Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 12:11AM

I don't get the getting "last minute instructions" bit. What would be the point of getting instructions right before birth if the are just going to forget it all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NINA ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 12:13AM

Getting 'last instructions before saying goodbye'. It's so sad to have believed so many foolish things while I ws a member.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 09:31AM

I've heard that before.

I also wonder if the Morgbots are thinking: "ah that baby knows that snowball is an apostate. That's why she's crying."

Posted by: darkprincess ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 10:31AM

When DD was a baby we visited Grandma at her work, DI. Her co-workers started talking to DD and saying in the cutesy baby voice, "OWWW you can still remember our HF can't you, What does he look like. YOu are so preciouse." etc ad naseum. My mother saw how annoyed I was and picked her up and told her co-workers "well we better be going now" and walked out of the room.
I am sure she believed the same thing, but I was very happy she knew how inappropriate it was to do this to a non-practicing family.
By the way, they all knew I was a nonbeliever, they just couldn't help themselves.

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 11:15AM

Heh they beleve the same about the desabled to a point.

I often wonderd what the wheelchair bound boy who wasnt even able to communicate was thinking about the way he was treated.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 12:19PM

Posted by: Freevolved ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 01:04PM

I would need "last minute instructions" if I were those kids and had to deal with those crack jobs...nuff said

Posted by: D the non-religious ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 03:39PM

Wow, more fun make believe coming from the members of TSCC. I wonder how long it will be before some yawhoo, teaches this in a class and someone testifies that they now it is true.

Soon there might be an new doctrinal line of: Babies are trans-dimensonial beings, capable of Astral Projection (my nod to Dr. Strange) to communicate with Sky Daddy.

Posted by: lily ( )
Date: October 23, 2010 04:38PM

It's so much magical thinking. And all these silly beliefs make them feel like they really are special.

It's so sad.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.