Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: December 08, 2016 12:06AM

Does anyone know if the brain surgery on cludgie's son happened or if it had to be rescheduled again?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: un'amica ( )
Date: December 08, 2016 04:07AM

The surgery was done yesterday, he says it went well, but I have no further details for now. I am sure cludgie will update here as soon as he can.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 08, 2016 08:18AM

We're all sending good thoughts and warm wishes.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: December 08, 2016 09:13AM

From what I can gather, knowing the possible outcomes that they were told to expect, they had an excellent outcome. He seems to have good mobility/dexterity in his hand (his artist hand) and sounds like they got most of the tumor. He posted several things on Facebook and all very positive. Also posted a picture of his son with a big smile on his face and said he was in really good spirits.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 11, 2016 08:15AM

It did go well, thanks. He was alert and talkative right afterwards. The next day he was up and walking. He couldn't read or write and had speech issues, but was better the next day. We brought him home yesterday. He had to climb three flights of stairs to the 4th floor, but did okay. Now he's back to reading and texting in both English and Italian.

Posted by: Haeckel ( )
Date: December 11, 2016 09:13AM

If I can do anything for you or your son, do let me know; I'm not too far away on the G-train.

I'm glad he's doing well.

Date: December 11, 2016 10:36AM

I still plan to meet you. I have to go to Home Depot this very day. How do I contact you? Eric or others, can you pass him my E-mail address?

Posted by: Haeckel ( )
Date: December 11, 2016 02:25PM

Cludgie, you can reach me at phred_nyc@hotmail.com. Am going into Manhattan and won't be back until later this evening. Email your cell and I'll text you.

Posted by: Tyrrhenia ( )
Date: December 11, 2016 09:42AM

Good morning, dear cludgie. Thank you for the update here and on the other thread. I find it amazing that he is already home, and that he could climb all those stairs!
I hope everything will continue to go well and improve.
I just spent several hours in the kitchen baking Plaetzchen and Vanillekipferl, oh how I wish I could send you some!

Posted by: edzachery ( )
Date: December 11, 2016 01:38PM

This is good, cludgie. I'm very happy for you and your son...sounds like a great outcome. All the best. -edzachery

Date: December 11, 2016 10:38AM

I put more details on the other thread.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.