Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: June 24, 2016 08:16PM

I've been wondering how it works out for TBM wives that remarry another TBM after divorcing their husbands who stopped believing in the sham.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: June 24, 2016 08:56PM

Mine did. He was an Ok guy. Took care of the kids.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 24, 2016 09:09PM

My BYU bride did not. She's still sealed to me! La S. says to cut the cord...

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: June 24, 2016 11:37PM

Mine did, four years after the divorce. She married a priesthood holder whose wife had left the church. He raised my three kids as strict Mormons. (To listen to General Conference they had to dress in their Sunday best and sit on hard chairs in front of the TV.) One of my sons refuses to let him in his house, now that he's an adult with his own home and family, because at the wedding reception his step-dad groped his bride. But he's still TBM.

Posted by: Still Lurking ( )
Date: June 24, 2016 11:45PM

No, my husband did. He was engaged 4 days after the divorce was signed, and married 1-1/2 months later.

Posted by: anon today ( )
Date: June 24, 2016 11:51PM

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: June 24, 2016 11:56PM

My husband's ex found a new victim who was a nevermo and got him to convert.

Posted by: Cpete ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 12:10AM

But we were never tbm. 18 yrs later 4 kids free of the cult.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 12:20AM

and then maybe the next spouse find the truth about the church, and the tbm wife will divorce the apostate again. the cycle just keeps repeating itself.

you think she might be wondering about the truth by then.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 01:37AM

I'm pretty sure my TBM ex-husband remarried at least once more after the divorce I filed was finalized, and I resigned so he knew I was an apostate.

Now, my mom married an apostate whose TBM ex married a few months after they did, to someone who works for the church. As that TBM ex is on her 3rd marriage, you have to wonder how many more marriages she'll have if even working at the COB isn't enough to keep one from becoming an apostate. My step dad didn't care when his "sealing" was cancelled, as he was just glad she was out of his life. She's the one who freaked out when in the medicine cabinet, was OTC headache medicine with caffeine in it.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 06:26AM

As far as I know - my ex wife was on husband number 6. It has been about 5 years since I heard anything about her so it might be number 7 or 8 by now.

Just grateful she flew off on her broom.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 03:13AM

Did she take your magic flute?

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 07:34AM

Lolololol! The broom!

Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 10:22AM

I hope my ex wife doesn't get married again. Not for her sake, but as Mr T used to say, 'pitty the po fool.' Watch out for those TBM borderlines. Scary combo of of pure hellishness. Run away, run away...

Posted by: Anon y mouse ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 10:24AM

My TBM ex is a son of a bitch !!

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 10:53AM

No, the cougar found out guys just wanted to fuck her, not marry the cheating whore.

Posted by: Recovered Molly Mo ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 12:07PM

My ex had a few single LDS women pursue HIM for awhile post divorce. I met a few who tried to get chummy with our kids in front of me (at Birthdays).

I watched even some of the most desperate women looking for a PH/Caretaker to treat them like a Princess.

I noticed how several of these ladies faded in and out of his life over the course of a year. The ex let it drop that he was getting pressured to make a commitment, but didn't want to get "burdened" again. (Said it within earshot of me)

My ex was far from the only breadwinner in our marriage, and often said how he wished I was the sole breadwinner so he could stay home and "play house". He felt that was the cushier role. Until I went away for three days and he had to take care of two kids. He ended up taking them to his parents because he couldn't play house anymore. It wasn't fun.

After our divorce, even during his visitations, he had some of these other "lady friends" spend time with him and the kids got confused because one or two of them would whisper to them how much they cared about their Father and hoped to get to know them better too. They would ask me if their Father was planning to get remarried. I encouraged the kids to ask their Dad. I stayed out of it.

Fast forward and it becomes clear that my ex liked to "play family" without the commitment financially or otherwise. At first I thought it was just single parents hanging out..but it was very obvious one of the ladies was very hurt that he never made more of it. One of our kids told me how one of his "girlfriends" walked out of the house crying and they never saw her again.

Fast forward another year and my ex wanted me to know he was going to date the woman he cheated on me with. (While she was married to another "Apostate") I found out about their affair with emails that stated how she would make him happy, be the woman he deserved, etc.

Six months later after the big production of him going to "see where things went"...never heard about it again.

She had him all over her FB for a few months. He is active in his social media and never put her once.

I've dated off and on, but I'm never going to get married just because anyone expects it or for the status. IF I ever get married again it will be for simply for love and devotion. Marriage is no longer a "must have" for me. I want a real relationship-If the rest comes later..ok. If not. that's ok too.

I know the ex would remarry in a heart beat if a rich, childless, sexless, widow came along and just wanted to feel enthralled being married to a PH. My ex cant deal with the real world. He wants a Mother; not a wife.

RMM

Posted by: Anti gman ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 12:59PM

Yes, hell did freeze over and TBM ex wife remarried to another TBM so she has the penishood back in the home.

About 3 years before she remarried though, I received a letter requesting a temple divorce. I thought then she was remarrying, but nope, she wanted to be rid of me. I told her Bishop as he lives close by that I considered us already divorced when I saw the judges signature on our divorce decree and that the temple was of no significant matter

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 01:24PM

A curiosity question: As mentioned, my BYU bride, TBM to this day, has not remarried. Nor has she ever asked me about a temple divorce.

What is she being told regarding her future? What's the main theme women in her situation hear? Am I supposed to reach spirit prison, realize what a fool I've been, seek to redeem myself and thus she'll eventually have a CK husband? Or is she being told that I'm 'histoire avec le church' and she will be assigned to a worthy dick holder?

What would be the more, or most popular theme being peddled to these worthy tithe-payers?

Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 04:05PM

I don't think she is being told anything because the message to her is Crystal clear and has been since she was a MIA Maid, you are still her "Eternal Companion". You may have had a "divorce" in the "secular" sense of the term but as far as Celestial Marriage and the Priesthood are concerned, you are still her spouse and will call her forth from the grave on the Morning of the First Resurrection, now it may not be perfect, but in the end she is a believer and believes that her marriage really is eternal.

My Ex is the same.

Posted by: thepoopdeck ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 04:06PM

Depends on the dick no pun intended. Some dicks will say that you're the fool, other dicks would say she will get a dick of her own in Heaven.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: June 26, 2016 12:35AM

He's either a Dentist, or a MLM CEO, serving as a stake president and will have a full henhouse in heaven composed of wives of apostates.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 25, 2016 05:27PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2016 02:13AM by cl2.

Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: June 26, 2016 11:56AM

You know what? I don't care about marriage. It's just a piece of paper. It has nothing to do with love, trust or respect. It's a role.

I do believe that having a partner to laugh with. Someone to dance with in the kitchen after dinner listening to good music. Someone who has your 6 o'clock and knows you have theirs. A friend. A great companion - yeah, that's good.

Someone to care for, but not take care of - That's more whole than wondering why I should cook today. Yin, Yang.

Not a prince. Don't enjoy princesses. Real people with acceptance of warts and all.

Mormons do not understand this concept. They are too busy being perfect...

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 12:28AM

incognitotoday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You know what? I don't care about marriage. It's
> just a piece of paper. It has nothing to do with
> love, trust or respect. It's a role.

With all respect, IncognitoTwoDaysAgo, I disagree. That piece of paper stands for something: in the eyes of the law, society, and between a husband and wife.

Six years my marriage fell apart, and my wife fled, taking the car 2,000 miles across the country. (No abuse, but massive emotional neglect/my workaholism/4 kids late teens + up). Several people--including conservative Christians--said, "Let her go. It's up to her to wise up."

It was a very painful half-year, but I courted her long distance, very delicately. I believed that marriage counts for something, and the "Hey, people can always go their own ways if it doesn't work out" mentality is very dangerous, and society (not to mention millions of people) has been irreparably harmed.

Listen to "Gentle On My Mind" sometime. The song sounds beautiful, but the sentiment is extremely selfish.

It took six months, but we reconciled, and have a stronger love and bond than ever before.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 02:47AM

If the concept of marriage in our society had never developed and you had been together, wouldn't the same thing had happened, anyway? Where does marriage play into this? The same thing could have happened had this woman been your girlfriend instead of your wife. If you need to call someone your husband or wife in order to feel a certain level of devotion to them, or feel like you CAN'T be devoted to them without being married, well... I won't say there is something wrong with you, because I actually think their are a lot of people who think like that, but it seems to be an arbitrary cultural mores, not something that's actually important. Nor something I agree with..

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: June 28, 2016 03:39AM

No, but three years later I remarried. She's still single.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.