Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: raiku ( )
Date: December 06, 2016 01:22AM

Because my standards are higher now, I will not:

1. contribute money to a charity that I don't know how they're spending the money
2. pester neighbors about religion
3. lie about church history
4. accept volunteer jobs in a thankless organization doing meaningless busywork
5. attend hours upon hours of boring, repetitive church
6. dress up in funny, stupid looking costumes and pretend it has meaning
7. ignore and exclude/shun non-members at important family events
8. buy food storage from the same organization that tells me the end of the world is coming and I should buy and store half a basement's worth of food
9. follow unethical leaders who will not cooperate with legal authorities on such matters as honest taxes and murder investigation (Hoffman affair)
10. sing stupid songs about narcissistic leaders
11. put children at risk through unsafe rules and untrained clergymen
12. tell friends I know more about God and the world because I'm a Mormon
13. put up with a patriarchal system that doesn't give women the same leadership roles or spiritual authority as men
14. put up with the poor being told they should tithe instead of the church helping them
15. put up with a dirty church that tells us we need to clean it after the ward contributed tens of thousands of dollars as a group in income
16. put up with a church that takes huge amounts of money in tithing, but gives very little back to the local ward for youth programs, special events, etc.
17. put up with a church that says parents have to support their missionaries, but then takes that money and still expects local members to put up missionaries for room and board in their houses.
etc.

How are your standards higher?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 06, 2016 06:58PM

I will no longer accept people who deceive and gaslight me. As a member I was surrounded with them.

Posted by: Princess Telestia ( )
Date: December 06, 2016 07:22PM

I think they mean "higher" as in you would have to be high on some sort of synthetic brain killing substance to believe this shit.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: December 06, 2016 07:43PM

I will not doubt myself when my belief conflicts with LDS teachings, but will trust in my ability to make decisions based on study and my own sense of right and wrong

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: December 07, 2016 03:52PM

TSCC teaches the world to lower it's standards. I didn't buy it; never married a moron or the CJS (cult of joe smith); didn't dump reality or possibility for the promise of a guilt and tarnish-free trip (and risk falling); wasn't willing to trade outer darkness for inner-BS or to sacrifice happiness for certain misery eternal boredom.

I was high when I was young and wasn't interested in lowering my standards for a known leech of a mind and blood-sucking, low-life dark hole in hell.

A Mormon couldn't come near me without getting higher, happier, and closer to the truth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2016 04:01PM by readwrite.

Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: December 07, 2016 04:15PM

Awesome list!!!

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: December 07, 2016 04:30PM

TSCC says "higher" when they mean "stricter."

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: December 07, 2016 08:40PM

>>buy food storage from the same organization that tells me the
>>end of the world is coming and I should buy and store half a
>>basement's worth of food
I was listening to Glen Beck this morning and I swear every 5 minutes he goes into this food storage sound byte about buying this and that, for the up coming Apocalypse or something that he never really explains?

Today he went off on when he was a little boy, years ago, and his parents were so poor that he had to drink powdered milk. I guess his listeners were suppose to feel sorry from the story...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.