Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: icanbemenow ( )
Date: August 24, 2016 03:14PM

Hey, I feel like I haven't posted in a while. For those who are curious, I was able to register for classes. Per your suggestions, I looked at the local community college for online courses and that worked really well. I started today.
I also came out as bisexual to my mom. She had no idea that I had attraction to girls. Luckily it wasn't so hard for her because I am happily married and she doesn't have to see me with girls since I have no intention of divorcing right now. She remarked that I need to try harder and stop watching rated R movies.

Now, to my rant.
It occurred to me today that the "Tunnel Vision" I see talked about on occasion here is a very real thing. Mormons have one way of thinking. Only their religion can bring true happiness. Only their door is the right option. In my mind, I see mormons stomping through, one by one, through a path with chain link fences on either side of them. They walk through the only door that rests at the end of their path with fake smiles plastered on their faces. They look happy.
In reality, there are SO MANY DOORS that lead to happiness. Not every person is the same, just like not every door is the same. Life is about finding the right door that fits you.
I hate mormonism because they are taught to force and belittle others into fitting into their door, their mold. They have the best door. The only one to lead to true happiness.
It's bullshit.
Do what you want to do. Be happy doing what you want to do. Don't let anyone try to force you into something that doesn't work for you.
Thank God I escaped.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2016 03:14PM by icanbemenow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 24, 2016 03:33PM

Spot on about the one door philosophy. You can be happy any which way you choose, but the multi-door approach wouldn't lead you to their one and only bank account.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: August 24, 2016 04:06PM

It's the door to the bishop's office.

Posted by: rubi123 ( )
Date: August 24, 2016 04:12PM

It's interesting to me that you would "come out" to your mother when you are happily married. Why fuel a fire that doesn't need to be lit? Just curious about that. Sounds like a difficult thing to do.

Posted by: icanbemenow ( )
Date: August 24, 2016 04:21PM

I wanted her to understand the issues I had with the new church policy. When I mentioned that I didn't like it she said she didn't know why I was worried about it because it didn't affect me.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 05:24AM

You can also not like things because they are unfair, unchristian, mean-spirited, etc.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.