Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chris Ralph ( )
Date: December 04, 2016 04:52PM

Some of you may be familiar with the name Ted Ralph. For those who are, you may wish to know that he passed peacefully away yesterday, 3rd December 2016, in Salisbury, England, at the magnificent age of 93, following a brief spell of ill health. All my life he has been my friend and ally as well as my father. He was loved and admired by children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. In short he was a real legend.

Earlier this year he chose to add his voice to mine when I was invited to resign by the Stake President.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXrVxIo6r1Q

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: December 04, 2016 05:09PM

So sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like he is leaving behind a wonderful legacy, and I'm glad to hear that he and you shared such a close relationship!

May he rest in peace.

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: December 04, 2016 05:10PM

Sorry for your loss.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: December 04, 2016 05:28PM

Sorry for your loss, Chris. I recently lost my mother, unexpectedly.

It's been life altering in my life. Be kind to yourself in the upcoming time.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: December 04, 2016 06:03PM

So sorry for your loss.

Good for you that you have many loving memories of your father to carry on his legacy.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 04, 2016 06:23PM

Two honorable men. My condolences for your loss but congratulations on having had such a father and showing comparable character.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 04, 2016 06:24PM

Sorry for your loss. I wonder if he's related to the Ralph family in Raymond, AB?

RB

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: December 04, 2016 06:24PM

Sorry for your loss. He seemed like such a fine fellow.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 04, 2016 06:34PM

I'm sorry for your loss, Chris. It sounds like your dad had a full life.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: December 04, 2016 06:36PM

Sorry for your loss. Even though he is not here, I'm sure his loved ones will keep him alive in their memory.

Posted by: Chris Ralph ( )
Date: December 05, 2016 01:02PM

Thank you for your kind words. He would have been very pleased. There can be no regrets. He lived his life well, and long, reaching the age of 93.

Having lost his father at 10, and mother at 17, he was thrust into a world war, contracted tuberculosis in Algiers at the age of 20, and upon receiving that news resigned himself to having only 12 months to live... but somehow he came through. He survived all these setbacks, and more recently he survived the sorrow of losing Mormonism too. He loved the local Mormon community, but as we all know, you cannot have the community without having the dogma.

He never lost his integrity though, and believed and trusted in truth above all else. He left this sphere with dignity and in peace. His humble but defiant words remain with us:

"If telling the truth is apostasy, then I'm proud to be numbered with the apostates" ~ Ted Ralph June 2016.

Posted by: Tyrrhenia ( )
Date: December 05, 2016 02:39PM

I watched your videos on YouTube months ago. My condolences for your loss, Chris, but good for you, who could have your father for so long!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.