Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: December 10, 2016 05:34AM

http://digitalcommons.usu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1021&context=imwjournal
-----

Related thread:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,451994

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2016 05:41AM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: December 10, 2016 06:57AM

Mormonism produces sluggishness. No spines/ backbones do it too. The former produces the later.

It's the appearance, after all, they are after. "Emblems" are for show... and what a boring, shiFty (no) show it is... fool of commercials!

Put them all in unicorns/ uniforms and the appearance of evil goes away. DI over GQ. GQ (general quotent) over personality. Strip them of their individuality and they'll stay in their boxes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2016 06:59AM by readwrite.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: December 10, 2016 04:50PM

So, let's call the white shirtS wHAT they really are--Mormon Priesthood VESTMENTS.

Posted by: behindcurtain ( )
Date: December 11, 2016 01:43PM

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 05:11AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2018 05:12AM by Soft Machine.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: December 11, 2016 04:49PM

They can have their read WHITE and blue shirts - and their assumptions that color, and size, and judgement matters.

They want pretenders (for their pretend 'faith'). They can't make a man white but hope to persuade some to wear a white shirt, in the hopes it will make them feel better [more uncomfortable].

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: December 11, 2016 06:02PM

...that the Democrats are going to run Al Franken and Jill Stein for president and VP in 2020? It will be the Franken/Stein ticket. That will be MONSTER!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 09:03AM

Have you heard that the idiot Jill Stein is a monster ?

Keep on having those republicommie wet dreams.

How's that putin working out for you ?

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: December 11, 2016 10:58PM

Men's fashions are all about dominance, power, prestige and authority. Mormons want people to think they have the ticket to wealth and success. They don't of course -- but that's the image they want to project.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 12:27AM

Any non-white shirt males will be mailed a ticket to lick it - and stick it! Up (you know where)! In their overwear. 'This is a good place for a stickup'!

Mormonism has no taste, or tact, or morals… not to mention morale.

It all starts with free agency… or lack thereof.

M@t

Posted by: hgc2 ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 12:49AM

I have always been intrigued by the white shirt phenomenon. I never read or heard from a general authority that it was a requirement.

I was serving as a counselor to a young bishop who was a "dress for success" oriented individual. He liked colored shirts and ties were optional. Then a new bishop was called and I was asked to continue as a counselor. The new bishop was adamant we wear white shirts and dark ties. To everything.

When a missionary I heard a sacrament meeting talk by an older missionary who was serving as branch president. The whole talk was about the use of the "right hand".

Finally, I had a bishop that was a stickler on the sacrament prayer - it had to be letter perfect. He made the priest's repeat it so many times to get it just right that it became quite a distraction.

I thought it was all rather ridiculous. Maybe that was what led me out of the Church?

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 03:41AM

Fascinating read and research paper. Merci for posting.

I particularly enjoyed the ending sentence of the research paper after the paper presented a history of mores involved in the LDS Church's observance of the Lord's Supper, or the passing of the Sacrament.

It reads:

"Instead, leaders called on deacons only to be neat, clean, and "appear manly" for the sacrament." - cited from Progress of the Church". (January, l941)

Now I am curious if this admonition of "appearing manly" continues to be taught in these same words to the youth?

The MormonCult, if good for anything, is often good for a hearty laugh!

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 11:20AM

The term "manly" has changed meaning over the years. A couple of
generations ago, during an era of strictly defined gender roles,
it meant a standup-guy who did his societal duty. Now it tends
to mean "overflowing with testosterone."

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 12:28PM

Not ironic at all that the picture of the author of that piece shows him wearing the mormon "uniform" -- white shirt, dark suit & tie.

No, not ironic at all :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.