Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 22, 2016 10:54AM

Don't need an article for that.
It's because only other ex-mos understand what we went through.
And because most people, who know next to nothing about the morg, tend to not believe us when we tell them about the death gestures in the temple, the "church-before-family" shunning, and all the other nonsense we had to put up with. Unless the other person is already familiar with mormons, the response to such revelations is often, "No fucking way. I mean, I know they like lots of wives, but they're not that bat-shit crazy!"

Yeah, they are.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: August 25, 2016 04:59AM

That is the feeling of belonging to a community. No matter where you went, the "community" was always there.

But as I came to realize that the teachings were not only false, but toxic, I was willing to sacrifice the "community."

The little Christian church we attend occasionally does not have the same sense of community, but the people are nice and the young pastor is very well educated. His sermons are a joy to hear.

I sometimes feel a bit lonely without the church community, but not lonely enough to go someplace where I would not be welcome unless I wore a dress (I don't own any.) And after hearing sermons crafted by our minister, I simply cannot tolerate the mindless drivel spouted by Peter Priesthood and Molly Mormon.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.