Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Exmo Aspie ( )
Date: September 30, 2016 11:54AM

I'm really considering doing it, but I know a bunch of other people here will too. So the question is, should I?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 30, 2016 11:55AM

Sure. But put your opinion in your "findings." There will be plenty of copies of the transcripts, tell us how you FEEL about it!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: September 30, 2016 12:32PM

The last time I attended Fast and Testimony Meeting I kept two tally lists--one for every time I heard about Joseph Smith; the other for Jesus (excepting the mandatory "in the name of Jesus Christ, amen; or the I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet" Any guesses who received the preponderance of tally marks? Joseph Smith popular Boner.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 30, 2016 12:35PM

No need to guess, I'm guessing :)

Speaking of which: when was the last time anybody who actually attends church heard the word "Lamanites" mentioned?
I'm curious, as the leadership seems to have completely stopped talking about the "prime mission" of the BoM -- to let the Lamanites know they're really Hebrews!

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: September 30, 2016 01:35PM

they stopped singing 'book of mormon stories' in primary years ago, no-one could say why at the time, but with hindsight it's fairly easy to figure out.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 01, 2016 06:27PM

What? They seriously don't sing that anymore?

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: October 01, 2016 06:59PM

That's what I was thinking about when I posted this:
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1885487

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: September 30, 2016 12:38PM

If you wish to volunteer for this, be sure to take care of yourself. Perhaps limit yourself to 2 sessions or less. Maybe just a couple of talks from each session and not punish yourself for a full 2 hours each time. Personally I could not do it. We value your sanity.

Posted by: westerly62 ( )
Date: September 30, 2016 02:07PM

I hope that you can watch it without it taking a spiritual / psychological toll on you.

I really wish that I didn't feel the need to keep any eye on these vultures by watching their speeches and reading their ensign messages. I only do it because I feel the need to stay abreast of TSCC attempts to drive wedges between critics like myself and their/my TBM family members. Otherwise I wouldn't go within 1000 miles of the LDS Church's toxic garbage.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 01, 2016 06:29PM

I'd rather hear a report on how things are with you, exmo aspie. Things cool with your family? Are you going to school?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2016 06:30PM by NormaRae.

Posted by: Hotintots ( )
Date: October 01, 2016 06:40PM

I would very much like to read your reports on GC!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.