Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 22, 2016 09:25PM

There isn't much there except grass.
http://kbia.org/post/mormons-returning-northwest-missouri-174-years-after-extermination-order

Maybe Jesus is mowing it?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Mormonleaks/comments/53znrt/leaked_document_9_sensitive_units_church/

Jesus only calls The First Presidency when there is something important going on the grounds keeping?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: September 22, 2016 09:33PM

There's a rumor that visitors filch stones from the site and trucks bring in loads of replacement rocks.

Date: September 23, 2016 08:31AM

LOL! I hope that is true!

Wouldn't it be grand? The FP drills seer stone holes in rocks rolled to be smooth and seeds Adam-Ondi-Ahman with them.

They would probably pay for themselves in the followers of a treasure see(r)ker.

Posted by: greengobbleyguck ( )
Date: September 24, 2016 01:09AM

So what to do with the rock collection I've accured?

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: September 22, 2016 09:44PM

'Ho Chi Minh Welfare Branch Office': that's not something you see every day.

Date: September 23, 2016 08:32AM

The brow beatings will continue until the welfare improves.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: September 23, 2016 09:04AM

It looks farmed. Are the farmers part of the LDS welfare system, part of the profit arm of TSCC, or tenant farmers?

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 23, 2016 09:17AM

I dunno, but I became pretty teed off yesterday when the registrar for Daughters of the American Revolution showed me the land claim my great great great grandpa received for fighting in the War of 1812. It was in Illinois. He was one of the counselors in the Adam-Ondi-Ahman stake when John Smith was appointed president by his nephew, Joseph.

My great great ggrandfather lost his land when they were driven from there because of persecution. He also died in Illinois just prior to his wife and a couple of their children making the trek westward to Zion's, Springdale, Utah.

Damn, damn, and damn. He was cheated first by Joseph and cult. And then got screwed over royal by the locals who raided his home, his farm, and his land. That really pisses me off. His body gave out from all the persecution, according to church history. And being driven from his home/s several times over, sometimes in the dead of winter.

I not only despise what the cult did to him. I also despise what the persecutors of the church did to him and his family because they joined a fringe religious cult. He didn't do anything to anyone to deserve the sh*t that happened to him. Greedy bastards - all he wanted was a place to call home, and his family and loved ones by his side.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2016 09:25AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: September 24, 2016 03:52AM

that's really sad.

[I wonder what tribe was driven off those lands so that it could be given to your GGGGrandpa]

Date: September 24, 2016 06:41AM

I don't believe any tribes were driven off "his" land. He was driven off "his" land, moron.

Date: September 29, 2016 08:59AM

That was harsh of you to name call.

Date: September 29, 2016 10:28AM

Considering I just got through describing how my ggggrandfather lost his land that he'd been given as his PENSION CLAIM, when he retired, due to persecution of the Mormons in Nauvoo or wherever the hell he was living. That persecution, in addition to others before it, were the cause of his premature death.

And you call my reaction, unmerited, when some poster goes after my great grandpa with his sophomoric response as to how he didn't earn that land he'd been given as his reward for fighting in the War of 1812?

MAYBE YOU DIDN'T HAVE A DOG IN THAT FIGHT. BUT ESSEXEXMO'S FAMILY DID. HIS SIDE LOST THE WAR OF 1812.

Perhaps you missed his personal attack against my ggggrandpa's landclaim? I did not.

You make an attack against my loved one, consider me provoked.

I'm not fighting the War of 1812 on this post. EssexExMo apparently hasn't surrendered. My post wasn't about that war at all, or that the Indians who were allied with Britain, lost. So there.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: September 23, 2016 11:43AM

I guess the church can't help it, considering its sexual beginnings......"sensitive unit" indeed!

TBM 1: Hi, are you a member?

TBM 2: Yes, a very firm member! Rigid, you could say.

TBM 1: Do you have a calling?

TBM 2: I'm called to the sensitive unit program.

TBM 1: Sounds exiting!

TBM 2: It is, they just erected a new spire on the building.

TBM 1: How many hours do you put out for it?

TBM 2: I can only put out about 4 hours max. at a time or I have to call my doctor.

TBM 1: What kind of work is involved?

TBM 2: Oral presentations mainly, but my boss sometimes inserts himself and ejaculates at the mouth. He can be a bit anal.

TBM 1: Sounds hard. Hold firmly to the rod brother!

TBM 2: Thanks, You too!

Date: September 29, 2016 09:00AM

The rod of iron is a sensitive unit for Mormon husbands. Mormon wives need to hold to it sensitively.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: September 23, 2016 12:55PM

Oh gawd, I didn't know the church even still talked about that place. About 20 years ago my father helped me drive across country when I was moving back to Utah. He wanted to take a detour which would have cost us several hours to go to Adam-Ondi-Ahman. I was like "it's a patch of grass with some rocks." He was like "You go there for the spirit." I knew damn well, even though I was still a semi-believing member then, that the only spirit I was going to feel was fatigue.

So I took over the driving after we passed St. Louis, hoping to get far enough past the exit that it would be too far to turn around. Worked. We were almost to Topeka before he said, "where is that exit?" "Oops, so sorry. I just can't believe we passed it."

That's probably why I'm an exmo. I missed that great sperchul opportunity.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: September 23, 2016 01:13PM

Its funny. When I was living near Independence, just on the Kansas side of Kansas City, Missouri, I would occasionally hear about people moving to the area because they and I quote " felt like it was time, and things were about to end". In other words, people move there because they were convinced that the church was about to build the 12 temples and that the literal Gathering of Zion or whatever was about to happen. gullible fools.

Date: September 23, 2016 01:25PM

One of my brothers is like that. He lives in Overland Park, and is a zealot if there ever was one. He's fully convinced the end is going to happen in his lifetime, and he wants to be in the center of the action. Ridiculous!

He used to ask me what if he didn't live to see the 2nd coming? I answered him it didn't matter when he lived, it matters most how he lives.

I doubt that ever registered with him, he's done some pretty shady things since then that shows me he doesn't have much of a conscience, but he sure has a super ego!

Posted by: greengobbleyguck ( )
Date: September 24, 2016 01:14AM

Yep and they still do and they still have that cult like wink wink too. Uuuugggg.

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: September 23, 2016 03:49PM

So would someone please explain to this nevermo exactly what this Adam-Ondi-Ahman is?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2016 03:50PM by cinda.

Date: September 23, 2016 04:20PM

According to wikipedia, "Adam-ondi-Ahman (/ædəm ɑːndaɪ ɑːmən/, sometimes clipped to Diahman) is a historic site in Daviess County, Missouri about five miles south of Jameson. It is located along the east bluffs above the Grand River. According to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church), it is the site where Adam and Eve lived after being expelled from the Garden of Eden. It teaches that the place will be a gathering spot for a meeting of the priesthood leadership, including prophets of all ages and other righteous people, prior to the Second Coming of Jesus Christ....

Contemporaries of Smith stated that he taught that the Garden of Eden was located in the vicinity of Independence, Missouri,[10] and that after Adam and Eve were banished from the garden, they went to Adam-ondi-Ahman.[11]

According to a revelation declared by Smith, Adam met his children at the site three years before his death to bestow his blessing.[12] LDS Church leader Joseph Fielding Smith has written that before the Second Coming, Adam will convene another meeting there to turn the government of the human family officially to Jesus Christ.[13]

Meaning of the name[edit]
According to the belief of some Latter Day Saints, the term "Adam-ondi-Ahman" is part of the Adamic language.[14] The name was first referenced in about 1832, in a revelation to Joseph Smith[15] prior to being attached to a specific place. The name was also the title of a hymn that was popular in the early church.

"Adam-ondi-Ahman" has been speculatively translated as the "Valley of God, where Adam dwelt" (by Latter Day Saint apostle Orson Pratt),[16] "the valley of God in which Adam blessed his children" (by John Corrill),[17] "Adam's grave" (by Community of Christ historian Heman C. Smith),[18] or "Adam with God",[19] because elsewhere in the Doctrine and Covenants "Son Ahman" is said to refer to Jesus.[20][19]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam-ondi-Ahman

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: September 23, 2016 05:08PM

Well of course its a special place. The church doctrine is clear that Adam-ondi-Ahman (located in Missouri) is a very special place near where the Garden of Eden was located around 6016 years ago. We know this thanks to Joseph Smith who all believers know talked regularly to the Lord and many holy prophets such as Moroni and Adam. How else would Smith know so many wonderful doctrines such as that the earth will have a temporal existence of approximately 7000 years and that the Book of Mormon, a record of the ancestors of the Indians and full of history about God making righteous people have light skin & wicked people have dark skin, is the most correct book on earth? There are so many teachings in Mormonism that ought to put a smile on the faces of anyone who studies them as they will simply stand all amazed at how so many people have been influenced by the legacy of Joseph Smith Jr.

Date: September 23, 2016 05:14PM

As soon as I hear back from Adam, will get right back to you on that. ;O)

If Joseph could've got rich spinning gold like he did yarns, he'd have died a much wealthier man than he did! And probably have died a happier man too.

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: September 23, 2016 11:53PM

Honest TBM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...around 6016 years ago.
> ...the earth will have a temporal
> existence of approximately 7000 years

Hmm...subtracting 1000 years for the "millennium" when Satan gets to gather his forces, that means Jesus is 16 years late. What's he up to? Taking a nap?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2016 11:54PM by Anziano Young.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: September 24, 2016 03:58AM

"...that means Jesus is 16 years late. What's he up to?"

Can't find find his car keys.

Isn't that ironic?

Posted by: You Too? ( )
Date: September 23, 2016 04:29PM

Maybe they'll do a historical essay on it.

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: September 24, 2016 07:24AM

So maybe there's someone sleeping in a tent somewhere with a phone straight to the SLC temple, ready to warn the brethren at a moment's notice. That just may be the funnest phone line to abuse in the world.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: September 29, 2016 12:51PM

If your gonna lie...tell big ones...joe the pro...gawd what a bunch of lunatic fanatics mormons have been...zelph...haha..$$&@@$$ ahole..we stored well made walking boots for years...boy i was a lunatic fanatic...then the internet happened

Date: September 29, 2016 10:51PM

Trails end Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...boy i was a lunatic fanatic...then the
> internet happened

You were promised further light and knowledge in your pre-existence and The Internet is the messenger for it.

It is the messenger they can't shoot.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.