Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 22, 2016 02:09AM

What would eventually happen if each of us in our various cities put ads on Craigslist, along the lines of...

"want free labor for that chore you've been putting off? Call the mormons! That's right, mormon missionaries are always looking for people who need a helping hand! They call it "doing service." All you have to do is call the local mormon church and leave a message asking for a return call from a missionary. When he calls, invite him over and ask them (they travel in pairs) for a lesson and when they've finished, and try to set a second appointment, tell them about the chore you need to get done before you'll be available. They'll volunteer to help!

When they finish, offer them a beer... Then tell them that you are no longer interested in joining the mormon church because you found out that while they don't practice polygamy, they believe in it!

Eventually they'll catch on, but they will be lots more useful for their two year stints.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: October 22, 2016 02:09PM

I would rather pull weeds all day than sit through one discussion.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: October 22, 2016 07:07PM

Id guess a ton of mishies would be dam glad to get outta tracting...might make it the two best years...cant have that now...can we??

Posted by: mjolnir ( )
Date: October 22, 2016 07:22PM

By the time I hit my last area in Guatemala, I was happy help slaughter hogs I stead of tracting.

Posted by: I'mjustsayin ( )
Date: October 22, 2016 08:26PM

When I was dragging my a** from door to door in Germany 30+ years ago I would have been delighted to do ANYTHING else. Digging ditches, hauling garbage ... Whatever. Anything other than talking religion would have been a pleasure.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: October 22, 2016 08:54PM

Brilliant, EOD.

Come to think of it, the paint on the third-floor balcony's looking pretty shabby. I'd go up there myself except the ladder's kinda rickety...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.