Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: September 17, 2016 07:45AM

There's a guy on my Facebook friends list who posted a link to a donation page set up for his nephew and his wife. Yesterday, this family suffered a tragic loss when their three month old baby, name of Kolob, died in an accident. His mother put him down on a blanket after feeding him and went to fix dinner. While she was cooking, he aspirated some fluid and apparently choked.

I noticed the mom had a journal, as well as a Facebook page, so I took a look. She is the mother of seven other kids. In the five posts I read, I learned of this family's many challenges. One child has autism. Another broke her neck. Another had a broken leg at three months of age. Another had "brain troubles before he was born" (that's how she put it).

Now, I hate to be judgmental because I know stuff can happen... but it seems like this family has had an awful lot of bad things happening to their kids. And yet, the mom wrote an impassioned post about how she's pro life, so I guess she's not done having children.

I have no problem with large families, but it seems to me that if you have this many serious issues with your children, you might stop for awhile.

Wow...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 17, 2016 09:07AM

I don't care if I am judgmental, she's extremely negligent in her rearing of children. She should have been done after one special needs child instead of breeding like a rabbit.

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: September 17, 2016 11:39AM

THEY are extremely negligent in their rearing of children!

Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: January 31, 2017 12:22PM

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 17, 2016 09:22AM

Hospitals and doctors are trained to pay close attention for warning signs of child abuse. This family well may be under a magnifying glass already.

A broken leg at three months old wouldn't be attributed to the baby's malfeasance. It reminds me of one of my nieces whose arm was broke around that age. The ER was initially very suspicious of my step-sister and her husband of child abuse, until they established the baby had been in the way of a moving team when the family was moving their household goods, and someone didn't see her as they were going downstairs (she was in a carrier near the stairwell.) Whoever it was tripped over her, and she ended up at the hospital w/the broken arm.

Her parents were mortified that it happened. But they were no monsters.

You'd need to have more information I suppose before making a rash judgment as to the parents worthiness to have children. How did the children break bones, for instance?

A child dying on a blanket is tragic, but was she using normal maternal care, or neglecting the child when it asphyxiated. Did she bother to burp the baby after feeding him? That's very normal to burp a child, because it helps them digest their food properly. Laying him down on his back or his tummy without doing that would invite him coughing up while he's lying down.

What a tragedy, probably could have been averted. It wasn't even a case of Infant Death Syndrome. If she'd been in earshot she might've heard the baby struggling to breathe, but didn't. How awful.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 17, 2016 09:28AM

Yes, Amyjo, I imagine that an ER would be taking a very close look at a family of an infant with a major broken bone.

As a teacher I can tell you that every elementary school has a rather notorious train wreck family. They have a whole passel full of kids and neglect them all. When the mom is expecting (AGAIN) it is news throughout the entire school building. This sounds like one of those families.

Posted by: Jersey Girl ( )
Date: September 17, 2016 09:49AM

My crazy fanatic family story belongs to an extreme Catholic sect, not Mormon, but.One of my friends, a normal Catholic,used birth control, has a daughter who married into this fringe sect and just had her 10th kid in her mid 30s. There was a problem with the placenta not being expelled and she almost died, and finally has to have a hysterectomy. Her mother is greatly relieved to hear this. This woman had a child every year and home schools all of them so they have little contact with the real world. Who knows what goes on in that house?

Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: September 17, 2016 11:22AM

All of the home-schooled children I know and have met with do indeed have "contact with the outside world"-why would you assume otherwise? That is, in fact a very ignorant comment to make. In fact, the ones I have had the pleasure of meeting as a history educator in a museum have BETTER social skills than the ones attending public school.

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: September 17, 2016 11:53AM

No, it is not an ignorant comment as she is familiar with the family!

While there are many home schoolers who know what they are doing and do it well, there are many cases where the isolation of the children preserves secrecy and masks abuse or neglect.

As an example, I know a young woman who was controlled and severely abused by her husband. The children were home-schooled by her; she did a good job of it as she is intelligent and well-educated. One of the young children was being "schooled" by the father to follow him in a criminal career.

In the face of constant threats of all of them being killed and physical beatings to her, she gathered the strength to flee to a safe house.

It took a lot of help from authorities and family, but they made good their escape. The children are older now and doing well. The mom is making progress.

In being defensive of home-schooling, don't over-generalize!

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: September 18, 2016 04:54AM

Many home-schooling families are part of organizations - some semi-formal, and other rather loosely run - that allow their children social experiences outside the immediate family. Families are, of course, free to drop out of these organizations at any time, where if it were a public or possibly even a private school, the children could not just drop off the face of the earth without some authority at least attempting to track them down and sending up a few red flags.

Some families even make their home-schooling legal through the free-of-charge charter systems; in those cases a certain amount of accountability is required, and some freedom is forfeited.

Other families are very isolated in their home-schooling practices. These are the ones that are scary to me. There's no guarantee that education, or any attempt at it, is even taking place, much less any oversight of the children's well-being.

Obviously not all home-schooling situations are bad, but those in which the families have isolated themselves are a cause for concern.

Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: September 19, 2016 12:48AM

The way I interpreted your comment ( indeed the way a straightforward reading of it says) is that because she homeschools her children they have little contact with the outside world. You are saying that what you meant is that the purpose of homeschooling her kids is to limit their contact with the outside world.

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: September 18, 2016 11:46PM

People often use problems with homeschoolers as evidence that homeschooling is bad.

Somehow they forget to mention problems among people who send their kids to public school.

That kind of faith and cherry-picking reminds me of the TBM's I know.

My wife taught 5th grade in public school for a couple years before she couldn't take it anymore. She could talk for hours about the stupidity and messed up kids and parents. But those who worship the public school system don't want to hear it.

But hey, at least they only spend $10,000 a year on each kid, taken from us by force, even those who don't have any kids.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 31, 2017 10:15AM

Free Man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> People often use problems with homeschoolers as
> evidence that homeschooling is bad.
>
> Somehow they forget to mention problems among
> people who send their kids to public school.

If homeschooling is 'good,' it's good whether or not public schooling is good.

If homeschooling is 'bad,' it's bad whether or not public schooling is 'good.'

When discussing the value of homeschooling, what matters is the value of homeschooling. Not the value of something else.

Posted by: annieg ( )
Date: January 31, 2017 06:56AM

That is not my experience with home schooled kids. A friend of mine has a niece who has one little girl. She and husband are fundies and the mother is homeschooling her daughter. SHe doesn't want her daughter exposed to "heathens" in public schools. The mom who is homeschooled dropped out after grade eight. She brags about homeschooling to a room full of university educated and public schooled relatives.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: January 31, 2017 09:14AM

In response to notmonotloggedin-

I simply think that's not true. I don't know if you are a homeschool Advocate or not, but homeschooling your kids, especially all the way through 1st and 12th grade, can be detrimental to their Social Development, unless you go out of your way to make sure the kids have lots and lots of outside exposure to others, experience with things like sports teams and activity clubs, homeschool groups with the other kids, classes with other kids, etc. Even then, I still don't think it's the same.

My anecdotal experience is probably similar to many others on this forum. I knew a lot of home-schooled kids in my ward growing up, and they were extremely socially awkward. They spent all day at home, schooled by their parents, and in general, their only other social interactions with kids their own age was going to church or going to youth group.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2017 09:20AM by midwestanon.

Posted by: guppie ( )
Date: September 17, 2016 09:59AM

7 living kids
2 with broken bones (neck and leg)
2 with brain injury or anomaly
plus 1 dead kid

Insensitive or not, she is not "pro life." She is pro birth. At this point, at least 50% of the pack are in serious trouble. (is leg healed)

She should not be left alone with children, I don't care how "sweet" or "innocent" she may be. The result is "monstrous" to her children.

If the leg were an isolated incident, such as the arm/movers story, we could think "accident." I think these parents need to be under a microscope, now.

Date: September 17, 2016 11:02AM

Exactly.

Date: September 18, 2016 04:54AM

knotheadusc Wrote:
> Exactly.

Agree totally.

Posted by: maizyday ( )
Date: September 20, 2016 01:44AM

Yeah.... something isn't right in that family.

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: September 17, 2016 10:28AM

I tell you authoritatively (under the testimony that the Book of Mormon is the most correct book on earth, Book of Abraham was truly written upon papyrus by Abraham himself, the versions of the First Vision all being consistently true, and Thomas Monson being a great Seer & disseminator of so many glorious prophecies) that this woman and all the rest in Zion are supposed to be letting Heavenly Father make the decisions on birth control. Just look how God (through his servants) has made it so crystal clear. Just think how much publicity the church would get now if every Bishop in the church (along with each of their leaders up to Monson) held a press conference and sacrament meeting talks to clearly and unambiguously lay out these teachings that can never change in the church (except in the eyes of those who oppose God's teaching that God is unchanging). Well with that in mind here are some quotes from the mainstream leaders that every good Mormon knows spoke for this unchanging God.

“There is one thing that I am told is practiced to some extent among us, and I say to you that where it is practiced and not thoroughly repented of the curse of God will follow it. I refer to the practice of preventing the birth of children. I want to lift my voice in solemn warning against this, and I say to you that the woman who practices such devilish arts, or the man who consents to them, will be cursed of God. Such persons will be cursed in their bodies, cursed in their minds, cursed in their property, cursed in their offspring. God will wipe them out from the midst of this people and nation. Remember it. Mothers, teach this to your daughters, for I tell you it is true. I need not pronounce any curse, whatever my authority may be, but I say to you that women who take this course, and men who consent to it, will be cursed of God Almighty, and it will rest upon them until their generation shall be blotted out, and their name shall be lost from the midst of the Saints of God, unless, as I have said, there is deep, thorough and heartfelt repentance.”
(George Q. Cannon, 1st Counselor in First Presidency, Oct 7, 1894)

“Officers, members of the Relief Society, herein you have the word of the Lord, on this subject. Can anything be clearer or more emphatic? It is a very strange thing that people can believe that the Lord of Life could countenance for one moment, the refusal of his children to comply with the first commandment given to Adam and Eve. It is so easy to avoid parenthood, if people wish to do so, and that, too, innocently, even if selfishly. Men and women can remain unmarried. That is all there is too it.” ( First Presidency - Joseph F. Smith, Anthon H. Lund, Charles W. Penrose, Relief Society Magazine, February 1917 )

“Presidents of Stakes, Bishops of Wards, and Presidents of Missions
Dear Brethren:
The First Presidency is being asked from time to time as to what the attitude of the Church is regarding birth control. In order that you may be informed on this subject and that you may be prepared to convey the proper information to the members of the Church under your jurisdiction, we have decided to give you the following statement:
We seriously should regret that there should exist a sentiment or feeling among any members of the Church to curtail the birth of their children. We have been commanded to multiply and replenish the earth that we may have joy and rejoicing in our posterity.
Where husband and wife enjoy health and vigor and are free from impurities that would be entailed upon their posterity, it is contrary to the teachings of the Church artificially to curtail or prevent the birth of children. We believe that those who practice birth control will reap disappointment by and by.
However, we feel that men must be considerate of their wives who bear the greater responsibility not only of bearing children, but of caring for them through childhood. To this end the mother's health and strength should be conserved and the husband's consideration for his wife is his first duty, and self control a dominant factor in all their relationships.
It is our further feeling that married couples should seek inspiration and wisdom from the Lord that they may exercise discretion in solving their marital problems, and that they may be permitted to rear their children in accordance with the teachings of the gospel.” - First Presidency (David O. McKay, Hugh B. Brown, N. Eldon Tanner ), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Office of the First Presidency, April 14, 1969

Posted by: alyssum ( )
Date: September 19, 2016 05:56PM

Are you really posting this here?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 19, 2016 06:16PM

I think a sarcastic point is attempting to be made. By church standards, she's a champ!

Could she believe that this is her only shot at looking good at something? It's a galldarnded shame when people pick others' goals as their own.

Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: September 17, 2016 10:36AM

This woman loves to be on center stage, always pregnant and birthing so she looks the part of a lovely, sweet care giver.

This woman is out of control of her life and the kids are taking the brunt of it.

Too many red flags to be "accidental". Children should be removed from the home.

Some people over eat or do drink too much or indulge in drugs (legal and illegal) when they feel stress. Id say this gal only feels value when she is on her back in bed. Fine but a hysterectomy needs to be performed.

Where is the child protection agency? I know these cases can be difficult to prove but this one would have to be a slam dunk when you look at all the signs.

Side Note:

A friend of mine was in an abusive marriage. She kept having to go see the doctor. After the second black eye and a dislocated shoulder and a couple other 'incidental' injury's the doctor told her if she came back in with another "accidental" injury, he was involving the authorities. That was all it took for her to take action. She got a restrictive order on her abuser and then was able to divorce him, taking her children with her. (He had been abusing the kids too)

Date: September 18, 2016 04:56AM

I agree that the woman and her family should at least be on the radar of the local child welfare service. Cases of this nature are hard to prove, but enough circumstantial evidence can warrant action.

dejavue Wrote:
> This woman loves to be on center stage, always
> pregnant and birthing so she looks the part of a
> lovely, sweet care giver.
>
> This woman is out of control of her life and the
> kids are taking the brunt of it.
>
> Too many red flags to be "accidental". Children
> should be removed from the home.
>
> Some people over eat or do drink too much or
> indulge in drugs (legal and illegal) when they
> feel stress. Id say this gal only feels value when
> she is on her back in bed. Fine but a hysterectomy
> needs to be performed.
>
> Where is the child protection agency? I know
> these cases can be difficult to prove but this one
> would have to be a slam dunk when you look at all
> the signs.
>
> Side Note:
>
> A friend of mine was in an abusive marriage. She
> kept having to go see the doctor. After the
> second black eye and a dislocated shoulder and a
> couple other 'incidental' injury's the doctor told
> her if she came back in with another "accidental"
> injury, he was involving the authorities. That
> was all it took for her to take action. She got a
> restrictive order on her abuser and then was able
> to divorce him, taking her children with her. (He
> had been abusing the kids too)

Posted by: de ja vue ( )
Date: January 31, 2017 10:28AM

NOT my post. Someone else is using my moniker. Please fine another.

Posted by: anon for this one ( )
Date: September 17, 2016 10:48AM

Possible Munchausen by proxy?

"Munchausen syndrome by proxy (MSBP) is a mental health problem in which a caregiver makes up or causes an illness or injury in a person under his or her care, such as a child, an elderly adult, or a person who has a disability. Because vulnerable people are the victims, MSBP is a form of child abuse or elder abuse."

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/tc/munchausen-syndrome-by-proxy-topic-overview

Posted by: holycarp ( )
Date: September 17, 2016 12:36PM

There was a family in the ward that had 7 children at the time I left TSCC.

When the mom was 28 or 29 and pregnant with her 5th child she told everyone that her dctor said this should be her last pregnancy because the uterine wall was thinning considerably and he was concerned about a rupture. She would say that she knew there was another child waiting to be born after this one and HF would make everything right.

During the 5th pregnancy she was either giving a talk or testimony in RS and she let it all out how she struggles with bulemia and how being pregnant makes it worse, how inadequate she feels as a mother, and many other afflictions that was making everyone squirm. It was gut-wrenching to hear how she was so depriciative of herself and the anguish she was feeling.

Her husband built her a craft shed and she was very talented in making a variety of home decor, rugs, draperies, upholstery, painting, and she has made beautiful chairs, head and footboards from willow branches for the children and made a queen bed for she and her husband....she has an amazing talent.

She would spend hours in her craft area and things started to be made known about the children. A son was making Ramen soup for himself and the siblings (he was about 9 maybe 10) when a younger sibling came to the kitchen, something happened and the older boy was scalded on the back of his neck and shoulder and he needed a skin graft. Same son broke his arm while tending younger sibs and all the while mom was in her craft shed.

I went to their house once and the oldest daughter answered the door - she was watching the younger 5. I asked to speak to her mom but she told me unless it was an emergency she was not allowed to disturb her mom.

While pregnant with #7 the doctor told her to stay off of her feet but I saw her frequently walking alone long distances from her home without any kids in tow.

After #7 arrived she was crafting something when #6 had fallen in the pool - she made it sound as if the others were not watching him :-/ She heard the splash and looked to see #6 at the bottom of the pool. She ran, tripped over a pool chair, dove in and saved the child. She broke her leg when she collided with the chair and was in a full leg cast.

Other incidents happened, kids being taken to the ER or the doctor frequently when it came through the grapevine the dad was taking a diferent job so he could be with the children more. Not long after they moved to southern Utah where her parents lived.

Stories came out that CPS was actively investigating them so they moved.

A few people kept in touch with them and said the kids were still "accident prone". The kids are now grown and somehow made it out alive.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: September 17, 2016 01:05PM

Yeah just reading this causes angst...speshly the bs honest abe tbm posted about the destructive horseshit spewed by the brethrn where you put your brain in neutral and let gawd decide how many kids will be born into some form of abuse...sad fact is that may have been my family story...no one died...no bones broken...but absessed teeth were just allowed to run their course...dentists were just flimflam artists...yeah they had ten...i remember there being four of us kiddies when dad returned to school...making himself crazy working nights and school during the day...my brother and I were 3-4 ...we followed the garbage truck on our trikes around the slum we rented in...abandoned houses...open excavation...lakes and ditches to wade in and for hours every day mom banged away on the ol typewriter doing dads papers ...the real miracle was nobody died...but they also believed the bull shit about gawd and angels protecting the kiddies...the stress of this ordeal made my ol man crazy the rest of his life...the abuse and insanity went on for years...he wanted the inscription on their headstone to read...To The Glory Of God...id like to add the words...My Ass

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: September 17, 2016 02:14PM

The brain injuries could have been congenital or happened during birth and kids do break bones although an infant is suspicious unless there is a medical condition.The whole thing sounds suspicious, but I am not going to assume they are abusing or neglecting the kids without more info

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 17, 2016 02:36PM

I suppose you could say there's intentional neglect and (I almost said 'benign') unintentional neglect... But what's the difference to the kids?

I found the mom's FB page and clicked on the banner photo, and counted the eight kids, and noted that the oldest was a girl. She looks to be about 10 or 11...

I 'met' her prototype in 1990. She was the daughter of my last senior companion in the mission. He and I both got married on the same day. I don't know exactly how many kids they went on to have, but it was a lot, and she described her life as the first born, and a female, as, for her, hell on earth. By the time she was 10, she was Assistant Mommy, in charge of all the others when mom wasn't there in person or in spirit.

She hated it. She couldn't do things she wanted to do because there were too many things she needed to do for the other kids. I met her because at age 19 she finally said she'd had enough and she wanted out. Her dad called me in SoCal (from Oklahoma) to ask if my then-wife and I would 'parent hen' her, because she was coming to LA, and didn't know a soul. She stayed with us a couple of weeks and it was during that time that the stories came out about being Assistant Mommy. The youth she'd wanted was taken from her. Or stolen, from her point of view. She was very bitter about it.

She found a job, made some friends and then disappeared from my life. And from mormon life. She never did ask what ward I was in...

When my TBM daughter elected to have her tubes tied after four kids, I cheered.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: September 17, 2016 03:41PM

For me, one among seven born to my Mormon parents, neglect was as much a part of growing up as was abuse. My parents were definitely pro-birth. Babies were good, and children were bad. Especially boys, who needed frequent beatings.

On a typical summer's day, my brothers and I were put out of the house by our frustrated and incompetent mother. We were left unsupervised all day and often got into some kind of trouble. Dad would beat us when he got home and heard Mom's negative report.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: September 18, 2016 02:05PM

I learned to tell time early, primarily so that I could find a place to hide shortly before 5 O'clock. My dad was the dependable sort, and was home at that time every day. He could also be depended on to give us a beating shortly after receiving the daily complaints from my mother.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: September 19, 2016 12:51AM

Date: September 18, 2016 01:49AM

Well, if you read this woman's journal, which has only been in existence since last month, she does come off as a bit of a fruitcake. It appears her husband is in the Army Reserves and is also a truck driver, which would indicate that he might not be home all that often.

And, as someone who has an MSW and used to work as a social worker, I would definitely be suspicious. I think it's crazy that she has all of this stuff online.

Date: September 18, 2016 01:50AM

My niece told me about this. "Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy" is what immediately came to mind, although I didn't read any of the pages.

Date: September 18, 2016 01:53AM

It's entirely possible. Something isn't right, though.

Date: September 18, 2016 02:35AM

knotheadusc Wrote:
> It's entirely possible. Something isn't right,
> though.

Anyone who would burden a poor innocent baby with a name like Kolob is missing a few screws and/or is screaming for attention even if there is no further evidence of it.

Date: September 18, 2016 02:40AM

I kind of had the same thought. They also have a son named Mahonri and a daughter named Topsana. The names alone are kind of abusive if you aren't living in Utah.

Date: September 18, 2016 04:59AM

knotheadusc Wrote:
> I kind of had the same thought. They also have a
> son named Mahonri and a daughter named Topsana.
> The names alone are kind of abusive if you aren't
> living in Utah.

Where in the world did she find "Topsana"? Was it one of those baby shower activities where you draw out seven Scrabble letters and assemble them into a pronounceable name?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 19, 2016 06:31PM

scmd Wrote:
> Anyone who would burden a poor innocent baby with
> a name like Kolob is missing a few screws...

Hey...! :)

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: September 19, 2016 12:45PM

Yeah, I thought of this, too. That many injuries in one home doesn't make sense. They'd be safer living in the jungle.

Date: September 18, 2016 04:01AM

I see that the mom has now opened up her Facebook group so it's totally public. A few hours ago, she posted a link to LDS Living called 3 Fascinating Things Every Mormon Should Know About Kolob.

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: September 18, 2016 06:27AM

In big families the eldest kids take care of the younger kids - helpin them bathe, dress and eat, taking them out to play, etc, and not always through choice. Lots of keeping an eye on younger kids while mum/dad is busy, lots of 'helping' with chores like laundry and washing up and general cleaning. When old enough add in babysitting while parents are out doing church stuff mostly but sometimes just having time together away from the home.

This has gone on since forever but in this day and age of convenience (electric home appliances like vacuums, washing machines) there is no necessity for the elder kids to help out the way there was pre 1950. Pre-teens love to help mother out - it is a form of playing 'house' for real. Come the teenage years the help is expected but not so readily offered, this is the time that older sisters come to resent their 'responsibilities' and their families. Especially in mormon families it is always the oldest daughters that 'share' mother's workload due to gender roles perpetuated by doctrine, although it happens in no-mormon families too, however large non-religious families are not as common as large religious ones. In my experience in Scotland, mothers with large broods are generally single and their kids run riot outdoors in the streets with no discipline nor any fear of being disciplined. These families are car crash families and often end with kids in care or leading criminal lifestyles before they are even teens. It is very sad.

Having more kids than you can cope with and care for is incredibly selfish and in most cases downright abusive, yet women in tscc are regularly pressured by other women into having more kids than they should.

Posted by: guppie ( )
Date: September 18, 2016 01:25PM

I wanted to do a gut check on this one, so I found one of her facebook group pages.

Her "invite" for her son's viewing:

"Feel free to come!!!!!!"

No verbal emotional "affect" (like a sociopath). No expression of grief. I know people handle things differently, but she set up a funding page and is responding to posts about the death like it's no loss at all. It's off.

Earlier in the week on her fb,

Hundreds of words, most of them about how hard her kids are for her, with many exclamation marks. She talks about how much "chaos," she's "no saint," how hard it is to "keep her cool," - many of these types of comments. Her kids are all about me me me me me me me.

It seriously reminded me of Diane Downs. Seriously.

Date: September 18, 2016 01:54PM

The journal is even creepier.

She put a picture of her dead baby in the FB group.

Posted by: primarypianist ( )
Date: September 18, 2016 05:45PM

Well, it's no big deal, cause she'll just shit out another one.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: September 19, 2016 12:34AM

I know someone who is trying to head down this road. Thankfully her body isn't going along with it. She keeps having miscarriages.

Her Dr. told her to stop and let her body recover, so she fired the Dr.

He goal was to have a baby every year. She had 3 and then 2 miscarriages. She hadn't planned on that. I'm so grateful for her kids that she already has that they got a break if mom wanted one or not.

She's assigned her kids roles for whom they'll be as they grow up, it's disturbing. #1 is the smart and helpful one. #2is Satan and the Devils child. She gets punished for doing things that every normal child her age does. It breaks my heart. This child is exceptionally beautiful and smart. I think her narcissist mother is jealous. #3 is the sweet perfect one that does no wrong, ever.

Mom is overly obsessed with perfection and weight is big on her list. She's worried about her new born babies getting too fat.She monitors every bite they take. She herself is anorexic. This really worries me for the kids. I don't think they get enough food. They're sick a lot. '

I hope her body keeps rebelling and won't let her have any more kids.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2016 12:58PM by madalice.

Date: September 19, 2016 03:58AM

My heart bleeds for Kid #2 in this family. They're all screwed, but I don't see how #2 has much of a chance of emerging from childhood with even her head still attached to her body. Poor innocent children, all victims to the ideology that anyone who CAN, may have children.

madalice Wrote:
> I know someone who is trying to head down this
> road. Thankfully her body isn't going along with
> it. She keeps having miscarriages.
>
> Her Dr. told her to stop and let her body recover,
> so she fired the Dr.
>
> He goal was to have a baby every year. She had 3
> and then 2 miscarriages. She hadn't planned on
> that. I'm so grateful for her kids that she
> already has that they got a break if mom wanted
> one or not.
>
> She's got her kids all assigned rolls for whom
> they'll be as they grow up, it's disturbing. #1 is
> the smart and helpful one. #@ is Satan and the
> Devils child. She gets punished for doing things
> that every normal child her age does. It breaks my
> heart. This child is exceptionally beautiful and
> smart. I think her narcissist mother is jealous.
> #3 is the sweet perfect one that does no wrong
> ever.
>
> Mom is overly obsessed with perfection and weight
> is big on her list. She's worried about her new
> born babies getting too fat. The monitors every
> bite they take. She herself is anorexic. This
> really worries me for the kids. I don't think they
> get enough food. They're sick a lot. '
>
> I hope her body keeps rebelling and won't let her
> have any more kids.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: September 19, 2016 12:59PM

Wow, I can tell I wrote this late at night.lol. Went back and fixed a few things. Still the same story though.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: September 19, 2016 01:11PM

Anouk mentioned having way too many kids is considered selfish...the church uses that bit on folks who elect not to have kids or limit the number...as in all things church you cant win...whatever happens its wrong...or gawds will...or you didnt read ot study or pray or pay enough...my folks sure should have done more of that...might a left less time for wanton conjugating...some day ill give my folks a break...right after that joe guy...might take a while

Date: September 20, 2016 01:39AM

So now there's a picture of a coffin donated for the baby's burial. It's a beautiful coffin. I guess I just can't wrap my head around the fact that a week ago, this mom was crowing about how healthy and strong her baby was and now he's dead. And she's all over Facebook. I know people grieve in different ways. Maybe she's still in shock.

Date: January 31, 2017 03:28AM

Here's an update. Someone asked the mommy how her baby died. This was her response.

You may, my boy died of asphyxiation. Some how he got gum in his mouth and inhaled it into his lungs. I was only two feet away. We are still completely lost as to how he even got a hold of it. Gum is something that has never been allowed in my house. The kids get a hold of it and it makes a terrible mess. We don't even know where it came from. He was our sweet angel!!! I really feel that God took him home because He needed him for a mission on the other side.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: January 31, 2017 10:02AM

Wow, that makes it sound like God gave the baby the gum.

This is heartbreaking.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: January 31, 2017 10:20AM

It sounds like her house is chaotic and dangerous.

Posted by: pickleweed ( )
Date: January 31, 2017 04:04AM

She called her baby Kolob?????? Poor poor thing...

Posted by: Phil in Roy ( )
Date: January 31, 2017 10:10AM

Oh come on. This nothing but a scam. It is total BS. I am amazed that not one person who has commented previously has even thought that this whole story is made up just to poke fun at every one of you. All of you are taking as absolute TBM gospel that This Woman's story and her Facebook post are true. Facebook is nothing but lies and places for people to make up stories to read other people up. You all need to question this original post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2017 10:43AM by Phil in Roy.

Date: January 31, 2017 11:09AM

No, it's real. There was an obituary and everything. And there were pictures of the dead baby.

Incidentally, I found out about it on Facebook, but the story was posted off of Facebook. Saw lots of pictures of the baby in the hospital, too.

Here's his obit.

http://www.jenkins-soffe.com/obituary/Kolob-Angel-Wright/West-Jordan-UT/1655528

She even has a YouTube channel for him.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO4EfmnXvFGOHQb5dgQscTA

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2017 11:13AM by knotheadusc.

Date: January 31, 2017 12:03PM

Date: January 31, 2017 12:05PM

Okay, fine. I really can't believe that this is true. I feel so sorry for all of those children with those names. Topsana mahonri Micah Matias mathoni Malachi Phoebe.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: January 31, 2017 12:13PM

Still, she laid a child down on a blanket and it choked to death. How many of us laid our babies who couldn't crawl down on a blanket while we were doing chores? Maybe it was just me. I was pretty young and naive when I had babies. I also had kids too fast, and had no clue what I was doing. I was just doing what I had been told was my reason for being in this world in possession of a uterus.

But I would have wanted to die if that had happened to me. I can't even imagine what that mother, no matter how clueless she might be, went through. I sure wish I'd been more of a perfect parent like y'all.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.