Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 03:53PM

I have finished up with my first week of school with a couple of bumps like my mom being in the hospital and my dad needing to go up there and be with her. I just got to get myself organized and I think all is well.

Something interesting did happen today though right after my first class which is located in a computer lab. My professor got done with the lecture part of the class early and allowed us to work on some of the work that we have due with in the next week or so. After awhile, we were dismissed but we were allowed to hang out and do some work if we needed to before the next class had to come in and start. Well the professor steps out for a moment and then came back in with another professor from one of the offices down the hall and had ask two girls in the back row to show the teachers their work stations. Apparently someone caught wind that these two girls where trying to cheat on a upcoming quiz or something and were looking the answers up via google. Since I was sitting a couple of rows up from them, I have no clue what they were working on or who or what ratted them out but both girls were pretty much were told to go to the second professor's office for a chat.

I am not sure what the outcome was but I guess I will find out on Tuesday. All I know was that I had a good conversation with a couple of my other classmate who were there at the time and were predicting on what might happen to the two of them.

So I am off to drink some coffee and do some homework.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 04:06PM

Good for you!! I hope it all goes as smoothly as the first week.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 04:15PM

if they can google the answer, more power to them. That should be a good thing? I guess not in the big brother world of who owns the knowledge. We must bow our heads and be greatfull for their magnificence.

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 05:09PM

Yeah I would figure it would be okay because all the quizzes and stuff are online so what would stop someone from doing it at home anyway but I also don't know all the details with what went down and how they even got themselves caught because it happen pretty fast. I do know that the girl in front of them said that they were talking about it during the lecture so they could of gotten themselves ratted out to the professor who in turn went and got another professor to act as a witness for disciplinary reasons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2016 05:12PM by kativicky.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.