Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: December 06, 2016 02:01AM

From the story:
"What many families did not know was that Gillen was a man with a criminal past – a convicted sex offender out of Colorado"

Is this another case of The Corporation not handling a previous incident properly?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Autistic Church ( )
Date: December 06, 2016 03:20AM

“We pray this young woman and her family will be blessed with heaven’s help as they seek to address and heal from this heartbreaking incident." (that you failed to stop with your powers of discernment, you lying, thieving bastards)

"Young Woman"? She is a 10 fukking year old girl. Oh I see, now that she's been raped, she's a woman? This autistic church should be destroyed. You are all accomplices for allowing this to happen.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: December 06, 2016 09:41AM

Consentual adult sex outside of marriage is considered by the church to be next to seriousness to murder. But molesting innocent children seems to be a sin that is quickly ignored or given a pass on by church leaders. Any child molestor should never be trusted around children again.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 06, 2016 10:11AM

I'm sure it IS abhorrent to the Mormon church, just not as abhorrent as associating the name of the church with a sexual abuser. This is why they always hide it under the rug, sometimes threatening the victim or the victim's family. Worst-case scenario was when the church flew a lawyer out to Hancock, MD (or wherever it was) to shut down members from participating in the investigation. Who knew that it was illegal? Mormons.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: December 06, 2016 11:13AM

My brother was in a Ward (Texas) where the Home Teacher would have the little girl sit on his lap during Sacrament Meeting and he would molest her during the meeting. She of course did not want to sit on his lap but her parents made her since he was "their Home Teacher". The Church paid about a million dollars to keep this quiet.

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: December 06, 2016 02:03PM

Is he related to the TV news anchor who happens to work at the very same station?

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 06, 2016 04:12PM

I'm sickened by this story. No mormon should be allowed to take charge of children unless they've had background checks. Mormons tend to throw away all reasonable caution when they deal with other mormons. That's a big mistake.

Do not trust your children with mormon missionaries, mormon home teachers, mormon Sunday School or primary teachers unless someone is checking in on them and they have had official background investigations.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: December 06, 2016 04:47PM

“The accused perpetrator was never employed by the Church in any way. For a time he served as a volunteer "home teacher" in his congregation..."

Now hold on just a doggone minute!

Weasel words--"never employed by the church", "volunteer". B.S.

Am I wrong, or isn't this a "calling"? An assignment? TSCC prides itself on "no paid clergy" and then spins this sick story to say he wasn't an employee. Seriously, WTF?

Granted, a pedophile creep *would* volunteer.

And as more members find out about Joey's escapades in the polygamy department, you have to entertain the thought that somewhere, deep inside the psyche of a creep, "Hey, the Prophet did it, so it must be OK."

Posted by: John Mc ( )
Date: December 06, 2016 04:48PM

I wrote this letter to church authorities and they cancelled this SP's talk. A little victory.

Dear Sirs
I want to draw your attention to a conference being held at Nottingham University by the Mormon Church. This is a Mormon exclusive private youth conference were many hundreds of teenagers come together to be exposed to “Christian” Leadership.
I bring you attention to this conference not because it is held by Mormons but because of the background of one of the guest speakers.
The person in question is XXXXXXXX a senior police officer in the Belfast Harbour Police. The parents of the children exposed to his influence should be made aware that XXXXXXXX has a somewhat dubious past.
Between April 1998 and September 1998 the Sunday World newspaper ran an article on this man. The reporter in question was Chris Moore. The basic details of the story were that when this XXXXXXXX was a police Sergeant and a Bishop of the Mormon Church a young girl approach him to ask advice as she was being abused by her father. XXXXXXXX choose to believe the father and did not report the abuse to any of the official authorities and did not disclose the situation to the police. The girl was continually abused until she was an adult and took her father to court. Her father was given several years in prison and XXXXXXXX was immediately sacked as Bishop of the Mormon church.
During the court case XXXXXXXX took legal action against the Sunday World to suppress his name for the public eye claiming that it endangered his parents lives. This was perjury as XXXXXXXX then a police sergeant fabricated a tissue of lies stating that his family had construed a story that he had emigrated to Canada so that he could secretly pursue a RUC police career was completely false as his own bothers who lived in Northern Ireland had absolutely no knowledge of this fabricated story and XXXXXXXX served in the Shortstrand area of Belfast less that 3 miles from his parents’ home in Belfast. Prior to the incident with the girl, he arrested an ex-school friend from St Gabriel’s Secondary school Ardoyne. This individual came to his parents’ house looking for XXXXXXXX or his whereabouts. When XXXXXXXX perjured himself in court he clearly knew that the IRA knew who he was and from where he originated, yet he was prepared to lie in court to prevent his name from becoming publicly known.
To assist XXXXXXXX from public scrutiny the RUC arranged for XXXXXXXX to spend a year on assignment lecturing the Canadian police in Canada. Upon his return, he was promoted by the RUC to inspector and he has subsequently achieved a senior position in the Belfast Harbour Police.
XXXXXXXX is complicit in the rape of this young girl, perjury in a court of law, guilty of illegal firearms offences when he gave his brother an illegal pistol and ammunition, lying to the police to achieve monetary advantage when he arranged the hoax that he and his brother was under a specific targeted attack by the IRA in 1985 so that he could effortlessly move from Glengormley to Bangor, that he lied to the police to cover up a motorcycle accident he had because he was neither taxed licensed or insured to drive that motorcycle.
XXXXXXXX is presently the leader of the Mormon church in Northern Ireland and a senior police officer in the Harbour police and he should be neither.
The parents and public should be warned that this man is to speak to hundreds of youth and moves to influence their lives.

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: December 06, 2016 10:25PM

From the news article:

"Gillen is well regarded throughout the local Mormon community.
He was probably the best home teacher we’ve ever had,” said the victim’s father."

Mormons are weird. 1. what does 'best' even mean, in the role of home teacher and 2. why is the father's mind on this AT ALL? Wouldn't any normal (Not Mormon) father be so out of his skull about the violation of his daughter he couldn't associate 'best' with this asshole?!

So messed up. I wish the interviewer had clarified that no one is 'employed' in the church. HF is the hirer, vets everyone and distributes payment ('blessings' for obedience).

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: December 07, 2016 04:54PM

The best home teachers are the ones that don't ever come over to your house.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 06, 2016 11:07PM

In the early seventies my brothers and I hated home teacher visits. We called them them home creatures. Little did we know.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2016 06:07PM by donbagley.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 07, 2016 04:30PM

Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: December 07, 2016 04:45PM

volunteer!??? Isn't it that all males are all home teachers in the morg!???

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 07, 2016 06:06PM

My brother had to fight with my father to get out of home teaching strangers. We'd recently moved, and the stress on Jeff was terrific. He was trying to integrate into a hostile school life. Our father was hired as school superintendent, and he was widely hated. Jeff and I took a lot of flak for our dad. Then the old man tried to force him to spend his evening sitting in stranger's homes. Jeff balked.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2016 06:07PM by donbagley.

Posted by: Topped ( )
Date: December 07, 2016 08:47PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.