Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: August 22, 2016 03:36PM

As if I needed something else to worry about, such is life!! It must be because I left tscc, or not.

Dermatologist said he thinks I have this and that there is nothing you can do, just try this cream maybe it will help but probably not.

He asked if I wanted a biopsy, but at that moment I didn't know what we were dealing with. He told me to go home and research and decide.

well, HOLY HELL!! Of course online are the worst cases, but that's what I have?? So needless to say I am going to get a biopsy, though it does look like this is what it is.

Just thought that was a pretty broad answer, nothing you can do about it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 22, 2016 10:47PM

Sometimes some time in a UV tanning bed will kill weird skin infections. Maybe sunshine is worth a try.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: August 22, 2016 11:05PM

It's not skin cancer. Off times its associated with diabetes.
Google it and you'll have more info on it.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 23, 2016 04:46AM

Only a good endocrinologist would know this. Dermatologists wouldn't have a clue.

Posted by: cantsay ( )
Date: August 23, 2016 04:56AM

When will you be getting the biopsy? Do you know how long it takes to get the results? This may sound cliche, but dont let anxiety get the best of you.

Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 10:43PM

Yeah, I have googled it, and it looks very miserable. Maybe I'll be lucky and it won't be that, or I won't get the ulcers that people get.

My dermatologist had to think of the name of it, so I gather he doesn't see it much.

I am having the biopsy next week but I just was thinking I maybe should find a dermy that is more familiar. Mine prescribed a cream that at least at my pharmacy is almost 1000 bucks. My insurance might cover it, but they have to get pre authorization, and if they won't I won't be getting it.

I don't care about the dark patches, I would worry about it if I got ulcers. I do have a possibility of sarcoidosis too, so that's why a biopsy will be good.

I have the spots in some really, ahem, bad places though, so if they had issues it would really mess me up. So, I hope that's not what it is.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 11:02PM

http://patient.info/health/lichen-sclerosus-leaflet

My daughter thought she had yeast!

Kathleen

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.