Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: eunice ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 07:33PM

Last month, I posted about a relative's hard-lined FHE:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1856853,1856955#msg-1856955

Well, today in an email this same relative shared this lovely rundown of a recent stake women's conference for the Queen Creek, AZ area. Waiting to see if anyone responds that the same message is being shared in their areas or if this is an isolated example of nutt-fuckery last days fanatacism:

Begin quote: "I’m really curious to get some feedback from all of you regarding your wards and stakes. I’m wondering how unique our situation is, or if this scenario is becoming wide spread. About 10 years ago Elder Eyring came to Queen Creek Stake and gave a promise regarding the Queen Creek area to the members living there. We’ve heard all about it from many people, especially when we first moved here. Yesterday I went to Women’s Conference for our stake and our Stake Presidency gave some amazing talks which I want to reference. The first talk was given by President Morris who is the 1st counselor in the stake presidency. He actually read what (then) Elder Eyring said in that stake conference. This is what I was able to get down in my notes:

As the spiritual whirlwinds rain down on the world, Queen Creek will be a spiritual and physical gathering place and a refuge of physical and spiritual safety. Thousands and tens of thousands of people will continue to gather here as they are called to come—not knowing exactly why just that they are supposed to be here. Some may think they came here because the housing was affordable. But it will be the call of the Lord. Obedience of the members will bring sanctification. Having faith and testimony in our covenants will also bring this about. This will become a sacred place and a place of safety. Power will come from the officers and members of the stake. Queen Creek will be a refuge and a defense from the storm (this is said three different times). You will remember this day and what was said. Peace and safety and power will come upon us as we keep the commandments. Our children and children’s children will remember the peace they had here and will want to come back and live here. Great miracles and power of the priesthood will occur in our homes as we are obedient and keep our covenants. When things look darkest keep the faith, for He will come.

We have stories of people who got in their car and drove until their money ran out and ended up in Queen Creek. We have others who the spirit told to sell their business and move to Queen Creek. And everything in between. There is a fire burning in our stake which I have never felt or seen before.

Our Stake president spoke at the end of the conference and said that there is an increase in strength and power in our stake that has increased in intensity this year. The Lord is waiting on us to be sanctified so that He can come. As the whirlwinds of Satan increase so will the Power of God. Zion needs to be established but first there must be a cleansing of his church. The Faithful will be tried and tested, many who do not have the strength of testimony to hold fast to their covenants will fall away. He said you may already have neighbors, friends and family members who have left the church. This is not the time to leave the church! The times are winding down, the Lords purposes are rushing forward. We need to do our part to help bring forth Zion. His opinion is that we will see much of this occur in our lifetime.

I couldn’t get home fast enough to share with my family all that was talked of during this conference! Are any of you experiencing anything similar?" End quote

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 10:04PM

That is going to need some heavy duty Tin foil!

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 10:18PM

This requires a careful analysis. Unfortunately I can't at the moment, as I'm really getting behind on my masturbation schedule.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 10:48PM

Good one, Bro!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 30, 2016 10:40PM

Zion-lite

Date: August 30, 2016 10:54PM

Well, this sounds like some pretty heavy shit thrown at the members. I'm wondering if the Brethren are hunkering down in the bunker with all the negative publicity they've been receiving--the more Mormonism is exposed, the more outrageous its claims become. Then again, maybe Erying just got too much sun on his bald pate and rambled on like a rake in heat! The Boner.

Date: August 30, 2016 11:12PM

Or the church owns a ton of land in that area?

Like when the church was having trouble moving the City Creek condos, probably because you couldn't buy, only lease (for 99 years) the condo units. So Boyd the "rhoid" got up in GC and said that there'd be no second coming for at least two, and possibly three more generations.

I'm sure the afossils knew that the salesforce would be using this in their sales pitches come Monday.

Posted by: eunice ( )
Date: August 31, 2016 07:38PM

Another sister-in-law responded. She lives in very Mormon Southeast Mesa. I love how her ward has had 4 very TBM families leave the church within the last 9 months :)

Quote: "We haven't heard anything quite so dramatic as that in our stake conferences but our one this last month was all about building up a financial reserve and getting our lives (both spiritual and temporal) in order to weather "the storms ahead"...

One kind of dramatic thing that has happened in our very strong ward in the last 9 months is we have had 4 very active, faithfully-served in their callings, temple marriage-type families completely leave the church. Four!! In less than a year! I don't remember that happening in any Ward I've ever lived in. (Maybe one family would leave every couple years or something.) Two of these families (2 kids each) have even gotten baptized in other churches. We had two less 8-year-old baptisms this summer than what we had planned because of this.
It is truly the separating of the wheat from the tares. All these families left for similar reasons. It's time to dig deep and see "Who's on the Lord's Side, Who?" Without a firm, anchored testimony in Jesus Christ and not the mortal, flawed men (and women) who physically lead the church on earth in this last dispensation we cannot withstand the trials of faith that these last days will bring to us and our families.
And the Book of Mormon teaches us this again and again." End quote

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: August 31, 2016 11:12PM

"There is a fire burning in our stake which I have never felt or seen before."

Oh no! Their stake is burning down! Soon they will have to combine it with another.

Date: August 31, 2016 11:22PM

I'd like my stake medium rare, please.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: August 31, 2016 11:50PM

I prefer them so rare that they don't exist.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: September 01, 2016 10:33PM

It's global warming. Queen's Creek is a barren, no-man's land where everything not sheltered dies.

It's the last place people would gather for the burning of the non-believers (or sorting believers and non-believers, whatever).

Perhaps the people needed a little pick-me-up. NOthing to get the juices flowing like a "we have been selected/we are special" talk.

Kathleen

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: September 01, 2016 01:15AM

I lived in Gilbert for a while. We had our share of year 2000 preppers who were absolutely sure that at the turn of the millenium, society would fall apart. One family, who made their living selling generators and emergency stuff, were preparing to move to some remote corner of the country so they'd survive the apocalypse.

I wonder if they were disappointed when the Y2K came and went without disaster (except for giving up their home, moving far from their friends, losing their credibility, and presumably losing their best incentives for people to buy their products).

Myself, I spent extra time at the cannery and bought the rest of my standard church issue food storage, just in case.

I do think there is an element of Mormon extremism in AZ. Not everybody. There were some really nice people there. But sounds like somebody over in Queen Creek thinks they're pretty special. And this is just another version of "No REALLY. THIS time it really IS the last days!"

I've been hearing this stuff since the 70s. Seriously. Doesn't anybody in the church remember yesteryear's dire predictions that didn't pan out?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2016 01:17AM by imaworkinonit.

Posted by: nigga-hah ( )
Date: September 01, 2016 04:11AM

"this is not the time to leave the church!"

please pretty peeese pretty pretty pweese dont leave! its not time! ill let you know when that time is i promise! and i will be never for behold, the writer of this post got very baked and started to forget hat he was talki

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: September 01, 2016 04:31AM

Hold still while we fleece you.

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: September 01, 2016 06:37AM

Know what you need to start up any new Utopia? Water. Wanna start a Mormon Utopia? Do it in the Upper Peninsula. If property is cheap in Queen Creek, it's because it's an up and coming shit-hole. Maybe people want Queen Creek because they also get Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Steve Benson's favorite law keeper.

Date: September 01, 2016 09:08PM

"Do it in the Upper Peninsula." There was a group of breakaway Mormons who settled Deer Island in the upper middle of Lake Michigan--The Strangites (sp?). Try Googling their name. They have a very nice website explaining their beliefs. Boner.

Posted by: dimmesdale ( )
Date: September 01, 2016 09:30AM

Those stake leaders are going to be given a job in the Utah area and "called" to the seventies.

That's what happened to our SP when he "had a vision" that temples would flood our area.

p.s. That was 20 years ago, and there are no temples here.

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: September 01, 2016 08:51PM

Well, I think it's pretty clear tha--

Hold on, I'm getting a message; it's Gawd! He says...he says I need to move to Queen Creek, AZ.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: September 01, 2016 09:46PM

It's a trick that never grows old.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: September 01, 2016 11:26PM

Phoenix is a city that has grown faster than the rest of the nation. Lots of people have flocked there during the 1900's. It's a 20th century boom town. Lots of speculation happened there and the bubble burst affected it more than other places in the country. But now the market has come back alive.

But people came because of money, not Mormonism.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.