Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nevermo4 ( )
Date: October 21, 2016 03:51PM

Hi there.I am a Nevermo but have always been fascinated by the church so read up on Mormonism most days.

I love this site and watching Mormon documentaries etc.

However,something strange happens me when I eat.

I literally feel physically sick when eating and reading up on Mormonism.

It is like it is so sad and sickening what is going on in terms of the brainwashing.

I have absolutely no personal negative experiences with the church whatsoever.

Anyone have the same sick feeling when eating?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cytokine ( )
Date: October 21, 2016 04:00PM

Suggestions:

Do not keep meat in the fridge for more than three days, or on the counter.

Wash your vegetables thoroughly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2016 04:49PM by cytokine.

Date: October 21, 2016 04:04PM

Hahaha!

My post was actually serious though!

Very weird feeling.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: October 21, 2016 04:10PM

I felt a bit that way in reading Mo scriptures as well as trying to read a Koran given to me by an Egyptian client and who respect for Moism because he believed in having four wives. His wife nodded.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2016 04:10PM by rhgc.

Posted by: cytokine ( )
Date: October 21, 2016 04:48PM

The closest I came to feeling physically ill while reading about Mormonism was when I recognized for the first time that I had worshiped a mass murderer for the first ~30 years of my life:

><><><
3 Behold, that great city Zarahemla have I burned with fire, and the inhabitants thereof.
4 And behold, that great city Moroni have I caused to be sunk in the depths of the sea,
and the inhabitants thereof to be drowned.
5 And behold, that great city Moronihah have I covered with earth, and the inhabitants
thereof, to hide their iniquities and their abominations from before my face, that the
blood of the prophets and the saints shall not come any more unto me against them.
6 And behold, the city of Gilgal have I caused to be sunk, and the inhabitants thereof to
be buried up in the depths of the earth;
><><><

It's not the violence toward families described in these verses that disgusted me (because I knew by that time that the verses were fiction). What disgusted me was that I read the Book of Mormon repeatedly in my first ~30 years of life without my conscience ever being bothered.

Posted by: Shinehahbeam ( )
Date: October 21, 2016 04:21PM

I get that to some extent when reading about some of Joe's and Brigham's "wives"...also when reading about what some of my wife's ancestors went through and gave up because they were duped by Joe.

I get a different kind of sick feeling when I listen to TBM's testify about Joe, get teary-eyed talking about Nephites, etc... I tried playing along for my TBM wife for a while, but this made it impossible.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: October 21, 2016 04:43PM

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: October 21, 2016 04:44PM

DH and I have been very sick--actual hellish nausea--over two of our sons still being TBMs.

And the thought of pioneers walking and dying ...

All of it makes us absolutely and literally sick to our stomachs.

We're sick and we cry.

Date: October 21, 2016 04:56PM

Oh my Goodness Kathleen,my thoughts go out to you.Never give up hope!

It is exactly this kind of stuff,all in the name of a man who was an absolute fraud,that I am talking about.

I was just watching the 'Meet the Mormons' channel 4 documentary while having my dinner but as per usual I literally could not eat it.

It is such a strong sense of nausea I feel towards this cult that it literally makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: October 22, 2016 03:49AM

Thanks, Nevermo4. I won't give up hope.

It's sickening the cheery spin mormons put on their vile history.

When you hear primary children belt out ...

"Pioneer children sang as they walked, and walked, and walked, and waaaaaalked,"

...knowing how brigham young really shat upon pioneers; how he re-routed their rescue party to recover his rusting steam engine--makes me sick.

Check out what historian Will Bagley had to say about "The Trek" if you have a good gastroenterologist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou47dupzoys

And if you want to get sicker still, take a peek at that monster, Orin Porter Rockwell's grave marker denoting him as such a hero!

I'd add that link too, but it won't work. Just google it. No don't.

What's healing is knowing that my boys are smart and they'll figure it out. I won't give up hope for that. When one son's inlaws are spewing church, church, church, he looks at me sideways, and we give each other a wink. There's hope. :)

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 22, 2016 08:19AM

It may be your gut instincts informing you this subject isn't healthy for your digestive system.

Listen to your body talk.

Posted by: quatermass2 ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 11:14AM

I heard many times that the Church has a sort of ban on eating blood-products such as black pudding.

Well, at least that is *one* thing The Church did manage to get right lol.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 12:42PM

That's just the "spirit" letting you know if these things are not true via burning bosom.

Hee hee- that's from a BoM reference that is especially stupid.

Seriously, I get that same kind of sick feeling if I watch something like a documentary on a murder or watch footage about animals being mistreated.

Posted by: Afraid Of Mormons ( )
Date: October 23, 2016 08:36PM

I used to get "temple nausea" every time I went to the temple. Maybe it was the claustrophobia of the windowless rooms, and the feeling of being locked in, with everyone else locked out, being trapped in there without my shoes or clothes on, and unable to run. Anyway, I would have to run to the bathroom several times, each session, and the matrons would hiss at me and scold me, which made me want to run all the more.

It was the creepiest environment I've ever been in.

Check out if you have the flu, or if you've eaten too much spicy food. If not, your body is trying to tell you something!

Evil brings on nausea.

Date: October 24, 2016 12:15PM

Haha,definitely not the flu or nausea,it's a feeling that only comes on when I read up on things like the cult of Mormonism,especially the sadder tales.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.