Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 01:38AM

I didn't want to talk to them so I didn't answer. They rang the doorbell twice. Then they knocked. It annoyed me they tried that many times.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cpete ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 01:48AM

What is wanted?

Posted by: blakballoon ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 02:09AM

The sister mishie's came to our door the other day as well. My DH answered it. I didn't hear the convo but as he walked back past me he mumbled..'I told them it wasn't a good time'.

Thanks babe:)

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 02:28AM

I live in one of the many perfect areas. No soliciting is allowed, period! Nobody is allowed to go door to door for any reason whatsoever. Even if they say they have permission of the management, they don't. They are lying!

So I have total freedom from LDS Missionaries going door to door at this house since we owned it since 1999!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 02:31AM

my fences and gates seem to do a good job of keeping them off the property.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 03:43AM

We all have a 1999 % right to determine who may come to our doors or come into our homes.

It isn't rude to ban anyone for any reason and that includes religious nutcases.

Posted by: Imbolc ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 11:07AM

Sister missionaries came to my door too, a few days ago. I didn't answer. I never answer the door to anyone I'm not expecting.

Then they walked across the street to the neighbor's who was in his garage working, so they had a captive audience. Poor dude. But he never turned his radio down and they stood like half way down his driveway. My husband saw them like that and said it was strange they were talking to him from such a distance. I told him I thought it was because they couldn't be "inside" with a single male. He thought it was just weird. They were over there talking loudly to him for a good 15-20 minutes.

And this was in 90+ degrees out, middle of the day. Not a smart thing to do. Especially since most people aren't even home during the middle of the day during the week.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 01:58PM

We don't have that problem. We live too far out in the boonies.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 02:29PM

The days of their door-to-door tracting are numbered.It's a colossal waste of time for all concerned. Modern, savvy con-artists use the internet for their scams. The morg is always two steps behind.

Posted by: Oregonboy ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 02:32PM

They knocked on my door, two sister missionaries, they said they wanted to share a sacred book. I told them that we are Christians and that we attend the 4square church and that we are not interested in what you are saying. Then shut the door.

Posted by: Johnny Canuck ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 07:33PM

I do not answer the door when I am not expecting callers. Ditto for the phone and unrecognized numbers.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.