Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 08:14AM

Looks like a very high ranking general who was in charge of EUCOM here in Stuttgart has been caught swinging...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/08/24/new-details-show-how-swinger-army-generals-double-life-cost-him-his-career/89220810/

Because adultery is punishable in the Army, he will probably lose rank as he retires. I think I read that he is also a relative of Mormon Apostle David B. Haight, who died in 2004.

This is a pretty big deal. I feel sorry for the guy's family... especially his wife.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2016 08:18AM by knotheadusc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 08:30AM

Another BY Woo grad exposed. He was just following Joseph Smiths example. Should we be surprised?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2016 08:30AM by dejavue.

Date: August 25, 2016 09:21AM

The bigger they are, the harder they fall...

Posted by: Tempe ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 09:46AM

"Wise man has the power...to reason away"

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 10:11AM

Not just the lies & embarrassment to his family. This guy could've done serious long term damage to our country & caused loss of life of soldiers had the Russians capitalized from learning his lifestyle. All over some "strange". Perhaps, if the guy was allowed to get laid, like most normal college guys & experienced a little more variety before getting married in college, he may not have felt that he needed affairs & swinging.

Date: August 25, 2016 10:31AM

That is very true.

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: August 26, 2016 10:36AM

"This guy could've done serious long term damage to our country & caused loss of life of soldiers had the Russians capitalized from learning his lifestyle."

You mean sorta like a government official who sends classified government info over a personal e-mail account on a private server that could be hacked by hostile agents?

Posted by: Kaitlyn ( )
Date: August 26, 2016 10:43AM

as if government servers never get hacked

Posted by: Elders Quorum Drop-out ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 10:43AM

Adultery in the military is almost as common and Joe's affairs. Almost....

But he wont lose rank over it, they just may force retire. Commissioned officers can't exactly lose rank, but they can have it to where they never get promoted again.

When I was in Afghanistan my last tour, my girlfriend at the time was a Captain. She got in trouble for dating a lowly Sgt like me and they made it to where she could not get promoted. Since she couldn't advance, her career was virtually over.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 11:00AM

Commissioned officers can lose rank and pay. Adultery may be common, but it's still an actionable offense, especially if a complaint is brought by a civilian. Your situation was fraternization, could have been kicked out if it was adultery. Here's a quick list of some heavy hitters that lost rank & pay.

Major General Thomas J. Fiscus – demoted to Colonel after being found to have had numerous affairs with various women.
Vice Admiral Tim Giardina – reverted to Rear Admiral in connection with illegal gambling activities.
Major General Michael T. Harrison – demoted to Brigadier General for failing to investigate a sexual assault.
Brigadier General Richard S. Hassan – demoted to Colonel after being found to have sexually harassed female subordinates, engaged in unprofessional relationships and created a hostile work environment.
Brigadier General Janis Karpinski – demoted to Colonel for her role in the Abu Ghraib torture and prisoner abuse.

Posted by: maizyday ( )
Date: August 29, 2016 03:20AM

BG Jeffrey Sinclair also lost rank. Down to a Lieutenant Colonel, O-5, I believe. (That's down 2 pay-grades.) For adultery/affair with a subordinate officer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2016 03:22AM by maizyday.

Posted by: somnambulist ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 11:08AM

He will not be able to retire as maj. gen., so yeah he will lose rank.

Posted by: Heathen ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 11:08AM

Former Army officer here...have seen situations similar.

He sure as hell can be demoted for this; in fact I will be shocked if he is just allowed to retire.

Posted by: Elders Quorum Drop-out ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 11:32AM

Hmm. Did not know that. I was told by my BC that she couldn't lose rank because she was commissioned. Liar. I, on the other hand, lost rank. Rule #1: Don't fraternize no matter how hot she is. haha

Date: August 25, 2016 11:50AM

Oh yeah. He may end up a colonel. That means a retirement of about $99,000 a year instead of $123,000.

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: August 26, 2016 10:37AM

"He may end up a colonel. That means a retirement of about $99,000 a year instead of $123,000."

Aw, the poor baby.

Our tax dollars at work.

Posted by: M ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 11:29AM

From the article

Haight is also a distant relation of an apostle of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I'm assuming David b. Haight who interviewed all the missionaries in my mission and specially asked each one of us in the eye if we masturbated.

Posted by: You Too? ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 02:37PM

Aren't the Haights, the Hinckleys and the Huntsmans also intermarried?

Not that I have anything against swinging . . . er a . . . celestial marriage.

Date: August 25, 2016 02:48PM

Yup.

And you can bet he asked people about their sex habits in private interviews...

Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 03:42PM

and you can bet that at one time this guy was at least a Bishop at some point in the last thirty years.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 03:55PM

WOWZER. I mean, an affair is one thing, but this guy is total sleaze. Lived a completely double life.

I know what it's like to be a totally oblivious mormon wife who finds out her husband has been cheating on her. It's so humiliating to think back on the bazillion things that would have been huge red flags to any normal woman who had a lick of sense. But when you're married in the temple, both have church jobs and your life is all about your kids and the church, and you think your sex life is fairly normal, it just never crosses your mind that you should be suspicious of anything.

Then when you find out and you think back on everything that happened right in front of your face you just want to curl up and die. It would have to be so much harder for his wife with him being in such a public position. But it's just part of the whole mormon mindfuck of trying to train members to deny their sexuality and that they have the same kinds of sexual appetites as anybody would have. Instead of spending so much time trying to teach denial, they should teach sexual responsibility, real respect, communication, and give people the space to explore these things before they jump into marriage and find out that it doesn't live up to the hype they've been raised with.

Date: August 26, 2016 01:34AM

Frankly, I think it's sad that a lot of hardworking, decent people in the military get passed over for promotion in favor of narcissistic scumbags with zipper problems. There have been too many high profile cases like this one.

But, I guess once you get to a certain level in the military, you pretty much have to have narcissistic tendencies to succeed.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.