Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: exsoeurorleans ( )
Date: July 27, 2016 04:49PM

Hello all! I was on this board a few years back after I'd found my way out of the church and everyone was very kind and helpful. I haven't been back since then, not really sure why, but recently I started visiting and reading and remembering why I liked it so much before. So now I have a question - during my time in the church I served a mission - back before the Internet existed. I'm wondering how many missionaries that I knew back then are still members of the church today? I remember there was some sort of missionary site where I signed up but can't for the life of me remember now what it was although I'm sure they don't appreciate you being on there asking who's left the church - lol! Is there any other way to find out? I'm thinking I'd probably have to go back to that site, read postings, etc. and figure out from there, but just wondered if anyone here might have a different idea?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: July 27, 2016 05:02PM

I'm not on Facebook, but from I understand if you are you can seek out people in your neighborhood, old classmates, employers, etc.

You might be able to friend some of the people you are interested and determine the information you seek.

Good luck.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 27, 2016 05:24PM

The facebook suggestion is good. Many missions have their own page.

The site you signed up for was probably linked with mission(dot)net

you can check their directory here: http://www.mission.net/cgi-bin/mission_index.cgi?action=show_all

Good luck.

Posted by: exsoeurorleans ( )
Date: July 27, 2016 07:35PM

Thanks for both suggestions! I hadn't even thought of Facebook although I'm on it and several of my former companions/flatmates are on there. They know I've left the church but surprisingly are still friends - maybe because we're separated by thousands of miles and they never have to risk being seen with me in public? Who knows? Anyway, I'll check around for some of the others I knew - don't know why that never occurred to me.

Thanks for the link to the directory too - that's the one I signed up for so I'm eager to get back in there and see what's going on!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 27, 2016 08:01PM

Tumwater, you think he's going to pay our invoices?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.