Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Derek ( )
Date: October 06, 2016 04:49PM

Bryan Wright committed suicide in Holladay Utah. This is the truth. His son will be blamed for it unjustly. I work with Bryan at Church HQ.Bryan moved into a planning position that involved dealing with stake presidents who request additions to meetinghouses.He had to take a lot of abuse from these leaders because he could not give them what they want.They all want a legacy by telling everyone that they got a meetinghouse built in their stake. They were ruthless in this pursuit. He told me that it was a rough and thankless assignment.His son said he was helping his dad remove the pain.That pain was inflicted by his job.This pain is real. Your dammed if you do and dammed if you dont.RIP Buddy

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: October 06, 2016 07:01PM

I'm sorry for this situation, but it doesn't sound quite right. Why involve your son in your suicide, especially with a method where you don't need help? That doesn't seem logical. And why would the son be willing to help in such an odd plan.

Posted by: no way out ( )
Date: October 06, 2016 08:17PM

It doesn't sound "right" at all. A loving father would not ask this of his son, knowing the son could spend the rest of his life in prison. A loving son would find an alternative to "assisting a suicide" of such brutality.

I wasn't alone in thinking the older female who urged and manipulated her boyfriend to suicide was guilty of something close to murder. Her only weapons were a phone and words, and she was miles away.

I'm not alone in thinking the words and instructions of the Q make them culpable in the deaths of LGBT people.

I flat out don't buy this guy's story. I'm as close to hatred of my parents as a person can get, and I couldn't put a noose around their necks. No. A reasonable person does not reach for death as a solution to someone's emotional pain. I was horrified when someone close to me committed suicide, almost passed out, and did pass out later.

Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: October 07, 2016 08:23AM

^^^^^^ Interesting and well made points. I see where you are coming from and agree. The boy was/is as messed up as her father. Talk about family dysfunction. (Thank you Cult brain washing.) Still both father and son made decisions and choices long before this final act that made them feel completely boxed in.

They took the "poor victim" role to the extreme. Now their family and friends get to deal with the aftermath. One has to ask, "was anything really gained?"

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 08, 2016 06:21AM

Sounds horrible.

He worked with a bunch of vultures, and it wound up destroying him.

If that's the kind of men who aspire to be stake presidents, and church management. Sick. Sick. Sick.

I can't imagine involving his own son in his suicide either. That sounds preposterous. I wonder if there's more there than meets the eye. The father's dead and can't talk to give his statement.

Makes you wonder. There aren't too many states, if any, where assisted suicide is a defense to homicide. If the kid is more involved than he says he is, such as murder to make it look like an assisted suicide, let's hope the DA does its job to bring it home.

Date: October 08, 2016 08:15AM

The news reports I'm finding are saying Shane tried to strangle &/or choke his dad, before calling paramedics.

Sounds like he may have staged his dad's suicide attempt.

He believed his father was already dead by the time he called 911. He was still breathing, but barely. Kept on life support until he died. Probably brain dead from lack of oxygen by time police and paramedics arrived.

"Dead men don't talk." Let's see if he left a suicide note. I doubt very much he was so suicidal to have his own son help him with a noose. His son looks like he belongs in a psycho ward, from his mug shot. He has the cold icy stare of someone without a conscience.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=41698764&nid=148&title=man-accused-of-choking-father-in-holladay

http://www.sltrib.com/news/4443592-155/utah-man-who-tried-to-strangle

Posted by: non for this ( )
Date: October 10, 2016 10:11PM

I don't appreciate your comment about the "psycho ward". I've been the psychiatric unit and not everyone has no conscience or "looks" like they do.

Some people just look creepy. Some sociopaths look like normal people and have a sparkle in their eye.

I wonder what my eyes would look like if I had a mugshot....not that I intend to find out.

Not too cool to generalize. This is what gets us in trouble with each other.

Date: October 10, 2016 10:15PM

From his mug shot he has a very icy cold stare.

That's what I was referring to. There is no human warmth or emotion showing in his mug shot. Not even fear.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 10, 2016 10:28PM

It is the consensus of my friends and some DAs, or as they've been referred to, "prosecuting DAs", that in the majority of my mug shots I look smarmy. Smarmy is good if you have a lot of women on the jury! At least that's been my experience.

Posted by: non for this ( )
Date: October 10, 2016 11:52PM

It's a mug shot. Inherently cold. Doesn't make him psycho or a murderer. I look like hell in my license shot.

He could be in shock. He could be on drugs. He could be a psychopath. You are saying there is a "look" that belongs in a psycho ward. Maybe he is cold and emotionless, maybe he's guilty, maybe not.

Innocent till proven guilty.

And, in my experience people who are truly suicidal are sick and they do things they would never if they weren't sick. So to to say his father would not have asked him to help is farfetched, you don't know what is going on in someone's mind.

I'm not trying to defend this guy, especially if he is guilty. But you make assumptions and it isn't right. I probably had no emotion when I was in the psychiatric unit. It's called a flat affect, devoid of emotion.

Am I a killer? Not in a million years unless protecting my own.

Date: October 11, 2016 12:21AM

Given what we know of Shane Wright, by his own admission he is guilty at a "minimum" of assisted suicide. That is a charge of murder in most states. It is not legal in Utah.

So even assuming he "assisted his dad" in helping him commit suicide, he's still going to be guilty of murder.

If it's found that he staged his father's suicide and pre-meditated his murder in cold blood, that will carry additional charges. Either way he is by his own admission guilty of murdering his father by either assisting his suicide, or outright murdering him.

So his mug shot is not that of an "innocent man" with a cold stare who isn't photogenic.

You can see it in his eyes, that there was murderous intent with his father's death.

His mug shot isn't really all that different from other deranged psycho killers when it comes to their cold stares. You can see it in Charles Manson's eyes. You could see it in the eyes of the Mormon doctor who almost got away with murdering his wife in Pleasant Grove, Utah (Marvin MacNeill.)

This kid has already made an admission of guilt to homicide. Now it's up to the prosecution to determine what degree he's going to be charged with, and a jury to decide whether he is convicted. Assisted suicide is illegal and considered homicide in and of itself.

If that were all there was to it, that will be the least of his worries.

He was arrested and booked on charges of choking and strangling his father. Not assisting with his suicide.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 08, 2016 10:39AM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Given what we know of Shane Wright, by his own
> admission he is guilty at a "minimum" of assisted
> suicide. That is a charge of murder in most
> states. It is not legal in Utah.
>
> So even assuming he "assisted his dad" in helping
> him commit suicide, he's still going to be guilty
> of murder.

Actually, Utah has no law criminalizing assisted suicide, and is one of three states that both have no criminal code for assisted suicide and have abolished "common law" in regard to assisted suicide.

http://www.euthanasia.com/bystate.html

At any rate, even before the Utah legislature's most recent action, assisted suicide was not murder. Never was.

> If it's found that he staged his father's suicide
> and pre-meditated his murder in cold blood, that
> will carry additional charges. Either way he is by
> his own admission guilty of murdering his father
> by either assisting his suicide, or outright
> murdering him.

If he staged it and murdered him, he's guilty of murder.
If he actually assisted his suicide, he's guilty of nothing.
Right now, given the laws in place, Utah is in "limbo" regarding assisted suicide. No law endorses or allows it, but no law criminalizes it either.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: December 08, 2016 10:51AM

I have known judges and juries to convict innocent people because of their look, rather than examining the physical evidence. I also know where the guilty get away because of their look.

Posted by: itwasnotme ( )
Date: January 05, 2017 02:18PM

Non for this, thank you for your postings. It's been more than three years since I was diagnosed with treatment resistant major depressive disorder. Until then I had not realized how often people use pejoratives to describe those with mental illness and disorders. I don't judge because I have done it too.

Posted by: Someoneclose ( )
Date: August 01, 2017 07:11PM

Thanks.
We are friends. This mugshot is what it is, a mugshot. He is actually a really kind guy but there are a lot of demons in his family's history. I believe he was coerced by his dad to help him in this. I saw first hand, Shane, struggle with his father's mental trouble. Shane didn't always like his dad, but he loved him and wanted him to be okay. I wish he would never have gone back home. He was only there because he wanted to help his dad.

Date: August 01, 2017 07:38PM

He's been criminally charged with willful and intentional murder. He's sitting in jail now for nearly one year because he doesn't have a million dollars to post bail, nor is his family running to his rescue.

He's where he needs to be for the safety of society. I wonder if he foresaw where he was going to be spending his future for committing the crime that he did? He destroyed both his life and his family's - not just his father's.

Date: October 10, 2016 10:51PM

Actually, based on Shane Wright's photo, that is exactly how I'd expect someone to look right after murdering his own father.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2016 10:51PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Psychiatric Nurse ( )
Date: December 08, 2016 01:15AM

Please don't use the term psycho ward. That's like using the "N word" for black people or calling developmentally delayed people "retards".
The majority of patients on most behavioral/mental health units don't fit the Hollywood stereotype of "psycho". Using that term frightens people who need to get help, and also contributes to stigmatization of people who have mental health problems.
For anyone wanting accurate information about mental illness, please google "national alliance for mental illness", also known by the acronym NAMI. They have an excellent focus on making it okay to talk about mental illness.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 08, 2016 08:41AM

I'm not buying the "assisted suicide" story. But the son will get his day in court where a jury can make the call.

I'm sorry that your coworker was in mental distress. Some jobs do put you into abusive situations, but you either have to find a way to shake it off and power through, or find something else. It's a shame that he apparently did not get help for his troubles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2016 08:47AM by summer.

Posted by: Ivan ( )
Date: October 08, 2016 02:55PM

Shane is a dear friend and I can say for certain that he is not a killer. I know him as a gentle, loving person with a giant heart. I am still stunned at the events and we don't have all the information to make any conclusions yet. He had frequent, lengthy phone conversations with his father and spoke lovingly of him just two days before this happened. My heart goes out to him, his family and all else who will be without Bryan now.

Date: October 08, 2016 02:58PM

One thing for sure is he's one very messed up dude.

Posted by: BOB96762 ( )
Date: October 10, 2016 01:58PM

...BUT did anyone see the chargers lose? UFA!!!!!

Date: October 10, 2016 03:04PM

His obituary is now online. For someone who suffered a violent death, may he R.I.P. His son Shane remains in jail, without bail.

BRYAN LARSEN WRIGHT
1963 - 2016 Obituary Condolences

Bryan Larsen Wright, 53, of Holladay, passed away on October 5, 2016.

A viewing will be held on Monday, October 10 from 5:00-9:00 p.m.. Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, October 11 with a viewing at 9:30 am and memorial services will start at 11:00 am. Both events will be held at the Olympus 3rd Ward located at 4100 S. Camille St. in Holladay, Utah. Burial will follow the funeral on Tuesday at Holladay-Cottonwood Memorial Mortuary (4900 S. Memory Lane in Holladay, Utah).

Bryan was born to Van and Betty Wright on June 3,1963. He graduated from the University of Utah with a degree in economics. Bryan was passionate about his lifelong work for the LDS church, and loved helping and serving others. One of the most important things to Bryan was spending time with his family. He loved to travel with his children, play golf and work in the garden.

Bryan Wright is survived by his children: Kyle, Allison, Shane, Hannah and Jacob, as well as his siblings: Stephen, Dennis and Barbara.

Published in Deseret News on Oct. 9, 2016

Posted by: None ( )
Date: October 10, 2016 07:08PM

Bryan would never have asked his son to do this. Yes, he was depressed and needed help, but I know for a fact Bryan would not have asked Shane to do this to him.

Date: October 10, 2016 08:16PM

It doesn't add up.

Since Bryan was divorced with five children, it may be it was a crime of opportunity ie, Shane stood to benefit as a beneficiary of Bryan's life insurance and other estate assets.

Only problem with that muddled thinking if he did it out of greed to acquire his old man's assets (of his pro rata share,) the laws are such that a perpetrator of a homicide does not benefit from the proceeds as a beneficiary. So he will forfeit all.

Once he realizes he's lost everything he stood to gain, he may become as "suicidal" as he ascribed to his old man - and attempt to do himself in - rather than face years in jail for murder. He should be kept on a high suicide watch - let's hope he is. He already knows dead men don't talk, if he planned it that way for his father, he may be planning it for himself.

His father was highly accomplished and a devoted father to his children, based on all accounts of those who knew him.

It would be out of character for him to solicit his son to strangle him and make it look like a suicide.

Posted by: anon4this ( )
Date: October 10, 2016 09:05PM

I don't want to jump to conclusions, I don't know this family, but I can't imagine a divorced tithe-paying low-level administrator for ChurchCorp with 5 kids having a lot of tangible assets, especially after being split 5 ways.

That said, sometimes people in dire straights (kid might have owed someone money??) do really stupid things for a relatively small amount of money.

Date: October 10, 2016 09:52PM

This will all come out at the trial when Shane gets his day in court.

The prosecuting DA will be looking for any evidence linking motive. Usually in family homicides, it has something to do with money and often times life insurance policies are a part of that.

The kid has had no achievements at age 24. He was living at home with his mom or dad, (one of his parents,) and was drifting the past several years from state to state.

It doesn't sound like he had much of an education or vocation beyond high school, and wasn't working at the time he killed his father.

So money may well have been a factor. Maybe he wanted to jump start his lackluster life. His dad worked hard to achieve what success he'd made for himself. He saw a fast track, without foreseeing the repercussions of his actions.

Or it could be possibly drug related. People do stupid things, when blinded by greed.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: August 03, 2017 03:43PM

Insurance companies also always look for anyway possible to get out of paying a claim. They are bastards!

Date: August 03, 2017 03:47PM

Homicide is one such reason insurance companies will not pay out a claim to a murderer. That just stands to reason.

Date: October 10, 2016 08:24PM

I guess we might not know all of the facts.I wonder if Bryan was surprised at the "afterlife" reality. Probably not. When lights are out...they stay out.

Date: August 03, 2017 03:44PM

Maybe he anticipated as such that nothing would be there and privately concluded the church thing was bullshit.

Posted by: shniddley ( )
Date: November 04, 2016 06:37AM

I was intimate with Bryans son Shane (which freaks me out just a little bit) and was his confidant for several months about 2 years ago we became very close friends.

We have had minimal contact over the past 2 years and I am now married.

This is obviously not right ( assisting in suicide) he should have committed his father to a rehabilitation center.Though, his argument with me was that committing his father to a rehab center would aggravate his father to kill himself anyways due to loss of reputation.

Here are the facts:

Bryan was morbidly depressed and had expressed to multiple family members that he had considered suicide. I met him several times and was also shocked by this like many of his acquaintances.

Shane knew about his father's depression at least for the 2 years I knew him and his father had told him the depression became worse after his divorce.

This may or may not be a fact: his father had asked for him to help him take his life on numerous occasions which Shane refused. This, of course, is from what Shane told me when we were friends though now that this has happened I don't really know if that is true but I also don't see any motive besides Shane's skewed moral compass.

People on news stories commented that Shane was addicted to drugs (he had smoked marijuana when he was younger and was never addicted to it he also consumes alcohol socially). This is not true whatsoever. He has never been addicted to any substance and does not have an addictive personality that is not his issue.

People are also commenting that Bryan was fine. He was not okay, HE WAS DEPRESSED with suicidal tendencies this is a known fact. He, just like many many LDS members suffer from internal mental issues that we are good at covering up in order to function through the day (this is common outside of Mormonism too!!!)The fact that people thought he was okay is a testament to how messed up our society is and how we view individuals and dismiss their feelings. This is not honoring the wright family, it is tearing it apart and people, like me, have to step forward and correct this twisted idea that he was okay.

This is what I think.

I am unsure what to think about his sentence, what he did was stupid but he is not malicious or dangerous. I think he should serve a sentence for 10-15 years but I am not the law nor do I even know how this would even be classified, this is the part I have no details on. Did Shane find his dad and realize he was brain dead? Did Shane schedule an appointment to kill his own father I have absolutely no idea.

As for if Shane was successful in life, he was. He also suffered from depression. He tried to kill himself as a teen (his father saved his life) and though he "drifted" from state to state he actually made quite a bit of money and also, had no desire for additional funds from his parents. He worked for The Walking Company and was one of their top salesman grossing 70,000 on a good year with bonuses. His co-workers (who I am friends with) can attest to that.

He was well liked and had many many close friends. He was candid and told people how it was and was never once dishonest with me or hurt me or anyone else.

He decided to leave The Walking Company for the outdoors and opportunities to grow that way while he was still young. Money and "accomplishments" weren't really his pursuit in life, he loved working full time and was in no way "lazy" he worked on his body constantly and has a 6 pack.

I specifically remember a very deep conversation with Shane where we both agreed that intellect was one of the most valuable things in this world.

Shane is incredibly intelligent to a fault. He believes that society is run by "sheep" and that the majority of the populous are "sheep" for following the crowd.

From an ethical standpoint, I think he truly believed he was helping his father. I do not condone killing someone or assisting in their suicide because it is wrong and of course illegal. Shane felt an obligation to help his father because his father helped him when he was a teenager by saving him from an intentional OD.

This is an incredibly deep and psychologically seeded case that involves a person feeling obligated to kill someone because they owe them a debt and feel monumental pressure to do so in order to honor their father's dying wishes.

I hope this has given clarity to the situation. In all honestly, I am still in shock and found out when I tried texting Shane to see how he was doing and my text didn't go through. I ended up googling him since he didn't seem active on any social media and found out about this a month after it had all happened.

Bryan was one of the best people I have known. He, however, would have probably attempted to commit suicide with or without Shane's help eventually which by the way I am not saying justifies this whatsoever and is very unfortunate. I urged Shane to get his father help on many occasions.

Final tidbit: Shane brought a 24 pack of Heineken to my apartment long ago and we shared it with some friends. I remember this vividly. And I asked (or he asked) what everyone's biggest fear in life was. Shane said that his biggest fear was that his dad would die alone/commit suicide.

This was a little less than 2 years ago.

So that is what I know. I am still hoping to get clarity on this as well. I am shocked and can't believe this has happened. It is surreal.

Date: November 04, 2016 06:39AM

I can also attest that the OP has correctly given Bryan's occupation from what Shane described to me.

Date: August 03, 2017 03:48PM

Maybe he decided to snuff out his dad to reduce the carbon footprint on mother earth. Who knows.

Good luck in the courts.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: November 04, 2016 06:44AM

You mean he would rather DIE than quit his job?

Date: November 04, 2016 06:54AM

I am not implying that at all. I am just saying that I believe OP was directly tied to Bryan. . .Wow you got a lot out of one sentence!!!

I also saw that people mentioned that the Wright family was messed up because they were all LDS.

His mother was not LDS and none of the children were. The only practicing member was the father.

The divorce was, however, largely due to religious and lifestyle differences from what Shane had told me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2016 06:58AM by shniddley.

Date: November 04, 2016 06:56AM

Sorry, I am getting to this all as I read through. Shane should 100% be on suicide watch as he has tried to commit suicide on one occasion and contemplated committing suicide seriously shortly before I met him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2016 06:57AM by shniddley.

Date: August 03, 2017 03:59PM

Suicidal people may also have a tendency to have homicidal ideations. Sounds like Shane entertained both and acted on one.

Posted by: lolly 18 ( )
Date: November 04, 2016 11:03AM

I hope you are contacting the prosecutor (or maybe Shane's defense counsel) to provide the exculpatory evidence.

Posted by: S ( )
Date: December 07, 2016 09:02PM

I worked with Shane and became good friends with him. He had a rough way of looking at life and had some problems with knowing who he was. I do not think he would murder his own father without thinking he was actually helping him. Shane was a good guy who needed help. I do not doubt he thought he was doing the right thing. As wrong and as messed up the situation was you don't know who he was or what he was thinking.

Date: December 07, 2016 09:11PM

Shane sounds like a very disturbed and deranged young man.

The latest news report was October 12, from the Salt Lake Tribune:

"A state medical examiner determined that [Bryan's] death was a homicide from strangulation.

Shane Wright allegedly told police that he was trying to help his dad through his pain. Originally, charges state, he tried to strangle his father with his hands, but "didn't feel like he had enough strength," so he used an extension cord to choke his father and smothered him with a pillow.

Shane Wright... [is] being held on a $1 million cash-only bail at the Salt Lake County Jail...."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2016 09:12PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: December 07, 2016 11:20PM

It's hard for nevermos to get their heads around, but many TBMs see death as a deliverance. That's why they don't mourn at funerals. To a person in the Mormon bubble, helping a loved one off themselves, possibly strangling to finish the job quicker, could well be an act of mercy. Yes there are laws, but we're talking about people who are governed by higher laws issued by their sock puppet God.

I'd chalk this one up to death by religion.

Date: December 08, 2016 12:05AM

It may come as a surprise then Babylon, that Shane was a never Mo.

His dad was the only Mormon in his immediate family. Neither Shane's mother or siblings were LDS. Only their dad. The one that Shane offed.

He's a sick puppy. He's safer behind bars - to himself and society.

Nor did he help his father commit suicide. It was cold blooded murder.

What child would try to strangle his father, then when that didn't do it, use an electrical cord to choke him, and then finish him off by smothering him? His father died a horrible, violent death at the hands of his deranged, homicidal son.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2016 12:08AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: December 08, 2016 12:41AM

I'd hate to have many of you on a jury if I was charged with a crime and the only evidence was my picture taken when I was put in jail.

Date: December 08, 2016 07:35AM

All the details we know so far are what Shane has told the police.

Now give that to a jury and let them decide his fate.

Maybe he'll get off on an insanity defense? Because if not, what he did is still murder in Utah and elsewhere!

Posted by: Ray3 ( )
Date: December 19, 2016 02:13AM

I dated Shane and left because I felt unsafe with him. We began getting close with each other, he was my boss and I was a sales associate. He was a master of selling himself to the outside world. We became close as friends at first, but after some time of luring me in he seemed trustworthy and passionate. He surprised me with an apartment to move into one day. We moved in together. It was far from my family, friends and work. Things downsporaled from there. He began drinking more and more everyday. His behavior became unpredictable and I felt as if I was walking on eggshells all the time. He isolates me from the outside world and began breaking me down as a person telling me how worthless I was, called me every horrible name you could think of, even spit on the living room floor to assert domination in front of me. When I wanted to leave, he told me no one would come for me, but threw all of my belongings across the living room at me including my cat as if it were an object. I feared Shane Wright, yet he told me we would be together forever. That scared me. He spoke nicely to his father on the phone but what no one knows is that I was there when he got off the phone and he constantly spoke of how disgusted he was of his fathers presence. I thought his father always sounded kind though. He didn't always speak greatly of his father to me. We lived together for 8 months until I felt so unsafe that I had to call family for help. I found disturbing videos of Shane strangling himself, constantly talked about death, and was a master of manipulation. Shane Wright is a dangerous man and I hope he receives attention he needs while locked away. RIP Bryan.

Date: December 19, 2016 06:22AM

I hope you shared this info with police, as part of their investigation into Bryan's homicide.

Thanks for sharing. That goes to the heart of the vicious and horrific death he subjected his own father to.

What you've described is a sociopathic, cold-blooded murderer.

Posted by: Fish4 ( )
Date: December 30, 2016 04:13AM

I'd really like to talk to you as I was in a similar situation with Shane. What you wrote shocked me cause I can relate to all of it. Talking with someone who has been in the same situation would be really healing.

Date: January 05, 2017 12:05PM

Amyjo: I left a voicemail on a hotline for crimes with my contact info. I haven't received a call back. Thinking maybe I should call an actual police department in Utah. I feel like I could and would be a character witness if needed.

There is definitely some sort of psychosis going on with him. I honestly fear that it could've even been me if I wouldn't have gotten out when I did. Definitely not someone you would feel safe with. I have nightmares about him. We've been broken since April 2016 and I can't even look at someone with blue eyes because it makes me so uncomfortable.

Fish4: Do you feel traumatized from Shane as well? It's something I've been really struggling with. Its even scary stepping forward on this website for me. I've even thought of speaking to a therapist after the pain and trauma he's caused me. I have learned to be extremely cautious with dating after this. I know how he can manipulate you into controlling every aspect of your life while tearing you down as a person in the process. If you ever need to talk, you know my username. I understand if no one wants to reveal real names on here.

Date: January 05, 2017 12:07PM

I'm sorry for all the typos by the way. It's hard stuff to talk about.

Date: January 05, 2017 03:29PM

Hi Ray,

I'd call the Salt Lake County DA if I were you. They will be the ones prosecuting this case as it was committed in their jurisdiction.

If you're unable to get through on their phone #'s there's an e-mail addy you can write to.

http://slco.org/district-attorney/contact-us/

If they're interested in what you have to share, they'll let you know. I would think it is critical information as it goes to Shane's mens rea ie, criminal intent to commit murder.

It isn't hearsay when you were hearing it in the first person, and were a subject of Shane's personal attacks. You could be a very important witness to the prosecution.

Shane is a menace to society.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2017 03:30PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Fish4 ( )
Date: January 09, 2017 07:07PM

Ray3: Yes, I have been struggling with this. I think professional help or a therapist to talk to would really help me. I bet we've been through a lot of the same things. I'd really like to talk to you personally, would rather not on this feed... is there another way I could talk to you?

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: August 02, 2017 02:38PM

Bryan just doesn't sound like the standard church employee. Married to a non-Mormon, outside the temple. How he managed to find and keep work with church is probably an interesting story in itself.

Date: August 02, 2017 03:43PM

His children were non-Mormon, including Shane.

Does beg the question did he have a TR requirement to maintain his employment or not.

He was divorced from his wife. His son was just passing through town when he murdered his father. Maybe living there because he had nowhere else to go (except prison.) He was kind of a drifter from state to state.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.