Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: June 27, 2016 08:04PM

Hey everyone, Dad and I are back home from spending another day at the hospital with Mom and she is doing better. Here is the link to the other thread if you happened to miss what was going on. http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1838063

So for the update, Mom is doing better. The tube that they put in the other day actually came up and they were going to try and put it back in but mom wouldn't let them. She did start passing gas and eventually was able to have a bowel movement. Despite this being a natural thing, for my mom, this is a big thing because it means that her bowels are doing what they are supposed to do and that stuff is actually starting to be able to get through pass where the inflammation is. On the way home, Mom texted me and told me that they were going to give her some broth and jello to see how that does and if that doesn't bother her, they will move her up to something solid.

Matt, to answer your question about the Codeine, they probably wouldn't give her any because she has a sensitivity to it but they were giving her something for the pain though but I don't know what.

Again, thanks for the well wishes. Hopefully, tomorrow, when Dad and I go up to the hospital, we will be able to bring her home with us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2016 08:05PM by kativicky.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: June 27, 2016 08:17PM

I hope her recovery continues apace and she's back home soon!

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: June 27, 2016 08:29PM

Still sending good thoughts to all of you. Make sure you and your dad are taking care of yourselves, too. Because if your mother is the kind of lady who is a mother hen, she will worry about you guys if you are not taking care of yourselves, when she needs to be saving her energy for her recovery.

YEA for the passing of gas, and yes, that is a good vital sign.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 01:45AM

If she's getting some of her feistiness back, that's a good thing! I hope that she continues to progress.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 01:55AM

>
> Matt, to answer your question about the Codeine,
> they probably wouldn't give her any because she
> has a sensitivity to it but they were giving her
> something for the pain though but I don't know
> what.

Fentanyl is sometimes prescribed when severe pain is associated with an intestinal condition.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 02:06AM

Very good to know that she's now on the right track!!!

I hope her continued healing is as painless as it can possibly be.

My best wishes go out to all of you.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 02:39AM

I'm happy for you and for her. Whoever reads this will join in sending good wishes.

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 09:44AM

Big Ole Smiley Face for you. :)

Wonderful news.

Date: June 28, 2016 12:46PM

Dad and I get to take Mom home today. Now that she has been pooping like she is suppose to, they have been giving her food. She is going to have lunch here at the hospital just to make sure she is good before they offically discard her.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 02:47PM

It's so difficult to see a parent in distress. My best wishes for a good recovery. Fortunately, most of the time, we have excellent medical care!

Date: June 28, 2016 07:34PM

Hey everyone, we officially have mom home now so no more back and forth for 1 1/2 each way to the hospital. I am really tired right now and both my leg and back is really stiff and sore from sitting for so long these past few days. Thankfully I have tomorrow off so I can get rest up to go back to work on Thursday.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.