Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 05, 2016 09:04AM

The trick is to give the credit to the god inside you in boasting pridefully and give the credit to yourself in all humility. It is a double stroke for the CEO inside you (Celestial Ego Olympics.)

Example: Thank you Sister Spirituallyfrustated, I know how much it means to you that I was able to fix your dishwasher since your inept and priesthoodly my lesser husband was unable to do it (or his hometeaching) and you don't have the money to pay for either a repair or new one.

God gave us talents and we shouldn't bury them in the ground. God is the reason I'm doing this for you and the reason I can even do this for you. I'm really just a humble hometeacher doing his duty. And when you bare your testimony Fast Sunday please be sure to include how humble I am.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 06, 2016 07:26AM

I'm humbly proud of this post. Thank God I'm an Exmormon. I couldn't handle this truth.

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: December 06, 2016 11:50AM

I'm the most humble person posting here...

Date: December 07, 2016 08:57AM

Boast not of thyself. To be The most humble you don't mention the word itself. You boast in your god and how that god is the driving force in your life for all the humble things you do.

Posted by: Anti-Nehi-lehi ( )
Date: December 06, 2016 01:42PM

It's called "humble bragging." An example: My dear brothers and sisters. I just want to bare my testimony of the restored gospel. Last week when my 6 children and I were serving the homeless in our community .... yada, yada, yada." :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.