Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: August 22, 2016 12:49PM

I saw a notice of his death last week, and I remember being given some comp tickets to see him perform at the SouthCoast Hotel in Las Vegas when I lived there. I think it was at least 10 years ago.

He sang just standards, some that were made famous by his dad and some others. He was a decent singer, told some funny stories.

I also remember, and was surprised, when he mentioned he was happy to be in Las Vegas, to get out of Utah winter where he lived. Not sure what he was doing in Utah but I think he lived in Park City.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/deseretnews/obituary.aspx?pid=181136524

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: August 22, 2016 01:05PM

I don't think I ever met Ricci (...who knows???)...

...but I worked with his brother, Dino (who died early, in a plane crash) and Desi a lot for a couple of years. (Dino, Desi, and Billy were monthly cover shots of some kind or another for the magazines I worked for).

I wish Ricci fair winds...it was a tougher life for all of them than most people know.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: August 22, 2016 01:16PM

I have read some of their family issues over the years, and it sounds like Dean Martin was kind of an asshole, mostly to his first wife and kids.

When Dino died in 1987, flying for the California Air National Guard, I guess it just sent Dean into a downward spiral mentally and physically and he died in 1995.

Dino was also married to Dorothy Hamill and Olivia Hussey and wasn't successful with either marriage.

Someone please tell me that it's kind of pathetic that I know this stuff ...............

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: August 22, 2016 01:38PM

According to Wiki when he divorced his first wife, he got custody of the kids. So I'm not sure what was going on there.

Also, his marriage to his second wife lasted 24 years. That's pretty long.

His marriage to his third wife made him father in law to Dorothy Hamill and Olivia Hussey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Martin

I'm not sure how happy his marriages were. But I sort of recall seeing a documentary of his life where his kids said he was a good dad. I'll keep looking.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 22, 2016 01:11PM

His sister Deana is still singing last I heard.

Very sorry to see another one go.

Posted by: Liz ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 12:16PM

Me too.

Posted by: Liz ( )
Date: March 16, 2017 12:14PM

Saw 4 of Ricci,s shows and was I pressed by his connection ti on with the audience. Just like we were family. Ricci will be missed.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.