Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 08:13PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 08:13PM

Posted by: Elizasnowjob ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 10:20PM

Let the back-peddling commence. "See! We love the gays!!! We've always embraced the gays!"
Their bigotry must be hitting them in the pocketbooks.

Posted by: Ohdeargoodness nli ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 02:13AM

Is this for real? Now I understand how the TBM's felt about the essays appearing on the church website. Surely this must be a hack... so effing weird.

Posted by: edzachery ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 08:11AM

...and I quote...

“There are no homosexual members of the church. We are not defined by sexual attraction. We are not defined by sexual behavior."

-Elder David A. Bednar, Feb. 23, 2016.

So just make a simple decision, tscc hierarchy! Flip a coin if you have to, but just make a decision: are there homosexual members of tscc or not? Eight short months ago, you guys were singing a different tune (see above quote).

What a bunch of asshats.

Posted by: JVN087 ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 11:08AM

"The church is wonderful and God loves me... just as long as I deny myself any physical expression of my desires/love."

I read Josh's story on the website....that is the take away message...

I really feel sorry for him... He will live a celibate life to meet the rules of the church... I hope for his sake he gets away from that mentality, but I would not want to be his boyfriend and have to deal with his guilt and shame resulting in hurt feelings

Posted by: JVN087 ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 11:16AM

Will there be a website for LDS church members who wear clothes of 2 different fabrics...or women who wear make up

Those cotton poly blends are against the word of God

Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.

Leviticus 19:19

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 12:28PM

“There is no change in the Church’s position of what is morally right,” Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 10:30PM

I couldn't help myself. I had to hear what Mr. Pickles had to say. Without knowing the topic was "Gay and Mormon" I wouldn't have had a clue what he was talking about. He doesn't make a single reference to gays, sex, sin, gender, or anything else specific to the topic. I guess he's saying you gay Mormons have to just follow church doctrine for your entire life without any rewards and be assured of joy and exaltation when you are dead. But I couldn't be sure what he was actually saying. One could also infer, since he is talking in such vague terms, that you could use your agency to try living a gay lifestyle believing that God will show you the way whichever way it takes you. I vote for the second inference rather than the first because Bednar is a joke. Take that first step towards the light of being who you were born to be and have faith that God will receive you into his loving arms. That seems far more Christian than what I suppose he's trying to say. However, my strongest advice is to plug your ears whenever Bednar speaks. And his inevitable smirking makes me want to toss my cookies.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.