Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Sassafras ( )
Date: May 30, 2016 06:01PM

I'm absolutely disgusted and, being quite familiar with Southeastern Idaho, not entirely surprised.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/a-community-on-edge-town-torn-apart-by-sexual-assault-accusations-against-football-players/2016/05/30/c982f78e-25ac-11e6-ae4a-3cdd5fe74204_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_idaho-130p-top_3%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

"We like black people, just not here!"
"Boys will be boys; they didn't mean any harm!"
"Let's just not talk about it or take sides; instead, be NICE to each other"

WTF?!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sassafras ( )
Date: May 30, 2016 06:10PM

Oh yeah, icing on the cake was that they fooled the kid (who is black and developmentally disabled) into thinking he was going to get a hug before they violated him. That particular detail was left out of the WaPo article.

Posted by: Forgetting Abigail ( )
Date: May 30, 2016 07:54PM

The whole "boys will be boys" mentality is just sick. I really don't think anyone who that happened to would dare say the same thing again.

Posted by: bordergirl ( )
Date: May 30, 2016 07:59PM

Well, this type of thing makes me feel bloodthirsty!

I can't help thinking that the "boys will be boys" mentality might be "cured" by a certain "medical" procedure.

Actually, I'm thinking that might be the answer to a lot of these situations.

Make it a "moot point!"

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 30, 2016 08:02PM

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: May 30, 2016 08:39PM

I hope the McDaniels win the lawsuit. Then so long Dietrich, ID.

Posted by: jimd ( )
Date: May 30, 2016 08:47PM

This story was up before, and outrage aside, I can't imagine how his colon wasn't damaged. I can't imagine the coat hanger or how "kicking" it didn't cause bleeding.

This is the kind of case where "sexual predator" needs to follow the perps for life. What the victim suffered was pure preversion. I would even want to attach hate crime to it.

Right - boys will be boys, but trans in br is "dangerous." I hope they bankrupt the town.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: May 30, 2016 09:32PM

It did do damage and he had to have surgery, IFRC.

Posted by: tensolator ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 01:17AM

The singular prevert was actually from Texas. His trusty sidekicks were from Dietrich. The family will win the lawsuit, and the school district insurance will pay.

Apparently the long tall Texan arrived in Idaho already a delinquent and a rascist.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: May 31, 2016 01:45AM

It would be interesting to know why the Texas kid ended up in Idaho.

It may not be the case with this particular kid (from Texas), but all too often county placement agencies, such as juvenile probation, will place a delinquent in another county or state without fully disclosing the kid's past--particularly if sex crimes are involved.

Another nightmare is the practice of combining disabled children on the same "short bus" with the behavioral monsters.

I hope those parents win their lawsuit, and all handicapped children will end up with better protections as a result of this case.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.