Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: December 03, 2016 10:17AM

A friend of mine lost his keys last night and God helped find them. Not only that, but it was at a strip club and his wife had the other keys. Maybe he was praying extra hard.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: December 03, 2016 10:20AM

Where does his wife keep the other keys when she's stripping?

The mind boggles.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: December 03, 2016 10:28AM

He finds shoes too!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 03, 2016 10:34AM

Right! God manages stuff like that. It's right up there with counting sparrows falling.

If He's not tied up bowling over trailers with tornadoes, maybe between frames he can whip up a few lost keys.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: December 03, 2016 11:20AM

I don't believe God finds the car keys. There's been a few times that there were "earth angels" to pick up the slack, based on personal observation.

Thank heaven for the "earth angels," who are there when you need a helping hand. They may be complete strangers, the neighbor next door, or the person standing in line at the checkout at the supermarket.

You just never know where they might turn up! But when they do, you want to stop and thank heaven and the Universe for putting them in your path.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 03, 2016 05:10PM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You just never know where they might turn up! But
> when they do, you want to stop and thank heaven
> and the Universe for putting them in your path.

No, actually, I don't.
I want to thank the human beings who are kind enough to help out. They merit my thanks -- imaginary heaven and an unaware universe don't.

Posted by: boilerluv ( )
Date: December 03, 2016 12:05PM

God? I always thought it was St. Anthony who finds car keys and/or cell phones or any and all lost objects. I used to say, "Come ON, St. Anthony," when I couldn't find something, but I think there might be an actual prayer to St. Anthony that you are supposed to say in order for him to do his stuff. I never thought God had time for that sort of thing, so every Catholic saint has specific jobs that the Big Guy can't be bothered with. :D

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 03, 2016 03:06PM

does god also find missing socks ?

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: December 03, 2016 03:11PM

Missing socks are God's way of showing his humorous side. They are matchless wonders, with their significant "others" gobbled up inside the black hole of the dryer, never to reappear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2016 03:12PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: December 04, 2016 02:06PM

I've never lost a sock in the dryer - but have lost uncounted numbers in the washing machine. Usually brand new socks on the first washing. The washing machine likes those best.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 03, 2016 04:22PM

And then the Holy Ghost gave him a lap dance.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: December 04, 2016 05:20PM

Locked the key in the car once. FINALLY found a (real) coat hanger at the mall across the parking lot, and eventually got in, and found the punchcode (so it shouldn't matter if I had the key always handy anymore, if I memorized it) card and put it in my wallet [to later be lost].

Two hours later I went into wall$mart. Leaving the store, I unlocked the driver's door with the key, and got into (what I though was) my car. WAIT! I don't drink BIG gulps (in big cups with lids, and a straw), like the one in the console.

I jumped out and shut the door, and walked a couple rows over and got in my car and left.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.