Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 11:03AM

This past weekend, my deceased wife's daughter and family came to get rid of my wife's stuff. Having dinner and I asked my step son in law why he was not teaching the gospel doctrine class anymore. His wife said she was teaching it now.I went very gently as to not to cause waves.

My step son in law is very educated and I guess according to him, that was what they did not want in a gospel doctrine teacher. I said ",oh, so it was the Church correlation stuff that took you out right?" he smiled and we chatted a bit about it. He agreed that the Bishop needed someone to follow the manual word for word.

So they give the calling to his wife. What a slap in the face to him. Now she will never deviate. She is set in her ways. She struggles with men and Priesthood issues deep inside. She is a closet " challenge the Priesthood authority person. She did serve a mission. She is a black and white thinker as the gospel goes.

She said it is now Oct and I have til next August to get ready to be sealed to her mum. I said, "how do you know there are not men on the other side trying to wheel and deal with her? " She looked at me and said "you can fix that, get sealed to her." Anyone in this life know of anyone who was sealed to someone and they feel in love with someone else?" Her reply was that mum knows everything now and how everything fits in place. You have to get your act together here." That answer was priceless as I gagged on my food.

Since my wife has passed I realize that as a Church we know very little about death, about the other side, about eternity. Church leaders say things that do not stand up to critical thinking when it comes to death and dying. We just don't know.

So here is Miss New Sunday School Teacher speaking like an authority.The son in law was not a happy camper when it came to the Bishop.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 04:26PM

I like to think that when it comes to "The Mysteries" that the devil is in the details.

And I sometimes lie awake at night wondering why there is no accepted 'The Gospel According to Satan."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2016 04:26PM by elderolddog.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 04:50PM

SEcular Priest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Since my wife has passed I realize that as a
> Church we know very little about death, about the
> other side, about eternity. Church leaders say
> things that do not stand up to critical thinking
> when it comes to death and dying. We just don't
> know.

Don't feel bad -- nobody else knows anything, either. People make things up, or "believe" what comforts them, but nobody knows. Those who insist they do (like your step-daughter) aren't being honest, and are just being annoying.

I'm sorry for your loss. Hang in there.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 05:19PM

Don't worry, some day you'll die too. Step daughter can then have you sealed to each other. No big rush.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.