Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 27, 2016 12:33PM

https://www.mormon.org/blog/5-un-christ-like-ways-to-communicate-and-how-to-avoid-them

Communicating like Jesus Christ means infusing all that you say and do with as much love as you can muster. If you’d like to learn more about how Jesus Christ didn't communicated with others, click here to request a visit with missionaries from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and you will be interrupted at some future time and told about the negative things you are doing in your life all the while they ignore your non-verbal cues that you aren't interested in what they are saying as well as being critical of your life while forcing their personal opinions upon you about how you could better live your life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2016 12:33PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: July 27, 2016 01:11PM

Boundaries? What boundaries?

Date: July 27, 2016 01:12PM

The boundaries the prophet has set.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: July 27, 2016 01:40PM

#5: "I'm not forcing my personal opinion--I listened to that still small voice, and have an impression from the Holy Ghost, by personal revelation, to tell the revealed truth!"

Did I miss any mormon key words & phrases? :-)

Date: July 27, 2016 02:08PM

Chicken N. Backpacks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did I miss any mormon key words & phrases? :-)

You didn't miss any tender mercies.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 27, 2016 02:16PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
> Communicating like Jesus Christ means infusing all
> that you say and do with as much love as you can
> muster.

It does?

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children,and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. Luke 14:26

I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. Matthew 10:35-36

He told his followers not to call anyone a fool:

Whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. Matthew 5:22

Yet he often called his critics and disciples fools:

Ye fools and blind. Matthew 23:17, 19
Ye fools. Luke 11:40
O fools, and slow of heart to believe. Luke 24:25

And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off ... And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off ... And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. Mark 9:43-48

God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death. Matthew 15:4

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 13:41-42

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. Matthew 10:34, Luke 12:51-53

Frankly, I think you need to be doing some pretty serious cherry-picking to decide that "communicating like Jesus Christ" means only communicating with words of love. That's clearly not the case, based on the bible.

Date: July 28, 2016 10:51AM

Jesus left The Bible long ago to pursue a career in being a love god.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 28, 2016 11:23AM

Elder Berry Wrote:
> Jesus left The Bible long ago to pursue a career
> in being a love god.

:)

Judging by the number of fervent prayers offered to him to magically give christians victory in battle over non-christians, I'd say he's failed at it.

I made my comments above noting that mormons do essentially the same thing with Joseph Smith: ignore the nasty stuff about him, to praise him and consider him the model of perfect latter-day-saintfulness. Even if you consider him a "prophet" (which is ridiculous), doing so creates a cartoon Joseph Smith, not the complex, conflicted, *interesting* personality he actually was.

So many believers do the same with bible Jesus. Whether or not there was an actual Jesus, the character described in the stories wasn't meek and mild Jesus of love, it was a complex, HUMAN character who got angry, who didn't think much of enemies, who threatened unbelievers, and who promised them eternal torment, *in addition* to his expressions of love. To ignore those parts of the character is, like mormons and their cleansed Joseph Smith, to produce a cartoon that doesn't reflect the character at all.

Posted by: Shinehahbeam ( )
Date: July 28, 2016 12:02PM

Don't you know that those verses weren't translated correctly and should not be believed. Look to modern revelation for greater light and knowledge:

D&C 19:5 ...I revoke not the judgments which I shall pass, but woes shall go forth, weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth, yea, to those who are found on my left hand.

6 Nevertheless, it is not written that there shall be no end to this torment, but it is written endless torment.

15 Therefore I command you to repent—repent, lest I smite you by the rod of my mouth, and by my wrath, and by my anger, and your sufferings be sore—how sore you know not, how exquisite you know not, yea, how hard to bear you know not.

D&C 132:54 And I command mine handmaid, Emma Smith, to abide and cleave unto my servant Joseph, and to none else. But if she will not abide this commandment she shall be destroyed, saith the Lord; for I am the Lord thy God, and will destroy her if she abide not in my law.

THAT is how Jesus communicates. Now praise my post or I will hunt you down and beat you SO bad...you have no idea how bad I'm gonna f@($ you up!...then I'm going to DESTROY you!!

Wow...I'm feeling quite Christ-like already!

Posted by: atouchscreendarkly ( )
Date: July 27, 2016 04:30PM

Tell you what: you close your eyes and whisper a question to me, and just for a moment try to believe I can answer you. Shortly thereafter, if you do it right, you'll feel good feelings. That's me communicating to you like Jesus does. Yes it is, and you can't prove it isn't.

Date: July 28, 2016 10:51AM

And if you touchyourselfdarkly while you're doing it, it will feel even better.

Posted by: atouchscreendarkly ( )
Date: July 28, 2016 01:11PM

Even so. Amen.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.