Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: exmo82 ( )
Date: October 24, 2016 08:39PM

I was sorting though boxes of books in the garage and came across several items from my mission that may be of research value? If you can use any of these items, let me know and I will be happy to mail them to you:

A Marvelous Work And Wonder Softbound - 1971

The Uniform System for Teaching Families - 1972

These items are all 3 holed punched publications that are in a wire clip binder:
Melchizedek Priesthood Handbook - 1975

Suggestions For Elders Quorum Presidencies and Group Leaders - 1972

Priesthood Fellowship Handbook - 1972

Guidelines For Melchizedek Priesthood MIA - 1974

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 24, 2016 09:47PM

Anything having to do with the priesthood prior to 1978 would probably be interesting to historians.

I don't have any details, but I'm aware that UNLV has had a program in place for a few years collecting old mormon texts and lesson books.

Posted by: Bookratt nli ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 05:14PM

Definitely would be of importance to WikiLeaks. Not kidding. They've archived quite a few older Mormon resources.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 06:43PM

https://wikileaks.org/wiki/WikiLeaks:Submissions

"WikiLeaks has a history breaking major stories in every major media outlet and robustly protecting sources and press freedoms. No source has ever been exposed and no material has ever been censored. Since formation in early 2007, WikiLeaks has been victorious over every legal (and illegal) attack, including those from the Pentagon, the Chinese Public Security Bureau, the Former president of Kenya, the Premier of Bermuda, Scientology, the Catholic & Mormon Church, the largest Swiss private bank, and Russian companies. WikiLeaks has released more classified intelligence documents than the rest of the world press combined."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2016 06:43PM by anybody.

Posted by: Princess Telestia ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 05:16PM

I have to ask what in hell's name is "the uniform system for teaching families" it sounds like a brainwashing manual from a cheap dystopian movie.

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: October 26, 2016 11:09AM

"I have to ask what in hell's name is "the uniform system for teaching families" it sounds like a brainwashing manual from a cheap dystopian movie."

It's the missionary discussion manual I used on my mission. I still have my copy. We were supposed to memorize the lessons and present them verbatim to investigators. I would suggest that the OP keep that book or send it to someone who's interested in research.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 05:23PM

My wife saved every piece of morg crap that she could get her hands on. When the time came for me to "clean house" I threw away several big boxes of "sacred" magazines, manuals, books, etc. I didn't donate them to the D.I., they simply went straight to the dump. The only thing I kept was a 1939 copy of the D & C. Why I kept it I don't know. Perhaps someone will know someone who would want those old publications.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: October 25, 2016 06:21PM

If these documents aren't available on-line, it might be a good idea to have them scanned as PDF files and then posted where they'd be available to everyone.

Maybe someone can suggest someone or somewhere it's best to save the files.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.