Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tokki ( )
Date: May 30, 2016 11:56PM

Tonight while I was out at dinner I ran into a companion from the mission. We were really close on the mission, sexually involved for the three transfers we were together, but we lost contact after we came home in 2003. Tonight I got to meet his parents, siblings, and, to my delight, his new husband!

I feel like so much pain and negativity has been revealed coming from TSCC lately (it could just be because I'm a social worker in Utah) that I just wanted to share this happy news. I don't know if he visits this forum, but if so, congrats to you and your husband again, as well as my best wishes for all of us that have escaped!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: funeral taters ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 12:15AM

Two Elders that were having gay sex were left together for 3 whole transfers? Nice power of discernment there for you lol. Oh, well. Glad things are going well for your former comp!

Posted by: tensolator ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 12:31AM

I bet that was one gratifying companionship. Most my companions had smelly sox after tracting and they were big dicks. I am not sure if they had big dicks, they were just big dicks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2016 12:43AM by tensolator.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 12:35AM

You are obviously out of the lds church, but tell us your story.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 01:25AM

GREAT! That's (at least) 2+OUT!! No doubt!

Posted by: MexMom ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 01:46AM

Happy news indeed. So great that his family supports him!

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 11:10AM

Your post reminded me of finishing a long hike, many many miles, in the Stanislaus National Forest in California. I had been lugging a very heavy backpack, which included the camp store and group cooking supplies along with my own gear. This was mid '70s.

To this day I can still remember the huge relief I felt when we got back to the car and I could finally slip off that pack. It felt like I was full of helium, that any second I would rise off the earth.

I can only imagine how it must feel for you and your friend to be free of the church and its evil doctrine. A bit like I felt slipping off that backpack 40 years ago, maybe.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 11:16AM

That is exactly how I felt as a gay RM the moment I realized that Mormonism was all lie. I described it always as a millions thousand pounds suddenly being lifted off of me. The most beautiful moment of my life that made everything that came after it possible. I was at a friend's house when it happened while at BYU and I actually felt like I floated out of that house and all the way home. I could not feel the pavement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2016 11:18AM by blueorchid.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 11:21AM

I happily raise a glass as a toast to "the lifting of weights of fake burden."
And to meeting up with old friends now as free as yourself. :)

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 11:25AM

So happy for you. So happy for your companion. What the church did to us as the gay kids was hell--at least for me. Nice to know someone had something nice happen to them on their mission.

Me--just worked my ass off hoping that God would "fix me" if I did. Luckily, He didn't.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 11:52AM

WoW. That must have been great. So happy for the both of you.

I have yet to meet an ex-mo that I was close to as a mormon. It's probably just a matter of time but I'm looking forward to that day.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.