Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 01:02AM

This is a Mama Dragons son.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 01:09AM

How awful.

The Mormon church likes to say that gays have a seat at their table, but it's really just a seat at the kids' table, or a seat in a different room altogether.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 01:21AM

That's a good metaphor, Summer, the adult at the kid's table, all scrunched up in a too-small chair, with urchins on either side, looking up at him, while all the adults sit languidly at their sumptuous table, completely ignoring him... I think it's a devastating metaphor.

I hate smug, self-absorbed asshole afossils. Yeah, I'd meet with one, but I'd stop at the bank to get a couple of rolls of quarters and bring along my wet weather golf gloves.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 02:09PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's a good metaphor, Summer, the adult at the
> kid's table, all scrunched up in a too-small
> chair, with urchins on either side, looking up at
> him, while all the adults sit languidly at their
> sumptuous table, completely ignoring him... I
> think it's a devastating metaphor.
>
> I hate smug, self-absorbed asshole afossils.
> Yeah, I'd meet with one, but I'd stop at the bank
> to get a couple of rolls of quarters and bring
> along my wet weather golf gloves.

Yes yes and yes.....

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 01:34AM

When is too many enough?

Posted by: blakballoon ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 07:40AM

Indeed
Yes, how many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry ?
Yes, how many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people haVe died?

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 02:29AM

One mother who won't accept the Q15's anti LGBT policy could be the Church's worst nightmare. A highly motivated crusader might drag them through the courts like nobody's business.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 07:09AM

The best result would be for entire families to leave the church over the evil teachings of the lords annointed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2016 07:09AM by themaster.

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 11:19AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2016 11:20AM by abby.

Posted by: minnieme ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 07:33AM

I still have a problem with the whole concept of Mama Dragons. I just feel like if you have a kid that is gay get him and your family the hell out of that church and if you are really a Mama Dragon stand between him and any other bigoted judgemental douchebag who comes your way.

I just want to throw up.

Posted by: Heding ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 01:45PM

Get your kid away from the Church, it's evil.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 08:06PM

I agree, I have a problem with many of the New Order Mormons that stay in the church. Affirmation, Mormons for Equality, Mama Dragons, etc...

The problem is that they're basically asking the abuser to be more gentle.

Yet, where are the Mama Dragons for all of the females? They're taught that their only worth is child bearing and rearing up good Mormons. Where are the Mama Dragons for all of the different races? Where are the Mama Dragons for all of the men sent on missions that don't have testimonies or are perpetuating the lies just to fulfill familial obligations and the parents plan?

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 08:37PM

"The problem is that they're basically asking the abuser to be more gentle."

Thank you

That is exactly what they aren't seeing. They are still enabling. They are still part of the problem.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 11:46PM

I don't get that whole mama D thing either.

You're either with your kids, or you aren't. Call that black and white thinking, i'm ok with it in this case.

I couldn't support a group that was tormenting my child while at the same time saying I'm all for my child. It makes no sense.

It's like saying I love and support cancer while at the same time i'm going through chemo to kill it. SO, which is it?

IMO, calling yourself a MD is crazy making for their children.

Date: June 29, 2016 10:30AM

Thank you. I can't get enough of these kinds of words.

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 10:40AM

Heartbreaking and totally senseless. The Mormon church is a harmful cult.

Date: June 28, 2016 11:03AM

All lurking Mormon parents with a gay child need to go now to the Biography Board and read sid 143-part one. This is a parent who loved their child.

There should be no more to the equation. Love. Child.

End of story. If you are adding the Mormon church to the mix when it comes to loving your gay child, you do not know love.

Go. Read. sid 143.

Mormon love is not love.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2016 01:36PM by blueorchid.

Date: June 29, 2016 06:13AM

blueorchid,
I tried doing a search for sid 143 so I could read the bio but it said there were no results. Is sid 143 the author? I assumed so.

Date: June 29, 2016 10:17AM

Thanks blakballoon. I guess I put a space where there shouldn't have been one.

Date: June 29, 2016 02:11PM

I have to applaud this guy for standing up for what his conscience was telling him, I know how easy it is to ignore it even after you see the damage that it causes, all in the name of following the prophet.

I think back on conversations that I had with my biological father and feel like absolute shit. I was a sanctimonious little jerk. I wish I'd been more thoughtful, kind.

So, I can't leave it alone. I just can't, every time I have an opportunity to rail against the church or pass on something I feel compelled to do it. I don't know, maybe because I ignored that nagging voice so many times and feel like I have to make up for it. I even know that Mormons aren't the only bigots to treat people like this I know there are other religions that are just as awful.

But, I guess because I was a part of mormonism and not a baptist or southern methodist or any other awful bigoted religion I just can't leave it alone.

That's not to say that I don't speak out against bigotry or hatred whatever the source, because I will. Just really hate that mormon part.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 01:14PM

Even ONE is too many.

Posted by: YUP ( )
Date: July 24, 2016 09:25PM

TQB.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 02:32PM

Somehow we have to teach our children that they are worthwhile and loved unconditionally. Unfortunately, our juvenile facilities are fill of teenagers that have not been nurtured in a positive way. Religion as well as terrible parenting (drug and alcohol abuse) often leaves children with no out.

Posted by: kjensen ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 10:06PM

The following link should be required for every church, preacher, layperson, bishop, parents, etc. Constant reiteration of the "you're living sin" or "we love the sinner, but not the sin" is psychologically devastating for LGBT persons. For all of its protestations to the contrary, religious teachings do far more harm than good. With folks like Bednar, there is no homosexuality in the church, running the show, every parent with an LGBT child, should head for the door of the church and never return. I'm reminded of a story where Alfred Hitchcock saw a priest approaching a child as he drove down the street, supposedly he rolled down the window and yelled to the child, "run, run." http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2016/06/24/3791329/homosexuality-sin-consequences/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=tptop3&utm_term=3&utm_content=53&elqTrackId=c86d1cbb57ba449286c6f196df399315&elq=f75c6d68bd604439909f48238317d339&elqaid=30597&elqat=1&elqCampaignId=5893

Posted by: nightwolf983 ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 11:26PM

Thanks for the link. I really enjoyed reading it. I'm going to share it with my mormon family, though I doubt it will change anything I hope it will at least make them think a little.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 10:52PM

Reportedly one more now, in north Utah County.

Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: June 29, 2016 12:55AM

Where exactly is this posted? What other forum?

Posted by: 4today ( )
Date: June 29, 2016 05:01AM

Does that make it three this week?
A young man from Davis county, another young man from Utah county, and a bisexual teen from St. George.

So much unnecessary pain. Poor kids. Poor families.

This is evil. Pure and simple

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 29, 2016 02:23PM

It is bothersome that TBMs seem to have no trouble reconciling these effects of ghawd's one true church as being the way ghawd wants things to happen.

But then I guess ghawd always has been something of a smoter and a smiter...

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 29, 2016 02:32PM

I've never quite understood Mama Dragons either. I am fb friends with a mama dragon who left the LDS church, but I wasn't sure if all of them have left or not.

The way I see it, as long as you continue to practice/believe mormonism, you are supporting your child's abuser. What kind of message does that send your child? I think it is a worse message than the church is sending your child.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: July 25, 2016 01:16AM

:( sad

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.