Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tensolator ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 12:28AM

I mean this literally.

Sunday I was at church, and as I do, I was wearing a late 50's, retro skinny tie. I like skinny ties.

Two individuals approached me, laughed, and said I looked like I was from an 80's band. ( Since I was wearing an Italian suit I did not look like I was from an 80's band...)

I politely said it was a retro 50's tie. They did not believe it and continued with the 80's band schtick.

The ignorance within the walls of the ward building is beyond belef. Screw them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 01:00AM

There is a very specific dress code - cultural style conformance. Doesn't matter where you live, if you go to church on Sunday, everybody is basically wearing a variation of the same thing. For women, it's very Down East Basic. A form fitting top and long skirt. Occasionally something else. They are conformist, not individualistic.

Date: May 31, 2016 01:06AM

Theoretically, as much as I dig the form fitting top, should they not be immodest?

Posted by: Pista ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 01:15AM

form-fitting means cut to shape, not loose or baggy. It does not mean tight or too small.

Date: May 31, 2016 01:21AM

Oh, I have seen a lot of very tight and too small being worn around one of the Lord's universities. I will have to readjust my thinking. Those are not form fitting.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 08:35AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.