM

You betcha! Whatever floats yer boat!

Posted by: Princess Telestia ( )
Date: December 12, 2016 07:15PM

From yours sincerely the Princess of Darkness,
Princess Telestia

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: December 12, 2016 06:23PM

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: December 12, 2016 07:17PM

Merry Christmas Ron and Merna!

If I hear "Smithmas" one more time, I'll know I'm not dreaming, my computer's tuned into Rfm.

Joseph Ho Smith can have his Smithmas. I'll keep Christmas and Happy Hannukah too.

https://youtu.be/Rd1Pyu9_rxo

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: December 12, 2016 07:42PM

It is Happy last day of class, oh shit the finals start on Wednesday day.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: December 12, 2016 08:11PM

Tomorrow's the super moon. You might want to crack the libations a little early.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: December 12, 2016 08:16PM

For Merna--Merry Christmas! Thanks for sharing your wonderful husband with us! Joy, happiness, and health for you and your family!

For Ron--Boner Greetings! I love you you old Reprobate! You're the best fucking bishop a guy like me could ask for! I'm dedicating my next beer to your health!

Date: December 12, 2016 08:27PM

Squatters' Chasing Dog Tail Pale Ale--here's to my friend and Bro, Ron Burr, in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada! One of the most honest, down to earth, funny, warm, caring, no-bullshit dudes that I am proud to call my friend. Would there be many more Rons and Mernas in our lives! May the Burr family have joy, health, and happiness the coming holiday season and a wonderful New Year! Cheers to Ron, the truly fucking awesome Roprobate!

Date: December 12, 2016 08:55PM

Thanks, my brother. We just went through a 75 minute power outage here. Outside temp is -16 C (4 F) and we went dark at 5:30 PM. Glad I had dinner warmed up. 2 trips to the breaker on the pole in the middle of our farmyard and a call to the Fortus trouble line and then waiting. Glad I built a well insulated home as it only cooled off about 1 degree C. But I was getting bored. I think this calls for a drink. Maybe some Crown Royal Black.

RB

Date: December 12, 2016 09:02PM

Ron, the drink is truly needed to warm your spirit and body. It's cold here in Northern Utah (about 30, -1 c). It's not like Southern Alberta cold, but for me, I'm freezing my ass off. I've been spooning with the dog to stay warm. So, one round may not be enough to sustain life and good humor. Have a couple and cuddle up with the Mrs. You've GOT to set a standard high for me!

Date: December 12, 2016 10:26PM

Are you in SLC or further north?

Date: December 12, 2016 10:48PM

SLC--the winter inversion capital of Utah.

Date: December 13, 2016 11:28AM

Got it. I experienced that in 1967 on a weekend away from Ricks.

RB

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: December 12, 2016 09:08PM

From "Lethbridge Reprobate", "From my dear wife and I, we would like to wish all of you a very Merry "holiday of your choosing".

Thank you very much. In our family, we choose "Christmas". A nativity "set" on the piano top; and on the porch, hand-made 3ft. tall candles with a light bulb at the top of each as the "flame", with a sign across the center which says, "NOEL". (We left Xmas trees behind decades ago.)

I sure don't want to make those without family this year feel sad, but (if one is so inclined), do consider some specific Christmas decoration which shows the reason Christians celebrate this happy season. I hope it will help build joy inside your heart.

Date: December 12, 2016 10:11PM

It's Merry Christmas" around here too...with a nativity scene on the mantle and some lights and color in the room.
And thank you for your warm words.

RB

Posted by: Zoe ( )
Date: December 14, 2016 11:42PM

OH goodness, I went to Starbucks/San Jose, California and wished them a Merry Christmas, got a lecture and frowns. What happened to the fun? I'm saying Merry Christmas and I don't want to trigger off your brain. I love Christmas so much! Merry Chocolates Everyone. Big smiles! Z

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: December 12, 2016 10:56PM

Hyvää joulua, Fröiliken jul, Joyeux Noël, Fröhliche Weihnachten, Καλά Χριστούγεννα, Mele Kalikimaka, Meri Kirihimete, God jul, Blīþe Crīstesmæsse, En frehlicher Grischtdaag, Wesołych świąt, С Рождеством Христовым, Blythe yuil, Krismasi Njema, Glædelig jul, Wanikiya tonpi wowiyuskin, Glad jul, Blīþe gēol!

In other words, Happy _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _! and Merry *********! to you and Merna, from a few of my relatives and ancestors.

And to everyone else, as well!

(Autocorrect does not like these at all....)

Date: December 12, 2016 11:26PM

"Hyvää joulua, Fröiliken jul, Joyeux Noël, Fröhliche Weihnachten, Καλά Χριστούγεννα, Mele Kalikimaka, Meri Kirihimete, God jul, Blīþe Crīstesmæsse, En frehlicher Grischtdaag, Wesołych świąt, С Рождеством Христовым, Blythe yuil, Krismasi Njema, Glædelig jul, Wanikiya tonpi wowiyuskin, Glad jul, Blīþe gēol!"

Easy for YOU to say...

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: December 13, 2016 09:38AM

LOL.

Well, there are a few that I would feel really nervous about saying out loud in front of people who spoke the languages from birth. At least until after I heard them say it first....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2016 09:39AM by peculiargifts.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 12, 2016 11:41PM

festivus ?

Date: December 13, 2016 12:01PM

I had a festivus problem a while back. But a quick pluck with the tweezers, a little ointment, and it cleared right up.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: December 13, 2016 12:57AM

Maerry blanking Christmas, HAPPY flipping HOLIDAYS, Seasons appropriate Greetings and all that good stuff y'all in the Celsius cold, in the Fahrenheit cold, snow, rain, or warmth, whatever you're doing in front of the fire, TV, computer, mirror or wherever you find yourself reading this.

The best in everything-
Tonight and always...

M@t

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: December 13, 2016 05:44AM

Festivus for the rest of us! Lololol
Everyone has to sit around and tell how the others have bugged the crap out of them in the past year! Then you have to wrestle with each other. Isn't there a fesivus pole?

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: December 13, 2016 08:36AM

Joyeux Noël, Ron & Merna - and all the other RfMers.

Tom in Paris

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: December 13, 2016 11:13AM

It's Merry Hitchmas for me. Don't judge! Hey there's even a website for Hitchmas but that's over the top for me.

I still can take the good of the hope for better future from a beautiful Nativity scene.

Here a shot of JW black to ya Ron. My aging bones are hating the cold. As I'm freezing my ass off here in Colorado I can always remember,the Reprobate has it worse. Nothing warms the soul more than thinking someone is more miserable than yourself. : )

Date: December 13, 2016 11:29AM

My hands have been aching like a bitch since this cold snap hit. Golden years my ass!!

RB

ps: -19 F with a -31 F wind chill here this morning....and bright sun.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: December 13, 2016 02:02PM

Thanks. And a Merry Yule to you too.

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: December 13, 2016 09:58PM

Merry Midwinter!

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: December 14, 2016 01:00AM

It's Merry Christmas. You don't have to say Happy Holidays any more. Now that the liberal left is no longer in power and political correctness has been banished - at least for now - you don't have to be ashamed to use a Christian oriented term, even though it's only being used culturally, not necessarily religiously. It's Merry Christmas again. And what if you're not a Christian? It's only an American holiday... get over it.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: December 14, 2016 12:02PM

ALL holidays matter!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.