Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: May 30, 2016 06:27PM

I still attend church with my husband for now. Instead of getting anxious and upset by what they say, I have started turning what they say around in my head to my favor. Yesterday a talk was given, and one scripture mentions from the BofM was "the guilty taketh the truth to be hard." Perfect. It's true! It's hard for our leaders to accept the truth. It's hard for members to see the truth for what it is. I also believe that the innocent take the truth to be hard. That's us. I was innocent when I found out unacceptable truths. I took it hard! It devastated me. I never believed in a million years that my testimony was based on lies. So there it is, great talk!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: May 30, 2016 06:36PM

OMG...that brings back a very UNPLEASANT memory. My own son said that to me when he found out that I was no longer a believer. He meant it as an indication that I was too weak to live the gospel principals. Mostly because he found out I had started drinking coffee.

Now, you have given me a way to turn that around! Thank you!

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: May 30, 2016 08:31PM

Isn't that crazy that people would think that you totally believe in the LDS church teachings, but are willing to give it all up and throw away your "eternal salvation " just so you can drink coffee? Does that make any sense at all? Of course, once you discover that the LDS religion is a ridiculous fabrication, you soon also realize that drinking coffee is a minor personal decision and nothing more. I enjoy coffee, but I don't give it THAT much credit for my life decisions!

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 01:54AM

I'm happy to be helpful ;)

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: May 30, 2016 06:45PM

Lately the honchos have been warning us to beware "opposition." They'd have us believe the "opposition" are those who question their B.S.

In reality, THEY are the "opposition."

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: May 30, 2016 07:30PM

One speaker yesterday rambled on for almost 45 minutes. She finally wandered around to the WOW and when she started talking about carbonated drinks I almost laughed out loud right there in the meeting. I get a kick out of the coffee-tea bit when it is OK to gorge yourself on beef, bread and cake products, an various other health destroying habits. The speaker was about 50 pounds overweight. Also there were the mandatory tears throughout the talk and the not funny "jokes".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.