Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Eastbourne ( )
Date: June 07, 2016 08:13PM

The twins converted to Mormonism while living in Park City, and the ward was all gaga about them. I met them, and even sat next to them in SacMtg.

The article says they were on the run from their past, and had engaged in a lot of shenanigans.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/07/yoga-twins-blazed-path-of-destruction-off-hawaiian-cliff.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 07, 2016 08:42PM

These were two lost souls. The one who murdered her twin by driving over a cliff, well she has to live with that for the rest of her life.

Very sad and tragic.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 07, 2016 08:51PM

That's not how I read the linked article.

Running off with the last two weeks pay for your employees?

Filing for BK while each owned a Porsche Boxster?

of course, what is conjured up in my mind with the words "lost souls" is certainly not going to be the same as what you mean with those words.

Date: June 07, 2016 08:45PM

Golden Converts!

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 10:42AM

I read the story the other day in another publication and with some of the references of Utah and bankruptcy and just being weird I simply thought, these kooks sound like they have a mormon affiliation. Looks like my hunch was correct.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 11:21AM

They were major scammers before they joined the church. I'm sure their converting was a scam too. They should've both been killed.

Posted by: Eastbourne ( )
Date: June 08, 2016 10:45PM

You nailed it. The twins sought out the missionaries. Having served a mission, I found that those who seek the Church are either mentally unstable or have a self serving agenda,scamming for money or otherwise taking advantage of Mormon good will. Many members didn't see the charade, befriending them and giving them full time jobs when their yoga spa failed. Not wanting a real job with a boss and clock, the twins split for betterland. Or maybe they realized that detectives - private or otherwise - were onto them.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 09, 2016 10:37AM

The murder charges were dropped yesterday. A judge said not even probable cause to sustain them.
Although the prosecutor is still sure she intentionally killed her sister, and is looking for evidence to let him re-file.

Maybe she'll head back to her ward for "comfort..."?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 09, 2016 11:10AM

You know what I found weird? Why (in an SUV,) was the sister sitting behind the driver? Why not in the passenger seat? Did anyone else find that odd?

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: June 09, 2016 11:35AM

I read in the Washington Post that she was in the front passenger seat.

Posted by: Just Lurking Here ( )
Date: June 09, 2016 04:49PM

Nevermo lurking on your site – I happened to read summer's question on the position of the late sister in the car.

The Hana Highway in Maui is extremely scenic – with lots and lots of tricky twists and turns to it, and in some places, it's a one-lane road. I was in a position to tour it by bus last December.

Traveling the direction they were reported as going, sitting behind the driver would give a spectacular view of the coast and ocean – and be very thrilling, as at times you could look straight down the cliffs. Sitting beside the driver in the front would be less scenic.

Date: June 09, 2016 04:59PM

Excellent contribution! It makes perfect sense; like both of them having window seats on a plane.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 10, 2016 05:45AM

That does make sense. Thanks!

Posted by: fathered_by_parents ( )
Date: June 09, 2016 02:25PM

Having been in a physical altercation while in a moving vehicle, I know things can get crazy _very_ quickly.

I think it's safe to presume that driving off the cliff was an accident, unless evidence suggesting otherwise suddenly surfaces.

Posted by: bona dea unregistered ( )
Date: June 09, 2016 04:16PM

I read on FB that charges were dropped and that it is now considered an accident

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: June 09, 2016 06:31PM

I can't get over how strange they look. They look "off" upon first glance. Lifetime movie material for sure!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 09, 2016 06:36PM

No charges. Prosecution did not have enough evidence.

Looks like they had an on and off again volatile relationship, had a big fight in the car like little kids, driver lost control and they went off the cliff. They both could have been killed.

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/06/09/murder-charge-dropped-against-woman-accused-of-killing-twin-by-d/21392138/

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: June 10, 2016 12:31PM

My adult daughter does some yoga, and was telling me last night that sometime a couple of years ago, she was at a class here in the valley of the TSCC.

The instructor had talked about some special guest instructors coming to visit that night and the twin sisters showed up, all dressed to the hilt in outfits that you wouldn't normally wear to a yoga class, about 20 minutes later than scheduled.

They all waited for them to start "instructing" but all they did for about 15 minutes was try to get new students for their studio in Park City, not at any discount or special and my daughter said they were much more expensive than where she was taking classes at that time. The sisters sort of kept repeating how great the classes were and then were gone, one said "well it's time to go" or similar and they walked out.

The class leader was obviously put out but they went on for a normal class.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.