Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Godzilla ( )
Date: October 21, 2016 12:56PM

After several years working for TSCC, one person that I know has been let go together with other people from his department. The downsize on personnel occurred at the Motion Picture Department about 3 months ago and it was going to be followed by another downsize shortly after.
It makes sense that the church is letting people go and it is a sign it is changing.
Does anyone else know about other cuts going on?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 21, 2016 01:03PM

What ?! Does this suggest No More banal, trite videos (that were tear-jerkers at the time) like 'Man's Search For Happiness'?

IF the ring-leaders behind the curtain at HQ have given up on thAT approach, THIS IS A CHANGE!

(but perhaps this work is being transferred to the Lord's University)

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 21, 2016 01:07PM

Salt Lake City downtown headquarters is going to become a ghost town one day.

I'm not much of a visionary, but while having lunch at the City Creek Mall last May I saw a picture of it in the future as a vacant and desolate, empty structure of what it now is.

That was just the shopping center. Many church offices are inside the same structure. The whole downtown business district will evolve too as the church coffers continue to shrink.

The publicity people boast how well the shopping mall is doing. While I was visiting, there were barely any shoppers at all. At the prices inside, most (regular) people can't afford to go there if they wanted to.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2016 01:12PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: October 21, 2016 02:52PM

"The publicity people boast how well the shopping mall is doing. While I was visiting, there were barely any shoppers at all. At the prices inside, most (regular) people can't afford to go there if they wanted to."

Exactly. High end shops for church poor shoppers. Insiders say that the church offers free rent, or even pay some retailers to operate in City Creek. Since their finances are secret,er, sacred, we'll never know. But when your members all have 5+ kids, and all their time and money goes to the church, they can't patronize the store at God's Mall.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 21, 2016 02:09PM

Does this mean the church will now offer Senior Missionary "opportunities" for Elder Spielberg, Elder Hanks, and Sister Lansing to make LDS movies for free?

Posted by: Shinehahbeam ( )
Date: October 21, 2016 02:29PM

I don't know about now, but I know there was a wave of hiring a few years back in web development, SEO experts, etc... I know a couple guys that relocated to Utah for good paying jobs with TSCC. Both have since left, but it was voluntary...not due to downsizing...though maybe they saw it coming...

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: October 21, 2016 04:05PM

Shinehahbeam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't know about now, but I know there was a
> wave of hiring a few years back in web
> development, SEO experts, etc... I know a couple
> guys that relocated to Utah for good paying jobs
> with TSCC. Both have since left, but it was
> voluntary...not due to downsizing...though maybe
> they saw it coming...

This is true. The brethren panicked when they realized the internet was going to destroy them. So they did everything they could to stave off their annihilation. But slick websites and search engine optimization can't remove the smell.

People don't usually voluntarily leave good jobs. There must be compelling reasons for people to up and leave.

Good luck to the brethren in keeping the scam going.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.