Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: July 26, 2016 08:39PM

Thanks to Jerry and Cheryl who keep the Bay Area Exmos informed of these events and are the positive force that keep us going. We haven't been able to make this celebration for a couple of year and it was good to be back. Great to see old friends like Donna and Mark and renew old memories with Calico.

What a great privilege (is that old church talk?) to meet Eric K. and his beautiful wife. I didn't think I'd ever get a chance to meet them and thank Eric in person for the good he has done and for providing this forum for us to celebrate our victories, gripe about the awful TBMs in our lives, and mourn our losses. Not to mention the wonderful accumulated wisdom in the educational posts by so many favorites over the years. I think the last time I was at this event was when Flattop and Oliver were there. I missed cousin Sideon, but hey guys, we need to get together soon.

And to top it off, there were three nevermos there who grew up in Utah and came because they just like to celebrate the 24th. I found out they all lived in the same general area where I grew up. In fact, when I was at the U I walked past one of their homes (long before they were born) to catch the 13th East bus to the U campus. There were others I'd liked to get a chance to meet or chat with a bit more. Next year you guys!

I'm so happy Eric was able to come and meet with us. Thanks to all of you for being there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jerry the Aspousetate ( )
Date: July 27, 2016 08:49AM

I love that funky old place and seeing familiar faces and hearing new stories about the latest idiocies of TBM relatives.
The day before I had told Eric and his wife how sad it is when someone totally recovers and I never see them again at our parties.
But wait . . .
Is that just my twisted way of thinking?
I guess it's no wonder I'm not religious. lol
Pay Lay Alol

Posted by: donnabanta ( )
Date: July 27, 2016 09:43AM

It was a terrific party as always. Loved seeing everyone. It's great to be an exmormon in the Bay Area!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 27, 2016 10:04AM

The wine hour with delectable snacks and good conversation was the best!!

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: July 27, 2016 01:03PM

Yes--thanks to Cheryl & Jerry for organizing these events. It was wonderful to visit with them and others, and meet Eric & Cathy and hear just a bit about their lives and how they came to start exmormon.org.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: July 27, 2016 01:24PM

Thanks. It was fun. Being an introvert I sometimes struggle with being comfortable in a group. This was a great group. My wife and I enjoyed meeting everyone. Jerry and Cheryl are gracious hosts. I had met Mark and Donna many years ago in Dallas. At the time they appeared like the quintessential Mormon couple :-). It just feels good to be with folks who understand are not judgmental. We could just relax. It is a break from living in the Bible Belt. We need to escape more often...

Thanks again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2016 02:02PM by Eric K.

Posted by: Calico ( )
Date: July 27, 2016 05:52PM

It was a great time! So glad that Cheryl and Jerry organized this get together. Nice to see Phantom Shadow again, and talk to Donna , Marc and others. It was great to finally meet Eric K. After all these years, such a down to earth guy.

Wish I had met 'each and everyone' of the group. Loved the wanted poster for Lyle Jeffs. Perfect touch for the celebration!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.