Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 07:18AM

Who makes the best Mormons? Those born into the religion or adults that decide for themselves to become Mormons?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2016 07:18AM by themaster.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: minnieme ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 07:25AM

Best Mormons as in those who are hard core?

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 08:02AM

By "best", do you mean the one's that are the most TBM their entire life?

If so, I think maybe the more insulated the better. The ones with Mormons in their family history, the more the better, and practically everyone they know is Mormon. And they don't like to get online much or do social media. So it is their entire world.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 09:16AM

The Best Mormons are Ex-Mormons.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 01:09PM

The best Mormons to have a good time with are EXMO, would you like a beer with that?

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 01:42PM

Best Mormons are highly sincere, intelligent, committed, good looking, monetarily successful, and well-educated men and women who have powerful testimonies. Best Mormons drive big-black SUVs that rarely go off road or get dirty. Best Mormons own BIG homes that are always in order. The homes are designed so that the family boat has its own garage so as not to make the neighborhood unsightly.

Best Mormons typically have seven very cute, blond, very smart children who go to BYU after their world-wide missions. Best Mormons kids only date other Best Mormons kids at the Y. Everyone at the Y either is, or wants to become, a Best Mormon.

Best Mormon kids will go to prestigious Eastern graduate schools after they marry in the temple. They will earn advanced degrees and then return to Utah to live in prestigious suburbs. Best Mormon kids will be pure virgins until their wedding nights. Best Mormon kids will then produce Best Mormon grandkids. Best Mormon grandkids are the cutest blond children one ever did see!

Best Mormons love to go to Disneyland. Best Mormons like family-friendly theater. Best Mormons avoid PG-13 movies and never will see R-rated ones. Best Mormons never say naughty words. Best Mormons love talking about the church with other Best Mormons. Best Mormons pity those who aren't Best Mormons.

Best Mormons know that they are special. The Lord has blessed them exceeding. Best Mormons will sometimes try to sell you investment schemes that promise that the Lord will bless you with money. They'll tell you that you deserve it, after all, you're a Best Mormon! Best Mormons deserve all that is best in life!

For all the Best Mormons out there--Go fuck yourselves you materialistic wankers! The Best Mormon Boner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2016 01:45PM by BYU Boner.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 11:25AM

Definitely converts. Trolling for suckers is more effective than making your own. You never know how kids are going to turn out. You might get a thinker.

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 11:28AM

The ones who leave me alone!

Posted by: scaredhusband ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 11:39AM

I want to say the ones born into it. They don't know anything else. It was a miracle that I found my way out.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 01:14PM

And does it just never occur to TBMs (I know it was in my mind very early) what the odds are to be born smack dab into the middle of the One True Church on the face of the earth?

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 11:46AM

I can't think of anything.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 01:19PM

Spoke too soon.

The other night my elderly TBM mother told me about her and her friend going to lunch at the new coffee shop in the county because they heard the sandwiches were good.

Mom said, "Of course they won't do well because Mormons won't go to a coffee shop no matter what else they could have there." But she did. We are in the most Mormon county in the state.

Then I remembered, my mom and dad's best friends for a long time were a couple they had gone to school with who always had cocktails. So my dad the Stake Patriarch and my mom the RSPres always hung out with these people and their cocktails and had a ball.

Those are good Mormons. The "live and let live" kind are few and far between.

But, and there is always a BUT---they were so live and let live with everyone else, but not with their own children. All of a sudden when it comes to their own kids the most relaxed Mormons still become MormonZillas.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 01:47PM

That's a tough one.

1) The cultural "Mormons" have house rules that don't align with any doctrine or teachings. The Church has told people to only have as many children as they can afford and care for; yet cultural Mormons have more, making the older children care for the younger. Recently the corporation has made statements about being pro-immigration, pro-religious freedom in regards to Muslims, etc... Yet the cultural Mormons are voting Republican no matter what the leaders say. The cultural Mormons love to hunt and eat potatoes and meat; yet this is against the Word of Wisdom. Cultural Mormons have Treks and pioneer days that celebrate the suffering and deaths of their ancestors giving up so much; Europeans and Asian and converts just have these as faith promoting stories rather than ancestral legacies.

2) We can see that the non-cultural Mormons in Europe and Asia and Africa try to adopt their homeland, ancestral teachings into Mormonism; I suppose the Polynesians do this the most. They tend to be able to accept that white men in Utah are talking w/Jesus all the time; and this is a sort of self-hatred that is sad to see. So the convert seems to give up more and turn their lives more towards God, Jesus, Joseph Smith, etc... on blind faith, rather than on foolish traditions like Treks and Pioneer worship.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2016 01:48PM by dydimus.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 01:49PM

.... the worst kind of people.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.